Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

Neither WR is going to be there at 6....

It's actually a likely scenario.  Draftcountdown.com has this current mock draft:

1. TB-Winston

2. TN-Mariota

3. JX-Leonard Williams

4. OAK-Cooper

5. WAS-Danny Shelton

In this scenario one of the two Cooper or White fall to 6.  That is actually pretty likely.  I see Oakland taking White over Cooper he is the type of WR Al Sr was in love with his entire life and as we know Son of Al does does everything he thinks his father would have wanted.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's actually a likely scenario.  Draftcountdown.com has this current mock draft:

1. TB-Winston

2. TN-Mariota

3. JX-Leonard Williams

4. OAK-Cooper

5. WAS-Danny Shelton

In this scenario one of the two Cooper or White fall to 6.  That is actually pretty likely.  I see Oakland taking White over Cooper he is the type of WR Al Sr was in love with his entire life and as we know Son of Al does does everything he thinks his father would have wanted.

Washington wouldnt hesitate to take either WR there imo...and is Leonard Williams an actual top 5 lock? Is he even that good?

No way Whisenhunt deals with Mariota. If Tennessee drafts him, it'll be over Whisenhunt's corpse.

"deal with"

whats the issue ?  off the charts character or off the charts athletic ability ?

all rookies have learning curves even the ones who play under center in a pro style offense

"deal with"

whats the issue ?  off the charts character or off the charts athletic ability ?

all rookies have learning curves even the ones who play under center in a pro style offense

Mariota throws the ball like you calculate cap hits.

This one goes out to afosomf: all the 40 times at the veteran combine were frighteningly slow, so it was clarified that they were using a different method to keep the times than they do at the regular combine, which produces slower results.

Who else was timed using this outdated, slower method? Amari Cooper:

"]

"]

This is interesting. Wheels about to come off in Washington, it seems:

Keim: If it were up to the coach, Griffin would be gone. The owner, it appears, wants to keep him around another year. Griffin does not have a ton of supporters on the football side as far as feeling he can become the sort of franchise quarterback they once envisioned. So, no, I don't think they're on the same page. Not saying Jay Gruden is right or wrong in his assessment, just that they differ. I think the only way Griffin gets traded is if another quarterback comes back in return (probably obvious). Based on the coaches not having much confidence in him, anything is possible. But they'll have to convince the owner it's a smart move and I'm not sure they'll be able to do so.

http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/16163/redskins-mailbag-part-2-65?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

I'm sick of these reporters talking about this guy. They're only talking about him because he's gay. He's not a good football player and they talk about him like once was a superstar in this league.

I'm sick of hearing about him. By the way, I'm not calling you out, just these reporters.

Random contract note: Antonio Cromartie's 4 yr/$32M deal with Jets includes only $7M gtd - $5M base + $2M roster bonus at signing. #nyj

Wait, so the entire premise of that stupid JIF/JF80 thread is moot? I gotta tell you, I didn't see that coming. 

Sooooo, another one year deal? Not bad

Cromartie's contract pretty much means the Jets should have no interest of moving on from Milliner, it makes no sense to give up on a player drafted 9 overall after two years until he's given proper time to evaluate coming back from injury once healthy.

Jarvis Jones fighting it out for starting job with Harrison now, possibly benched.   I guess this is the anti workout warrior failing, where people wanted to focus just on production and not bad combine tape.  

"Steelers GM Kevin Colbert views the team's starting right outside linebacker position as an "open competition" between Jarvis Jones and James Harrison.

It's telling that Jones has to hold off a 37-year-old just to keep his job. The 17th overall pick in the 2013 draft, Jones has been exposed as a sub-NFL-caliber athlete through two seasons while also battling myriad injuries. He has three sacks in 21 games and looks every bit a draft bust. PFF gave Jones a positive pass-rush grade in just one of his seven 2014 appearances."

Archived