Patriots locker room attendant tried to put unapproved ball into AFC final

Ken Schroy

The only ignorance I see is Pat fans blindly defending their piece of sh*t team.

That has 4 Lombardi's. 

I guess you think the ideal gas laws are voodoo of some sort.

Seriously however if the nfl suddenly decides that the balls need to be 12.5 to 13.5 during a game, one solution would be for the balls will be need to be prepared as follows 

1. Balls are filled outside in the stadium 2 hours before game time to 13 PSI positive game time. (this will need to vary by location as the ambient air pressure in Denver is different than in NY, If you want the same resistnance to squeeze as a game played at sea level.)

2. 15 min  prior to the start of the game the balls are filled/deflated to the teams qb specs of 12.5-13.5 on the field.  

3. If during the first 1/2 the air temp drops more than 10 degrees or if it rains the balls will need to be re-inflated at 1/2 time.

The balls inflated to 12.5 won't drop more than 3/4 of a lb even in a soaking storm. with a temp change of 10 degrees.   The NFL has contacted Wilson regarding a change in the specified pressure already as +/- .5psi is much too tight to maintain on a game played outside.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only ignorance I see is Pat fans blindly defending their piece of sh*t team.

You've been duped by all the rumors. Mort and the rest have hooked and played you all like Mackerels.

Nothing will happen to NE because they did nothing wrong.

The only bad part of this is that some Jets will leave for a while and the rest of the NFL will miss their reactions on draft day.

jets-fans-react-to-geno-smith-draft-nfl-

You've been duped by all the rumors. Mort and the rest have hooked and played you all like Mackerels.

The only bad part of this is that some Jets will leave for a while and the rest of the NFL will miss their reactions on draft day.

No, we won't be treated to it this year, I think the draft is held in Chi-town this year

Very hard to believe that Belidick had nothing to do with it

Now, I find it hard to believe that any nfl team was not aware of balls losing air pressure during a rain game in cold climates.   At least 25% of the players have degrees and some coaches like BB are from distinguished schools.   I think he knew that the balls that he told the refs to inflate to 12.5 would not be 12.5 by the end of the game. Matt Patrica is a aeronautical engineer for god's sake.

When deflategate broke, the very next day they were discussions from around the country saying that it was atmospheric, But since they swept Ray Rice under the rug and it was the patriots after all the league had to go thru all these machinations to show due diligence.  Even the name "deflategate" leads to a wrong assumption, the balls don't deflate, the PSI changes due to atmospheric conditions. Balls can not deflate by weather (under that meaning a loss of air,)  but just a loss of air pressure. 

What rule? That each team supplied their own footballs? How does that change the ability of the pats to deflate the balls if they wanted to?  If you thought they cheat, why did they not inflate the other teams balls to 14 lbs and make it easier for the opposition to fumble.

Good Point I am guessing Pats cheated before 2007 at least for their homegames.

Pats cheat and they get away with it because the commish lives in Kraft's a-hole.

In any other sport or with any other commish the Pats would be banned from the sport for the amount of cheating that the Pats have done. Belichick would not even get to smell another football job. Period.

Other than taping from the wrong designated area, what other "cheating" crimes have the Pats committed?

Nothing will happen to NE , because they retain Roger Goodell on their payroll

All I'm seeing from Pats fans is that they cannot be objective at all.

When I find out a player on a team I root for get busted with PEDs or whatever I think GOD DAMMIT!!! And I don't ever even entertain the excuses.

Pats fans cannot do this apparently.

All I'm seeing from Pats fans is that they cannot be objective at all.

When I find out a player on a team I root for get busted with PEDs or whatever I think GOD DAMMIT!!! And I don't ever even entertain the excuses.

Pats fans cannot do this apparently.

So what is your take on Woody Tampering with revis?

or mangini admitting he taped games as a jet

NFL rules state "no video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game." They also say all video for coaching purposes must be shot from locations "enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead."

