Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Douzable, T.J. Barnes, Vickerson, Bowens (did I miss anyone?) That is some nice depth there. 

Ronald Talley

An incredible job by the front office of filling the back end of the roster with players that

have actually played in the league.  Young players that think they can "skate" onto the

roster are going to get passed by

Ronald Talley

An incredible job by the front office of filling the back end of the roster with players that

have actually played in the league.  Young players that think they can "skate" onto the

roster are going to get passed by

Thanks, Forgot about him. Is he any relation to Daryl Talley LB who used to play for the Bills?  I totally agree with you that Bowles and Mac are putting everyone on notice that they better be ready to compete or they will be playing somewhere else.

indeed.  Now lets do the same for Oline.  Our center and LT aren't getting any younger either. 

I think they have signed even more guys to the O-line.  Hilliard, Brewer, Carpenter, Hooey, Wesley Johnson, resigned Ijalana, Colon, Qvale, in addition to Mangold, Brick, Giacomini, Aboushi, Dozier, Winters and Dalton Freeman.  Not exactly Murderer's Row, but should be plenty for guys salivating over Douzable, TJ Barnes, VIckerson, Bowens and Talley.

I think they have signed even more guys to the O-line.  Hilliard, Brewer, Carpenter, Hooey, Wesley Johnson, resigned Ijalana, Colon, Qvale, in addition to Mangold, Brick, Giacomini, Aboushi, Dozier, Winters and Dalton Freeman.  Not exactly Murderer's Row, but should be plenty for guys salivating over Douzable, TJ Barnes, VIckerson, Bowens and Talley.

Plenty of bodies there, I agree.  But I like the depth on the D so much better.

I wonder what he is basing that on??  

I think it's more about what Winston did (or didn't) than what Mariota did. To be honest IMO they both didn't do anything impressive in their workouts, they actually looked pretty disappointing.

Not the same; but point taken.   Also as I mentioned scouting reports (which this isn't) are just part of the puzzle not the whole deal. 

The biggest issue with Winston is his maturity off the field and everyone knows it. How do you explain Mayack dropping Winston but not Gregory who failed a drug test and will have to start his NFL career in the league's drug program ? This screams of someone wanting to stand out from the crowd.

The biggest issue with Winston is his maturity off the field and everyone knows it. How do you explain Mayack dropping Winston but not Gregory who failed a drug test and will have to start his NFL career in the league's drug program ? This screams of someone wanting to stand out from the crowd.

That is an excellent point Tin.  I wonder if TB takes Mariota instead?  If so, how far do you think Winston would fall? 

That is an excellent point Tin.  I wonder if TB takes Mariota instead?  If so, how far do you think Winston would fall? 

Never going to happen.  Lovie Smith  isn't that stupid and I can assure you Tony Dungy will convince him Winston deserves the benefit of the doubt and can be saved.

Never going to happen.  Lovie Smith  isn't that stupid and I can assure you Tony Dungy will convince him Winston deserves the benefit of the doubt and can be saved.

Well he better be right; If Winston implodes Lovie will never coach again (as a HC). 

• Brandon Bridge, QB, South Alabama (COM)
  • Da'Ron Brown, WR, Northern Illinois (EW)
  • Tyson Chandler, OT, N.C. State (WOR)
  • Justin Coleman, CB, Tennessee (EW)
  • Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama (PRI)
  • Adrian Coxson, WR, Stony Brook (LOC)
  • Jamison Crowder^, WR, Duke (SR, COM)
  • Tyeler Davison, DT, Fresno State (EW)
  • Dillon Day, C, Mississippi State (EW)
  • Phillip Dorsett, WR, Miami (SR)
  • Alvin Dupree, OLB/DE/3-4OLB, Kentucky (PRO)
  • Cole Farrand, ILB, Maryland (EW)
  • Jon Feliciano, G, Miami (EW)
  • Ereck Flowers, OT, Miami (PRI)
  • Randy Gregory, DE/3-4OLB, Nebraska (INT)
  • Eli Harold, OLB/DE/3-4OLB, Virginia (PRI)
  • Greg Henderson, CB, Colorado (EW)
  • Deon Long, WR, Maryland (EW)
  • Greg Mancz, C, Toledo (EW)
  • Marcus Mariota^, QB, Oregon (COM, PRI)
  • Benardrick McKinney^, OLB/ILB, Mississippi State (INT, PRO)
  • John Miller, G, Louisville (EW)
  • DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville (PRI)
  • Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford (PRI)
  • Marcus Peters, CB, Washington (PRO)
  • Shane Ray^, OLB/DE/3-4OLB, Missouri (PRO, PRI)
  • Josh Shaw, CB/S, USC (EW)
  • Tye Smith, CB, Towson (EW)
  • Kristjan Sokoli^, DT, Buffalo (PRI, LOC)
  • Darren Waller, WR, Georgia Tech (EW)
  • Jameis Winston^, QB, Florida State (COM, WOR)
Our predraft visitis. I always find these interesting. Shows you what our FO is looking for the most, position wise (OLB/WR as expected). And the type of players they're looking for to build this team. The receivers are mostly under 6'. The two DT's are barely 300 pounds. Not your typical 350+ pound NT, the ones Rex preferred. The 2 ILB's are giants (6'4 - 250 lbs.). The cornerbacks are all 6 feet tall, around 200 pounds with 4.5 speed (no burners). Some LT prospects / pass blockers with long arms, and a bunch of scrappy interior guys.

