Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

You need at least 1/2 that for your draft picks.

That still leaves us plenty to work with. Plus we can free up cap room easily by cutting a couple of players that we probably don't even need. Half of the league has less to work with, some teams are barely under the cap. If they don't have anything to worry about there's nothing for us to worry about, we're in decent shape.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, looking over the free agents...why haven't we scheduled a visit yet with Sam Acho? He'd be a perfect fit here. I'd take him all day over Pace and possibly even Babin. Denarius Moore should be signed as well. BJ Raji would be a nice addition to the D-Line, he can play NT and DE. Lance Briggs is another guy I like for the vet minimum, perfect fit in the 3-4 as an ILB. Kind of like a Bart Scott type. Rolando McClain, athletic ILB with too much baggage. And we have to find a blocking TE in the draft...

Blocking TE is something I'd like to see them get for the vet minimum, or just trot one of their extra linemen out there reporting as eligible if all they want him to do is block. Or an undrafted free agent, or a late cut in training camp. With just six picks, there are probably better values and bigger needs than a TE who blocks. The lack of interest in OLBs could easily be because they're targeting that position at #6 overall. Pace and Babin can hold the fort. 

That still leaves us plenty to work with. Plus we can free up cap room easily by cutting a couple of players that we probably don't even need. Half of the league has less to work with, some teams are barely under the cap. If they don't have anything to worry about there's nothing for us to worry about, we're in decent shape.

Yeah. I mean there certainly is some JAGs at the bottom of the 53. Some UDFA could easily replace and save us money.

We're in pretty good shape.

Would like to see another "speed" guy like Denarius Moore brought into camp on a show me deal.

Everybody liked to mock Acho to us, but don't they realize that  Bowles benched him?  Acho was an up and comer, but that was before Bowles took over.  His good years were 2011-2012.  Bowles was in Miami and Philly.  Acho got hurt early in 2013 and then Bowles benched him for Shaughnessy in 2014.  Acho had a grand total of two sacks for Bowles.  It is quite possible that Bowles does not like this player.

I read that Raji was probably sticking with GB on a one year deal.

Everybody liked to mock Acho to us, but don't they realize that  Bowles benched him?  Acho was an up and comer, but that was before Bowles took over.  His good years were 2011-2012.  Bowles was in Miami and Philly.  Acho got hurt early in 2013 and then Bowles benched him for Shaughnessy in 2014.  Acho had a grand total of two sacks for Bowles.  It is quite possible that Bowles does not like this player.

I read that Raji was probably sticking with GB on a one year deal.

I didn't know that. I guess it makes sense.

As for Raji, I'm not too crazy about him. He'll probably end up with the Packers again on a 1yr deal. I think they paid him like 5+ mil. for a year last year. Crazy.

I didn't know that. I guess it makes sense.

As for Raji, I'm not too crazy about him. He'll probably end up with the Packers again on a 1yr deal. I think they paid him like 5+ mil. for a year last year. Crazy.

Raji is a local guy. The forum would love him. We like our washed up local players.

What happened to Denarius Moore did he get lost in Florham Park? They said he was there for a very long time then poof he disappeared.

rotoworld has been pretty decent with updates.  looks like the jets are the only team kicking his tires.  it could be as as simple as his agent trying to get another team involved to up his price before he signs or maybe the jets just weren't impressed

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6658/denarius-moore

It's scary that none of our free agents are generating any interest out there. None of them have visits lined up...

