The Jets will 100% draft/trade for a QB on Draft Day, the question is: in what round?

SouthernJet

New regime of Bowles and Mac seem to play close to the vest.

Is it Mariota? Is it a draft day trade for Bradford?

Is it some kid they have secretly fallen in love with in a later round?

It will happen, question is how/where/who?

Has anyone seen a player-visit tracker? If we knew the QBs that have been interviewed, drilled, and/or brought in for workouts, we would have a better understanding of when we're looking to pull the trigger.

I say we take a flier on a QB in rd 4 or later; It's a neat idea, but this year the value just doesn't warrant the selection.

Let Fitzy hold the fort, we can get our future QB next year.

New regime of Bowles and Mac seem to play close to the vest.

Is it Mariota? Is it a draft day trade for Bradford?

Is it some kid they have secretly fallen in love with in a later round?

It will happen, question is how/where/who?

if we don;t add a QB or two before training camp then the Billboards go up.  PERIOD!!

I have a feeling that Bradford might have been the target for the Jets all along and they trade the 6th pick to the Eagles for him if Mariotta is still available.  I wouldn't be a fan of this. he's too brittle to put the franchise on his back. 

I like the idea of MM sitting behind Geno AND Fitz year one. Sitting behind Geno year 1 would have been a disaster in the making as every errant pass Geno threw from preseason week 1 would have fan base clamoring for MM, I hate Fitzpatrick as our top option, but would become very ok with it if MM is the pick at 6. This would represent an actual good plan at the QB position for the first time since the Vinny Chad days. Like the Vinny Chad days it could work out short term and blow up down the road, or maybe 2 years from now MM comes in like Pennington did, but this time he is the complete package not just a smart guy with a noodle arm.

I think, given the moves of the past few day, that we can afford to take Mariota with the #6 pick.  The defense should be one of, if not the, best in the league, and the offense as currently constructed with Fitzpatrick at QB will at least be good enough to keep us in contention heading into December.  Not a bad job by Maccagnan to turn around the dumpster fire that the roster was last year so early in his time at the helm.

With that in mind, I think they can take the risk at #6 if Mariota is still there and not have it be a case of mortgaging the future.

I like the idea of MM sitting behind Geno AND Fitz year one. Sitting behind Geno year 1 would have been a disaster in the making as every errant pass Geno threw from preseason week 1 would have fan base clamoring for MM, I hate Fitzpatrick as our top option, but would become very ok with it if MM is the pick at 6. This would represent an actual good plan at the QB position for the first time since the Vinny Chad days. Like the Vinny Chad days it could work out short term and blow up down the road, or maybe 2 years from now MM comes in like Pennington did, but this time he is the complete package not just a smart guy with a noodle arm.

Totally agree. If it plays out this way, I like the roadmap.

I really don't see us trading for Bradford anymore - It really makes no sense. I honestly think if Mariota is there, theres a good chance we are the ones who take him. 

Can you please splain your photo. A) you are Ravens fan. B ) you are from New Rochelle C) you are a Rutgers fan. D) you are a Rice fan for other reasons F) You are attempting humor.

Chip Kelly just elected to trade for Sam Bradford instead of trying to get Mariota.

I'm not sure he elected, more like understood it was way to unrealistic to ever get up to the 6th pick without stripping the rest of his team of talent, and ability to get talent in the future.

And who knows it's still early right about this time 2 years ago is when Geno went from top overall pick to more like top 15, and later even dropped further as we all know, not impossible this happens to MM, and if it does now he has a competent starter for MM to sit, and watch and learn the speed of the NFL from the bench like he should.

Unless it's Bryce Petty in the 4th or later, punt

Why? What's the point taking a guy whose ceiling is basically Ryan Fitzpartick, the guy you already, now, have. Why not, at least, take a shot at one of the guys with upside? Ok, I guess bc Mariota and Hundley are probably going too early for you to like. But then don't even bother drafting a QB. Especially a guy like Petty. JMO. 

I'm not sure he elected, more like understood it was way to unrealistic to ever get up to the 6th pick without stripping the rest of his team of talent, and ability to get talent in the future.

And who knows it's still early right about this time 2 years ago is when Geno went from top overall pick to more like top 15, and later even dropped further as we all know, not impossible this happens to MM, and if it does now he has a competent starter for MM to sit, and watch and learn the speed of the NFL from the bench like he should.

I've been saying that Mariota is a second round talent that will get Ponder'd into the first. Dude blows.

Why? What's the point taking a guy whose ceiling is basically Ryan Fitzpartick, the guy you already, now, have. Why not, at least, take a shot at one of the guys with upside? Ok, I guess bc Mariota and Hundley are probably going too early for you to like. But then don't even bother drafting a QB. Especially a guy like Petty. JMO.

What's the difference between Petty and Mariota besides the 40?

The sad thing (for Eagles fans, anyway) is that he could have easily moved up to #6 had he not gone ahead with all of his stupidity of the past few days.  He very well could have bundled Foles and/or Maclin into a trade up to #2 or #6 that would have significantly lessened the number of draft picks he would have needed to give up to get to #2 or #6.  Now, he has nothing left but draft picks to trade.

Can you please splain your photo. A) you are Ravens fan. B ) you are from New Rochelle C) you are a Rutgers fan. D) you are a Rice fan for other reasons F) You are attempting humor.

Haha none of the above. During the playoffs, there was something going on where everyone was changing their photos to players of the team the Pats were facing. I picked Rice hoping they would channel his past performances vs the pats. Just never changed it. 

Haha none of the above. During the playoffs, there was something going on where everyone was changing their photos to players of the team the Pats were facing. I picked Rice hoping they would channel his past performances vs the pats. Just never changed it. 

Fair enough

Has anyone seen a player-visit tracker? If we knew the QBs that have been interviewed, drilled, and/or brought in for workouts, we would have a better understanding of when we're looking to pull the trigger.

Tony Pauline has an article of the Pro day work at the Jets have been to its a good place to see who they interviewed and who they're taking an interest in

I say we take a flier on a QB in rd 4 or later; It's a neat idea, but this year the value just doesn't warrant the selection.

Let Fitzy hold the fort, we can get our future QB next year.

would like to see the Jets hourde draft picks for next years draft like Bellicheck did a few years ago. this will allow them to have enough ammunition to trade up for QB Connor cook in the first round next year

I've been saying that Mariota is a second round talent that will get Ponder'd into the first. Dude blows.

Kelly just said in press conference that he believes MM is best QB in draft, but the notion of him mortgaging the future to move up in draft is not happening, silly, and unrealistic. Also said he was offered a 1st rd pick for Bradford already this morning, and Bradford is his guy.

STRONGLY disagree with this statement, though I do not want to pick him.

My vote is for Bryce Petty in 4, or better yet, Sean Mannion in 5.

Sean Mannion......ugghh even a worst idea imo. Makes me wish the idiot GM from last year just took Mettenberger in the 5th.

Archived