• Brandon Bridge, QB, South Alabama (COM)
  • Da'Ron Brown, WR, Northern Illinois (EW)
  • Tyson Chandler, OT, N.C. State (WOR)
  • Justin Coleman, CB, Tennessee (EW)
  • Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama (PRI)
  • Adrian Coxson, WR, Stony Brook (LOC)
  • Jamison Crowder^, WR, Duke (SR, COM)
  • Tyeler Davison, DT, Fresno State (EW)
  • Dillon Day, C, Mississippi State (EW)
  • Phillip Dorsett, WR, Miami (SR)
  • Alvin Dupree, OLB/DE/3-4OLB, Kentucky (PRO)
  • Cole Farrand, ILB, Maryland (EW)
  • Jon Feliciano, G, Miami (EW)
  • Ereck Flowers, OT, Miami (PRI)
  • Randy Gregory, DE/3-4OLB, Nebraska (INT)
  • Eli Harold, OLB/DE/3-4OLB, Virginia (PRI)
  • Greg Henderson, CB, Colorado (EW)
  • Deon Long, WR, Maryland (EW)
  • Greg Mancz, C, Toledo (EW)
  • Marcus Mariota^, QB, Oregon (COM, PRI)
  • Benardrick McKinney^, OLB/ILB, Mississippi State (INT, PRO)
  • John Miller, G, Louisville (EW)
  • DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville (PRI)
  • Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford (PRI)
  • Marcus Peters, CB, Washington (PRO)
  • Shane Ray^, OLB/DE/3-4OLB, Missouri (PRO, PRI)
  • Josh Shaw, CB/S, USC (EW)
  • Tye Smith, CB, Towson (EW)
  • Kristjan Sokoli^, DT, Buffalo (PRI, LOC)
  • Darren Waller, WR, Georgia Tech (EW)
  • Jameis Winston^, QB, Florida State (COM, WOR)
Our predraft visitis. I always find these interesting. Shows you what our FO is looking for the most, position wise (OLB/WR as expected). And the type of players they're looking for to build this team. The receivers are mostly under 6'. The two DT's are barely 300 pounds. Not your typical 350+ pound NT, the ones Rex preferred. The 2 ILB's are giants (6'4 - 250 lbs.). The cornerbacks are all 6 feet tall, around 200 pounds with 4.5 speed (no burners). Some LT prospects / pass blockers with long arms, and a bunch of scrappy interior guys.</p>

Nice work.

What do the abbreviations after the player name mean?

COM- I'm guessing is Combine

SR- Senior Bowl

EW- would be the Shrine game

WOR- I'm assuming means "workout"

PRO- would be their pro-day

Is INT, a private interview? In which case, what is PRI?

LOC?

Just wondering if you know.

Sorry, should have put that in there:

SR - Senior Bowl meeting.
EW - East-West Shrine meeting.
COM - Combine meeting.
INT - Interested.
VINT - Very Interested.
PRO - Pro Day or campus meeting/workout.
LOC - Local visit.
PRI - Private visit.
WOR - Private Workout.
% - indicates more than one meeting at an event.
^ - has met with team at more than one event.
# - indicates meeting set up outside of the 2015 Senior Bowl or the 2015 East-West Shrine Game

Got this from Walter Football.

¿No Running Backs ?

I missed that. Kind of surprising but I guess with Ivory, Powell and now Ridley that's the least of our problems. I still think we'll bring in a couple of speedy RB's with our final picks or even an undrafted guy.

I missed that. Kind of surprising but I guess with Ivory, Powell and now Ridley that's the least of our problems. I still think we'll bring in a couple of speedy RB's with our final picks or even an undrafted guy.

The Jets are going to draft a potential franchise RB in the early rounds remember all 4 of our backs Ivory, Powell, Ridley & Richardson are free agents after the season I hope we draft Duke Johnson or Jay Ajayi with that 37th pick.

The Jets are going to draft a potential franchise RB in the early rounds remember all 4 of our backs Ivory, Powell, Ridley & Richardson are free agents after the season I hope we draft Duke Johnson or Jay Ajayi with that 37th pick.

You can always get good, proven backs in free agency. I doubt we'll be spending a pick higher than the 3rd rounder on a RB. And you're not getting a franchise back with that pick unless you strike gold. Bowles or Macc doesn't strike me as a guy who'd spend a top pick on a RB. Bowles because of his background as a DC and Macc never did any of that with the Texans either.

You can always get good, proven backs in free agency. I doubt we'll be spending a pick higher than the 3rd rounder on a RB. And you're not getting a franchise back with that pick unless you strike gold. Bowles or Macc doesn't strike me as a guy who'd spend a top pick on a RB. Bowles because of his background as a DC and Macc never did any of that with the Texans either.

Eh.  That is mostly because they struck gold with Foster.  They did spend a 2nd on Ben Tate and a 3rd on Steve Slaton.  It's not like he is allergic.

Archived