Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

As of today we have exactly 15 mil. in cap space. This is according to the NFLPA so the numbers are accurate.

they don't list the players, so it's hard to say which number is more accurate

as fans all we need to know now is the moves macc and graves made didn't put us in cap hell, they still have flexibility, and if mo wilk really wants to avoid being tagged, they can make it happen

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6. New York Jets -- Randy Gregory, OLB, Nebraska

Comment: After addressing cornerback and wide receiver in March, Mike Maccagnan gets Todd Bowles the best available edge rusher. The Jets have a handful of good interior rushers and aging outside rushers, so the pick makes sense.

I don't think Cimini has any idea what he's talking about when it comes to college football or even other NFL teams, but Gregory would make sense. As would Beasley. Mariota to the Redskins makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Comment: After addressing cornerback and wide receiver in March, Mike Maccagnan gets Todd Bowles the best available edge rusher. The Jets have a handful of good interior rushers and aging outside rushers, so the pick makes sense.

I don't think Cimini has any idea what he's talking about when it comes to college football or even other NFL teams, but Gregory would make sense. As would Beasley. Mariota to the Redskins makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Washington doesn't have a quarterback. Mariota is a quarterback. It's not exactly quantum physics.

Yeah, uh...   that could actually make plenty of sense. Also making sense, if Mariota is there when Washington is on the clock, is for them to trade out of the slot so someone else can take him before the QB-needy Jets get to make their selection. Either way, Mariota going at #5 is highly possible. 

Oh, so it would make sense because they'd have one more QB to throw on the field. Brilliant. If that's not the secret to success then I don't know what is.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

Every team drafting ahead of us started somebody worse than Geno Smith last year. Every single one. No way no how was Mariota ever going exactly sixth.

I'm not arguing that Mariota won't go in the top 5. He might. But there is just absolutely no way the Redskins will pick him up.

Or Raiders, Or Jags, If the titans don't pick him the only way he doesn't fall to us is if someone trades up to grab him. Even if he does fall to #6 though there is no guarantee we pick him and there is no guarantee we trade our pick if we do not pick him. Best thing to do right now in my opinion is sit back enjoy the offseason and have a bit of trust in our new management to do the right thing as I believe they have done quite well in free agency.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

Every team drafting ahead of us started somebody worse than Geno Smith last year. Every single one. No way no how was Mariota ever going exactly sixth.

Agree on top 3, no way Geno is better than Carr or RG111. Scary to think 3 teams have QB's worse than Geno. Yet people continue to tell you Winston and Mariota won't go in top 3.

Mariota doesn't have the arm of Aaron Rodgers

Aaron Rodgers didn't have the arm of Aaron Rodgers when he came out of Cal. He made an adjustment that has helped him tremendously.  You folks need to stop with this Marriota has a weak arm stuff. It's simply not true. You do not  need the arm of Brandon Bridge  to make it as an NFL QB.  One of the best Arms in the NFL belonged to Vinnie Testaverde.  The best arm I think I ever saw as far as distance and release was Jeff George.

Yeah, uh... that could actually make plenty of sense. Also making sense, if Mariota is there when Washington is on the clock, is for them to trade out of the slot so someone else can take him before the QB-needy Jets get to make their selection. Either way, Mariota going at #5 is highly possible.

Although it is a possibility, I highly doubt it. I cannot picture Snyder approving this pick with his love for RGIII. They have a tremendous amount of holes.

Perfect.  The cap is not so tight that we can't make 1 more "big" move if we want to.  If, say, Brees/Rivers magically came available we could cut all 4 of those guys.  I also would add Jason Babin to that list.  That would free up a little over $8M of additional cap space by cutting those 5, or about $5-6M if we cut 3 of them.

why would Allen be in the hot seat?? the guy played very good as a safety he is not a CB and his salary is almost nothing.

Mariota doesn't have the arm of Aaron Rodgers

Aaron Rodgers didn't have the arm of Aaron Rodgers when he came out of Cal. He made an adjustment that has helped him tremendously.  You folks need to stop with this Marriota has a weak arm stuff. It's simply not true. You do not  need the arm of Brandon Bridge  to make it as an NFL QB.  One of the best Arms in the NFL belonged to Vinnie Testaverde.  The best arm I think I ever saw as far as distance and release was Jeff George.

Better then Namath?? Tin what you been smoking man??LOL

Agree on top 3, no way Geno is better than Carr or RG111. Scary to think 3 teams have QB's worse than Geno. Yet people continue to tell you Winston and Mariota won't go in top 3.

Geno will throw in a decent game here or there. RG3 wont have another good game in his career. He's beyond terrible.

I wasn't saying same exact style as mush as takes a few years to develop and then wham-o, he becomes a clutch, star QB

That is true, but the problem is that he had a Brett Favre in front him to shield him from preemptive entry (insert joke here).

The Jaguars tried to do it with Blake Bortles and it didn't work.

That is true, but the problem is that he had a Brett Favre in front him to shield him from preemptive entry (insert joke here).

The Jaguars tried to do it with Blake Bortles and it didn't work.

lol.  if he does slide into the teens, you can write it down, he is going to be eased in and be a star

I just have always felt that the more buzz you hear leading up to the draft he more I start to suspect the opposite is true

none of the QB needy teams want their true intentions known obviously.  I think the titans take him tbh

lol.  if he does slide into the teens, you can write it down, he is going to be eased in and be a star

I just have always felt that the more buzz you hear leading up to the draft he more I start to suspect the opposite is true

none of the QB needy teams want their true intentions known obviously.  I think the titans take him tbh

If he goes in the top 5 I agree.. :winking0001: Or top 2 that is..

It would be more surprising to see Jacksonville or Oakland pull the trigger but it isn't and shouldn't be out of the question for any of them.

Unless somebody trades up I don't see him going in the top 5. But I'm sure somebody will. Probably the Bears, it's only a couple spots and they need a new face, a high character guy. Or the Browns, they have more than enough ammo. The Eagles probably can't afford to move up that far.

Archived