Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably. Amaro is a teammate, and Rex won't let it go.

I have always said Rex acts like a Jet fan they let nothing go either.. Until he learns to let things go he won't be the HC he may want to be..Well that and realize he's responsible for the whole team..LOL

I have always said Rex acts like a Jet fan they let nothing go either.. Until he learns to let things go he won't be the HC he may want to be..Well that and realize he's responsible for the whole team..LOL

Don't insult Jet fans that way.... 

I cannot see tweets at work. Can someone cut and paste the content.

Here is the article the tweet linked:

Brandon Marshall is not a locker room cancer and his attitude had nothing to do with the March trade that sent him from the Chicago Bears to the New York Jets, so says a team source with the NFC team.

It has long been rumored that Marshall, acquired by the Jets on March 10, was ousted by the Bears in large part because he was a distraction on their roster. The 31-year old wide receiver has had issues in previous stops, namely with the Miami Dolphins, but he wasn't a malcontent or even a discontent in Chicago.

A source on the Bears, speaking on the condition of anonymity, tells Metro New York that Marshall was not shipped off the to the land of the green and white because of any character concerns. Rather, the source said, “it was money, pure money.

“The trade was contract driven, freeing up salary cap space. He was on a big contract here,” the source tells Metro New York. “It had nothing to do with him being this locker room issue or this villain. In fact, there were no issues like that that drove him out of here. It was all about the cap hit.”

Last year, Marshall was hampered by injuries with the Bears but still had 61 receptions for 721 yards and eight touchdowns in 13 games. No one on the Jets had more than five touchdowns in 2014. If he's healthy, he can change a passing offense for the Jets that last year was among the worst in the NFL. Suddenly, he partners with fellow wide receivers Eric Decker and Jeremy Kerley along with second-year tight end Jace Amaro to provide some legitimate targets.

In seven of the last eight seasons, Marshall has topped 1,000 receiving yards in a season, the only exception being 2014.

In October, Marshall reportedly was at the center of a locker room tirade and pundits noticed his visible on the field demeanor during the team's rough patch last fall, which many of them said was to look of a jaded superstar who was disappointing and disconnected last season. Couple that with the poor reputation earned from his time in Miami and the connection was made that Marshall was a diva and had an attitude problem.

Not so says the member of Bears management, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he is not allowed to publicly comment on personnel matters.

“There wasn't an issue with what Brandon said last year. Not at all. Those things happen in an NFL locker room, the older guys speak up and let their voices be heard. Brandon has earned that right,” the source said. “He's been a pro here. Again, it wasn't about the money, that's headlines and radio people talking and speculating. The trade with the Jets wasn't about that.

“To my knowledge he wasn't an issue here at all last year. I never heard a complaint. We had to move his contract for cap space and he had value.”

Link

Also this is important in the sh*t-slinging round 2 of Rex vs Jets:

Willie Colon said on SiriusXM NFL Radio that lateness WAS an issue last season w/ the #Jets...

I cannot see tweets at work. Can someone cut and paste the content.

Steelers WR Antonio Brown seeking new deal. Won't attend offseason workouts, mulling holdout from minicamp, training camp, sources say.

Willie Colon said on SiriusXM NFL Radio that lateness WAS an issue last season w/ the #Jets...

Leonard Williams visiting with #NYJ today or tomorrow, likely just due diligence. Hard to see him there at 6 or NYJ moving on him, if he was

UCF WR Breshad Perriman visiting #Jets today

Kimberley A. Martin ✔ @KMart_LI Follow Willie Colon said on SiriusXM NFL Radio that lateness WAS an issue last season w/ the #Jets...

Watching Rex strike out like this reminds of Alfonso Soriano.

Why should the truth insult anyone??

I am a Jet fan and I have no problem letting things go; especially things that don't really matter.  Rex doesn't act most Jet Fans unless you consider most Jet fans loudmouths who talk a big game but rarely back it up. 

I am a Jet fan and I have no problem letting things go; especially things that don't really matter.  Rex doesn't act most Jet Fans unless you consider most Jet fans loudmouths who talk a big game but rarely back it up. 

Well maybe not all Jet Fans in general but it sure does seem to fit quite a few posters here..  :winking0001:

Saving up some money for the post June cuts I'm sure.

Anybody have any RFA updates? I think the deadline was yesterday for players to sign their tender. JJ did so yesterday, but Snacks hasn't.

what does that mean for snacks ?  he is waiting for another team to make an offer ?  I have to think he will lose leverage after the draft

I don't even know why players would wait that long. Why not just sign the damn thing the day you're being tendered? What do you get out of waiting until the last day? Do you want out? Are you looking for somebody to trade for you? Is that a holdout thing? I don't know.

Macc said yesterday he's not worried about JJ and Snacks. JJ signed his deal, we have yet to hear about Snacks doing the same. I'm sure he will and they just haven't reported it yet, but it still bothers me that he'd wait that long.

I don't even know why players would wait that long. Why not just sign the damn thing the day you're being tendered? What do you get out of waiting until the last day? Do you want out? Are you looking for somebody to trade for you? Is that a holdout thing? I don't know.

Macc said yesterday he's not worried about JJ and Snacks. JJ signed his deal, we have yet to hear about Snacks doing the same. I'm sure he will and they just haven't reported it yet, but it still bothers me that he'd wait that long.

agreed. In every article and comment I've read it's been assumed that snacks is to remain with the team. It would really throw a toad in the soup if for some reason he was to end up somewhere else. Especially after Ellis signed with the Giants.

Barnes is nice depth but Snacks is a key member of the nice D line we have right now.

• 2 weeks later...

So Colt Lyerla is in New Jersey. Speculate all you want.

Yes, he's the psycho that went undrafted last year, but he's also an absolute beast. Tight End from Oregon. Wondering if he's in Florham Park.

Psycho is an understatement.  He thinks the government was behind the shootings at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in an effort to promote gun control.  His most recent arrest was for DUI, but unrelated to alcohol.  

No want.  No matter how much of a beast.  

Archived