The Admission

"What we do every away game is tape our team from both end zones, whenever it's possible. We always ask for permission to do that. Usually it's granted, provided there is a physical space to do that, it's to get the same angle you get in practice. Anybody that asks us to do it, we extend the same courtesy. It's pretty common, one way or the other, depending on how teams like to like at their game tape. That's really what it was." -- Eric Mangini

So what is your take on Woody Tampering with revis?

or mangini admitting he taped games as a jet

NFL rules state "no video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game." They also say all video for coaching purposes must be shot from locations "enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead."

The Admission

"What we do every away game is tape our team from both end zones, whenever it's possible. We always ask for permission to do that. Usually it's granted, provided there is a physical space to do that, it's to get the same angle you get in practice. Anybody that asks us to do it, we extend the same courtesy. It's pretty common, one way or the other, depending on how teams like to like at their game tape. That's really what it was." -- Eric Mangini

If it's against the rules it's against the rules and there should be repercussions. 

See, now you try it. 

Radio jamming signals, taping walkthru's....deflated footballs, paying Brady off the books, letting Jules play with concussions....

Letting Jules play with concussions, is that like having the jet team doctor lead the effort against the players in thier suit against the NFL, you know the doctor that never even was legally allowed to practice in most of the stadiums that the jets played in due to his Latin American schooling and as such would need to hold a license in that state if he wished to practice medicine. A Doctor that specialized in arthritis who felt he was the guy to lead a neurological study. 

Paying Brady off the books, yeah ok, I am sure you have numerous examples of something that even questions that from any professional and not a forum poster.

Letting Jules play with concussions, is that like having the jet team doctor lead the effort against the players in thier suit against the NFL, you know the doctor that never even was legally allowed to practice in most of the stadiums that the jets played in due to his Latin American schooling and as such would need to hold a license in that state if he wished to practice medicine. A Doctor that specialized in arthritis who felt he was the guy to lead a neurological study. 

Paying Brady off the books, yeah ok, I am sure you have numerous examples of something that even questions that from any professional and not a forum poster.

Jules played concussed all year, it got so bad they had to take him out for 2 games, and he got concussed again in SB

Let his brain fry, he knew the risks

If it's against the rules it's against the rules and there should be repercussions. 

See, now you try it. 

If the pats are found guilty of deliberately letting air out of footballs or asking any employee or volunteer they should be punished.  I don't think any patriot fan would have much of a n issue with it.  Lets see what the lab at Columbia says occurs to footballs that suffer a 25 degree drop in temp and are wet for 90 min.  . 

If the pats are found guilty of deliberately letting air out of footballs or asking any employee or volunteer they should be punished.  I don't think any patriot fan would have much of a n issue with it.  Lets see what the lab at Columbia says occurs to footballs that suffer a 25 degree drop in temp and are wet for 90 min.  . 

man up and embrace the cheating

the raiders flaunted it, they loved wearing the black hat, you have to respect that

the past* try to have it both ways, they cheat, but they want to wear the white hat

no respect for that

This is what I'm talking about, you can't be objective. Anyone with some common sense knows that there was some purposefully shady sh*t going on. But you're tossing out Columbia lab reports or something. There is so much evidence. And sure, maybe some of it is anecdotal. But this isn't a court of law as much as Pats fans want it to be. The Colts balls were fine, BTW. Do you honestly not believe this was done on purpose? Consider it as Team A and Team B, not the Pats and Colts. Team A is guilty as sh*t, bro. 

See, now you try it. 

Well how do you explain why the league went after the pats for taping after issuing the memo and not the jets if Godell is in krafts pocket?

or this that espn said about the dolpins taping our signals

Quick Hits
clayton_john_m.jpg

Teams are always trying to steal signs and signals off other teams. That's just football.

• For more of John Clayton's analysis, click here. in.gif

man up and embrace the cheating

the raiders flaunted it, they loved wearing the black hat, you have to respect that

the past* try to have it both ways, they cheat, but they want to wear the white hat

no respect for that

No one is asking you to respect anything the patriots do or did.

Well how do you explain why the league went after the pats for taping after issuing the memo and not the jets if Godell is in krafts pocket?

or this that espn said about the dolpins taping our signals

Quick Hits
clayton_john_m.jpg

Teams are always trying to steal signs and signals off other teams. That's just football.

• For more of John Clayton's analysis, click here. in.gif

You're all over the damn place. When did I say anything about Kraft? 

Archived