Bring Back Fireman Ed

Make me idSICK

SAR you did this all the time at JI with the big money talk. This place is a new start, why throw the $$$ around, you can't win. Tailgate Joe has spent more than any of us for the game day spread he throws out there and Max has run this site for years and I am sure a lot of $$$ came out of his pocket. Amazing that you actually track your Jets expenditures... Most with big bucks have no clue where and how much they spend. Keep to the topic... Ed coming back does work as it would get people out of their seats.

Appreciate that my dude. And the money spent means nothing, I know how hard I practice my fandom, and how hard guys like you and max as well, and the positive vibe and experience guys like us bring to other Jets fans online and at the game. I take immense pride in that and it's all I care about.

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heres how i see it.  SAR likes to rip any fan that has more notoriety than him.....Max, Ed, Tailgate Joe have all felt the wrath.......typical anonymous message board fare.

My question to SAR is this.......what do you bring to the table sir??  (and don't say BMW's......you drive the north jersey 16 year old chick's dream model)

I've got Max questioning my commitment to the team, tells me missing 2 games a year for family events isn't "die hard".

Okay.  That's one way to look at it.  Most people judge commitment by both time and money.  So let's see what Max has contributed to the team from his pockets since 2001.

And stop with the Tailgate Joe Patron Saint of Jets Fans already.  He's a guy with a grill, not a man of the cloth.

SAR I

How do you know Tailgate Joe is not a man of the cloth?

I sat next to a priest at Giant's Stadium for years and didn't know it.

After I found out he was a priest and realized all the cursing I did at the Jets over the years, he conducted a confession for me right there in Section 112 Row 6.

Being a season ticket holder since 2001 has cost me $195,000 in tickets, parking, flights, transportation.

You?

Die hard doesn't mean pretzels in mom's basement.  Die hard means spending money to support the team.

SAR I

Incorrect. Die hard is a descriptor for a level of passion. It has nothing at all to do with dollars spent. 

A broke middle-aged dad watching the game with his son in the tiny apartment they live in, on the wrong side of the tracks, in some Long Island suburb could be a bigger, more "die hard" fan than any schmuck that buys himself tickets for 20 years. It's about what's in your chest. Not your wallet.

I've spent a lot of money on real estate. I wouldn't describe myself as a die hard fan of it. 

SAR you did this all the time at JI with the big money talk.  This place is a new start, why throw the $$$ around, you can't win.  Tailgate Joe has spent more than any of us for the game day spread he throws out there and Max has run this site for years and I am sure a lot of $$$ came out of his pocket.  Amazing that you actually track your Jets expenditures...  Most with big bucks have no clue where and how much they spend.  Keep to the topic...   Ed coming back does work as it would get people out of their seats. 

Wealthy people that stay wealthy actually know exactly how they've spent their money, and don't want to spend their money, they find ways to spend the money of others.

Another exhibition of SAR's persona not aligning with the mindset of a truly wealthy individual.

5. In the grand scheme of things I dont give a rats ass.  I dont buy tickets anymore.  I dont attend games anymore.  So what happens at/in the stadium doesnt matter to me.  So I hope those of you who do waste your money on this team get what you want.

I feel like this last part deserves special recognition of some sort

I've got Max questioning my commitment to the team, tells me missing 2 games a year for family events isn't "die hard".

Okay.  That's one way to look at it.  Most people judge commitment by both time and money.  So let's see what Max has contributed to the team from his pockets since 2001.

And stop with the Tailgate Joe Patron Saint of Jets Fans already.  He's a guy with a grill, not a man of the cloth.

SAR I

On one hand, you whine about trashy people ruining the game day experience and not enough fans showing up during the tough times... on the other hand you take a dump on a guy that tries to bring good times, people and a good food to the game day experience, and shows up, no matter how bad the team gets.

What have you done to try and improve the experience? Nothing.

******* hypocrite.

I think you need to graduate to a beer or something that tastes like gasoline, i.e. Scotch/Bourbon.

Last guy I saw drinking that was wearing flip flops.

God I love beer and things that taste like gasoline. Can we start the damn season already?

Also, enjoy the vacation, Idsuck

Okay. That's one way to look at it. Most people judge commitment by both time and money. So let's see what Max has contributed to the team from his pockets since 2001.

And stop with the Tailgate Joe Patron Saint of Jets Fans already. He's a guy with a grill, not a man of the cloth.

SAR I

Another solid one-liner ruined by preamble. If you can't punch your tax bracket, at least punch your weight class.

Being a season ticket holder since 2001 has cost me $195,000 in tickets, parking, flights, transportation.

You?

Die hard doesn't mean pretzels in mom's basement. Die hard means spending money to support the team.

SAR I

You should pay less for your seats so you don't feel the need to sell your tickets to opposing fans.

Being a die hard has nothing to do with money.

Okay. That's one way to look at it. Most people judge commitment by both time and money. So let's see what Max has contributed to the team from his pockets since 2001.

And stop with the Tailgate Joe Patron Saint of Jets Fans already. He's a guy with a grill, not a man of the cloth.

SAR I

I am part of a team of people that built the Jet Nation brand. Since Woody has profited from marketing Jets Nation I have done my fair share.

I am obviously joking about a die hard fan being related to missing games for family events.

What I am not joking about is being annoyed with you ruining threads and chasing away good posters.

You?

Die hard doesn't mean pretzels in mom's basement.  Die hard means spending money to support the team.

SAR I

Spending money doesn't make you a real fan

Any idiot can throw money around, rich people do it all the time.

Your shtick at JI, here, or anywhere tells me all I need to know about the kind of fan you are, being  a "die hard" isn't one of them...

I am part of a team of people that built the Jet Nation brand. Since Woody has profited from marketing Jets Nation I have done my fair share.

I am obviously joking about a die hard fan being related to missing games for family events.

What I am not joking about is being annoyed with you ruining threads and chasing away good posters.

If you're gonna ask SAR to knock off his schtick, you should give your "i actually matter at JN" schtick a rest as well. We all know Faba is the one and only reason this place still exists. 

All I'm saying is it's a good thing somebody got in the middle of that before one of you broke a nail.

You don't understand what you've been observing. I've always played rope-a-dope with SAR. I can appreciate that you're trying to bait one of us into getting more aggressive though, very subtle. 

Archived