- QB M. Vick

- CB K. Wilson

- S D. Landry

- DE L. Douzable

- RB C. Johnson

CJnoK is costing the jets 1.5 mill in dead money not to play

that's some powerful stank on his resume right now, lol

jason updated the jets cap with cromartie.  it seems to be including purdum's new deal as well

looks like my estimate was off, and shanes was dead on

kudos to tom "the accountant" shane

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/new-york-jets

The Jets signed CB Antonio Cromartie to a 4 year, $32 million contract on March 18, 2015. Cromartie received a reported 16 million guarantees that we are estimating came in the form of his 2015 and 2016 base salaries plus a 2015 roster bonus.

so as of right now the jets are at $12.2 million, needing about $10 million for rookies and in season flexibility.  They can free up as much as $6 million after june 1st with various cuts and incur no dead money

so the "play with" number is about $8 million give or take.  I will await shanes verification of course

rotoworld has been pretty decent with updates.  looks like the jets are the only team kicking his tires.  it could be as as simple as his agent trying to get another team involved to up his price before he signs or maybe the jets just weren't impressed

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6658/denarius-moore

True,i was thinking how good our special teams will be with him & ewusu returning punts & kicks I don't blame him for seeing what's else out there before signing for the minimum

jason updated the jets cap with cromartie.  not sure if purdem is new deal or old deal

looks like my estimate was off, and shanes was dead on

kudos to tom "the accountant" shane

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/new-york-jets

The Jets signed CB Antonio Cromartie to a 4 year, $32 million contract on March 18, 2015. Cromartie received a reported 16 million guarantees that we are estimating came in the form of his 2015 and 2016 base salaries plus a 2015 roster bonus.

So basically we are around 6 mil under the cap.

So basically we are around 6 mil under the cap.

that was my estimate, but it's $12.2 right now.  The jets can cut enough veterans after june 1st  to pay for the rookies with no dead money (pace, walls, cumberlan, and the loser of the antonio allen jaiquawn jarrett camp battle)

can't wait for cassel and manuel to get the "we win with defense and running it, don't **** it up" motivational speech

Nothing they did makes any sense. What was the point of adding Clay and making him the highest paid TE in the next few years if you're gonna focus on running the ball?

Nothing they did makes any sense. What was the point of adding Clay and making him the highest paid TE in the next few years if you're gonna focus on running the ball?

maybe the GM and HC aren't on the same page ?    can you imagine that ?   lol

So, the Bills sign Percy Harvin and Charles Clay -- a move tight end who is not a good blocker.  A year after they trade up for Sammy Watkins.  Haven't spent anything to upgrade OL except the Richie Incognito signing.  And they are gonna run the ball 50 times a game.  

So, the Bills sign Percy Harvin and Charles Clay -- a move tight end who is not a good blocker.  A year after they trade up for Sammy Watkins.  Haven't spent anything to upgrade OL except the Richie Incognito signing.  And they are gonna run the ball 50 times a game.  

You say that like you are suprised.  Did you forget who the coach  is?  Rex literally learned not one thing from year one to year 6 of his tenure as the jets.  Not one bloody thing.

It's scary that none of our free agents are generating any interest out there. None of them have visits lined up...

- QB M. Vick

- CB K. Wilson

- S D. Landry

- DE L. Douzable

- RB C. Johnson

Chris Johnson was shot, remember?  Vick stinks and is a dog killer, Douzable will get a 1 mill vet min deal the day after the draft.

You say that like you are suprised.  Did you forget who the coach  is?  Rex literally learned not one thing from year one to year 6 of his tenure as the jets.  Not one bloody thing.

Not surprised.  Amused.

Hilarious. Wasted all their resources (picks, money etc.) on improving the passing game, yet they want to "ground and pound". Smart.

Gotcha.

And then, you have to consider Harvin -- who said during Free Agency that he did not want to be seen as a gadget player but as a traditional WR.  And then he takes the money and goes to Buffalo where he most likely will be used as a gadget player in the wildcat.  He gets what he deserves.

As of today we have exactly 15 mil. in cap space. This is according to the NFLPA so the numbers are accurate.

This is great especially after the spending spree woody went on, I say we need a couple of players for depth then off to the draft.

This is great especially after the spending spree woody went on, I say we need a couple of players for depth then off to the draft.

Yeah, the only guy I'd be interested in signing right now is Denarius Moore I guess. The rest is garbage pretty much. ILB should be adressed thru the draft, and something tells me post June there will be some good D-Linemen available. Other than that we're pretty much set.

Archived