Bring Back Fireman Ed

Make me idSICK

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just judging by your interactions here in this thread, maybe the problem isn't Ed wanting to be a celebrity but more you were probably a dick to him during those 6 interactions.  It seems to be your thing.

I'd take it a step further and sum it up as Ed is a quasi-celebrity garnering attention, SAR has deep-seeded problems with self-esteem and envy making him desperate as sh*t for attention, and those things don't co-mingle well in any social dynamic.

SARs points, sincere or not, about how the rest of the fans need to show up are good points. It's unfortunate that he's drown them out with the superfluous jealousy bit. He almost brought something valuable to the discussion... but couldn't get out of his own way.

If you were a bigger fan you wouldn't sell your seats. The jets are more important than family events.

No, they're not.

I can make 5 or 6 games a year.  Can't make Monday nighters or Thursday nighters, I travel for work during the season, sometimes my son has travel baseball playoffs or tournaments, its unavoidable, have to miss a few games a season.  I lived in New Hampshire for 14 years and was a season ticket holder even then, averaged 5 games a year, that's 70 round trips of 10 hours each, I think I know a thing or two about dedication.

SAR I

No, they're not.

I can make 5 or 6 games a year.  Can't make Monday nighters or Thursday nighters, I travel for work during the season, sometimes my son has travel baseball playoffs or tournaments, its unavoidable, have to miss a few games a season.  I lived in New Hampshire for 14 years and was a season ticket holder even then, averaged 5 games a year, that's 70 round trips of 10 hours each, I think I know a thing or two about dedication.

SAR I

Can you collate the data on the amount of trips, hours, miles, pit stops, BMW tire replacements, and truck stop blowjobs you've given out across that same span? I think it's generally impossible to fully draw a conclusion on "dedication" until we have assembled all datapoints, and then completed an exercise in dedication mapping to weigh positive affinity (i.e. you giving out blowjobs) versus negative (i.e. you children having to have to spend time with you).

I got annoyed when you lied about Joe. But lets not let facts get in the way.

I did not lie about Joe.

I had a theory that Fireman Ed, FireIdzik, and Tailgate Joe were all working together to fabricate a story that didn't exist in an attempt to drive traffic to a disregarded ego, a once popular defamation website, and an asphalt barbecue grill.  Two days ago I apologized to Joe.  But then today I listened to a podcast and, hmm, I don't know. 

SAR I

Hmmm. I expected to see granite countertops at least.

Was my first home in New Hampshire 10 years ago.  I don't live there any more, but it did its job in producing a family and doubling its value between the time we bought it and sold it.

SAR I

No, they're not.

SAR I

If you were a bigger fan you wouldn't have moved out of the area. Being a big fan takes a lot of commitment. When your wife says I want to see my family, you need to say not during football season.

It is okay. Missing Jets games as much as you do doesn't make you a bad person. It just makes you a guy who isn't a huge Jets fan.

I did not lie about Joe.

I had a theory that Fireman Ed, FireIdzik, and Tailgate Joe were all working together to fabricate a story that didn't exist in an attempt to drive traffic to a disregarded ego, a once popular defamation website, and an asphalt barbecue grill.  Two days ago I apologized to Joe.  But then today I listened to a podcast and, hmm, I don't know. 

SAR I

You lied about Joe. You said something that wasn't true. You knew it wasn't true when you said it. That makes it a lie.

1. The atmosphere was destroyed when they moved into the spaceship.

2. My dislike of Ed when I was a season ticket holder was because of his activities away from doing a chant.  And his being used for the West Side Stadium plan.  I lost all respect for him after that crap.

3.  I have zero jealousy of Ed and his "fame" he achieved as the lead cheerleader.  I just didnt like his antics away from the chant. 

4.  Have fun with the petition.  Maybe he will come back if enough people care.  I dont think him doing a chant a few times a game (since... ya know... our offense stunk for a few years  :rl: ) is really that big of a deal in terms of atmosphere.  There is a lot more the Jets can do, and should get creative with new initiatives instead of trying to recreate the J-E-T-S chant.  

5. In the grand scheme of things I dont give a rats ass.  I dont buy tickets anymore.  I dont attend games anymore.  So what happens at/in the stadium doesnt matter to me.  So I hope those of you who do waste your money on this team get what you want.

I did not lie about Joe.

I had a theory that Fireman Ed, FireIdzik, and Tailgate Joe were all working together to fabricate a story that didn't exist in an attempt to drive traffic to a disregarded ego, a once popular defamation website, and an asphalt barbecue grill. Two days ago I apologized to Joe. But then today I listened to a podcast and, hmm, I don't know.

SAR I

I love this forum.... Even when I am being trolled, it is by a lovable troll. I am currently in Myrtle Beach for a well deserved vacation. There is literally NOTHING anybody could say right now that would make me angry... In way too good of a mood.

Captain Morgan and Diet Pepsi's for everyone!

I'd take it a step further and sum it up as Ed is a quasi-celebrity garnering attention, SAR has deep-seeded problems with self-esteem and envy making him desperate as sh*t for attention, and those things don't co-mingle well in any social dynamic.

SARs points, sincere or not, about how the rest of the fans need to show up are good points. It's unfortunate that he's drown them out with the superfluous jealousy bit. He almost brought something valuable to the discussion... but couldn't get out of his own way.

Damn

Nailed it!!

Less SAR and his attention seeking whoring

More #bringbacked

No, they're not.

