NFL Owners going to look at some proposed new rules

faba

Owners to look at replay proposals

Updated: March 18, 2015, 2:57 PM ET
  •  

[+] Enlarge
Kirby Lee/USA TODAY SportsThe Lions proposed a rule that would permit the instant replay system to correct an officiating error.

NEW YORK -- Significant changes to the use of video replay, including reviewing all fouls called by game officials, will be proposed by the NFL's competition committee at next week's owners meetings.

The committee is presenting a proposal by the Detroit Lions that would permit the instant replay system to correct an officiating error. That would include such controversial calls as pass interference.

Also to be discussed in Phoenix will be a proposal by the New England Patriots to place fixed cameras on all boundary lines. That would guarantee coverage of those lines regardless of where network cameras are positioned.

Other proposals include moving the extra point attempt to the 15-yard line and guaranteeing both teams a possession in overtime even if one scores a touchdown on its first drive. There is also a proposal to give teams that successfully convert a 2-point conversion the chance to immediately add another point from midfield.

Copyright 2015 by The Associated Press

That sucks

Any changes to OT suck.  I liked sudden death.  Peyton Manning didnt' get the ball in OT.  Boo F'n Hoo, then his defense should have made a play.

If they're going to make it where a team gets another shot even if the opponent scores a TD, they'd better make that other team go for 2.  Nobody wants an OT that makes the game last over 4 hours.

Then again they're likely changing the stupid 2-pt conversion rules too so who knows wtf else they're gonna do to ruin football.

As soon as I see the headlines 'owners looking at new rules' i am prepared for the worst, they haven't let me down yet.

the league (under goodell) makes all kinds of major moves short term without thinking them through and then has to make new rules to cover the errors they made previously.

Classic case, they now want to review interference after wanting more scoring and telling the refs to call any ticky tacky thing.

Pats want 'fixed' sideline cameras, how long before their hoe field attendant moves them just back enough to see play call signals etc.

Can't they leave this game alone?

Like i said, they make ill thought out instant large impact decisions and then realize two years later they have screwed up so they have to make even more lame rules to try and fix the error.  Goodell.

That sucks

Any changes to OT suck.  I liked sudden death.  Peyton Manning didnt' get the ball in OT.  Boo F'n Hoo, then his defense should have made a play.

nah sudden death was stupid when you could just get into fg range and the other team didnt get a chance on offense. it made the outcome too reliant on the luck of a coin flip

nah sudden death was stupid when you could just get into fg range and the other team didnt get a chance on offense. it made the outcome too reliant on the luck of a coin flip

Well, in all fairness, when the rule was made, you were allowed to play defense.

For a league that wants more scoring, I am really surprised they don't just use the college OT rule

Also agree on the review stuff, the NFL should not get calls wrong with the technology today, the PGA can track the speed, direction, distance and final location of a golf ball hit over 300 yards, so they be able to handle in and out of bounds 

Archived