I can make 5 or 6 games a year. Can't make Monday nighters or Thursday nighters, I travel for work during the season, sometimes my son has travel baseball playoffs or tournaments, its unavoidable, have to miss a few games a season. I lived in New Hampshire for 14 years and was a season ticket holder even then, averaged 5 games a year, that's 70 round trips of 10 hours each, I think I know a thing or two about dedication.

SAR I

Kids baseball in New Hampshire in October through December?

LOL

Could be in September but that means he is missing opening day and THAT is unforgivable... I skipped my great aunt's funeral to go to a Jets/Cardinals game (there was also a must win Mets/Brewers game that day)... Went to the service but skipped the graveyard.. Saw one of the most vicious hits I have ever seen in my life that day... Thought Anquan Boldin was dead for a second... Gotta make sacrifices! Play like a champ, Sar!

I love this forum.... Even when I am being trolled, it is by a lovable troll. I am currently in Myrtle Beach for a well deserved vacation. There is literally NOTHING anybody could say right now that would make me angry... In way too good of a mood.

Captain Morgan and Diet Pepsi's for everyone!

Let me tell you something, you really should avoid challenges like that. Someone will take you up on that offer, believe me I learned that the hard way!

Enjoy your vacation!

I did not lie about Joe.

SAR I

You think I was the "squeaky voiced Joe" you referenced the other day about that podcast? Lol, anyone who knows me would not say my voice is in any way squeaky. That wasn't me.

If i was in cahoots on this, wouldn't a link be up on the bringedback page to my site, instead of a different tailgate group? You kinda suck at figuring out stuff.

people who would never try to do something because they think it is the right thing to do can't relate to people who would... They always think there is some other motive - fame, financial gain, etc - because that is all that would motivate them to put in the time necessary to run a campaign like this.

The petition is totally free to sign. I am not selling any Fireman Ed merchandise. I didn't ask for anything in return for putting logos on the homepage. I have to allow the newspapers to put my name in print because they won't quote me otherwise but I don't even have a personal twitter page. I have refused every television interview that was offered including a major network pregame show during the Idzik campaign. And I own a business - I could probably pick up thousands of new clients from all of this but I have never once promoted it. All I am trying to do is help make a difference.

My reward for the Idzik canpaign and now this Ed campaign will be on opening day when our revamped roster that our new GM put in place is introduced and then Fireman Ed leads the loudest chant MetLife Stadium has ever heard... I will sit back proudly knowing that I - in whatever small way - helped make that a reality. And that is a good enough payout for me.

Was my first home in New Hampshire 10 years ago. I don't live there any more, but it did its job in producing a family and doubling its value between the time we bought it and sold it.

SAR I

Houses were only doubling in value 10 years ago in rural / suburban areas like NH if you paid for the house all over again by upgrading it.

If you upgraded it, then you did a bad job using Formica countertops.

Could be in September but that means he is missing opening day and THAT is unforgivable... I skipped my great aunt's funeral to go to a Jets/Cardinals game (there was also a must win Mets/Brewers game that day)... Went to the service but skipped the graveyard.. Saw one of the most vicious hits I have ever seen in my life that day... Thought Anquan Boldin was dead for a second... Gotta make sacrifices! Play like a champ, Sar!

Went to that game too....biggest hit I've ever seen.

You think I was the "squeaky voiced Joe" you referenced the other day about that podcast? Lol, anyone who knows me would not say my voice is in any way squeaky. That wasn't me.

If i was in cahoots on this, wouldn't a link be up on the bringedback page to my site, instead of a different tailgate group? You kinda suck at figuring out stuff.

I thought he was on to something, Joe is an incredibly uncommon name in the tri-state area.

As long as Luca Brasi is protecting you, I am scared of you and cannot reply to you.

SAR I

These are all things that a die hard fan would say are less important than being at a jets game.

Being a season ticket holder since 2001 has cost me $195,000 in tickets, parking, flights, transportation.

You?

Die hard doesn't mean pretzels in mom's basement.  Die hard means spending money to support the team.

SAR I

Being a season ticket holder since 2001 has cost me $195,000 in tickets, parking, flights, transportation.

You?

Die hard doesn't mean pretzels in mom's basement.  Die hard means spending money to support the team.

SAR I

SAR you did this all the time at JI with the big money talk.  This place is a new start, why throw the $$$ around, you can't win.  Tailgate Joe has spent more than any of us for the game day spread he throws out there and Max has run this site for years and I am sure a lot of $$$ came out of his pocket.  Amazing that you actually track your Jets expenditures...  Most with big bucks have no clue where and how much they spend.  Keep to the topic...   Ed coming back does work as it would get people out of their seats. 

SAR you did this all the time at JI with the big money talk.  This place is a new start, why throw the $$$ around, you can't win.  Tailgate Joe has spent more than any of us for the game day spread he throws out there and Max has run this site for years and I am sure a lot of $$$ came out of his pocket.  Amazing that you actually track your Jets expenditures...  Most with big bucks have no clue where and how much they spend.  Keep to the topic...   Ed coming back does work as it would get people out of their seats. 

I've got Max questioning my commitment to the team, tells me missing 2 games a year for family events isn't "die hard".

Okay.  That's one way to look at it.  Most people judge commitment by both time and money.  So let's see what Max has contributed to the team from his pockets since 2001.

And stop with the Tailgate Joe Patron Saint of Jets Fans already.  He's a guy with a grill, not a man of the cloth.

SAR I

Archived