Brandon Marshall will wear #15

joewilly12

Just to clarify, I don't believe people need to walk around o egg shells and watch every word they use in fear of offending someone.....just think being respectful towards others and having a little sensitivity to words that have been used to put down others or make them feel less than human wouldn't kill anyone. That's how I feel anyways when it comes to retard, fag, etc.

That's how I feel and that's how I was raised. You don't have to agree with me, just like I don't have to agree with you.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Agree I also think instead of commenting on a thread with that 1 word you are better person if you just ignore the thread altogether if you dont like it.

I don't think he used the term to offend anyone. If I was offended i probably would have reached out through a private message to make him aware of i how I felt and how others may feel. He may have taken it better. Once it's on blast people can get very defensive and it sparks a convo like this which is not necessary in this forum.

If I understood you correctly then if I call an African American thief a n*gger, you won't be offended.

To be clear, you saying it doesn't mean a thing; you directing those words at an individual (s) with hate or malicious intent, then I'd have a problem.

This is the world according to Hess. I've already said I don't expect people to agree and that I really don't universally like "people" per se, so whatever.

Nope you missed it. Unless you're thinking some deep space 9 sh*t in that people shouldn't be so offended by words without the intent to maliciously hurt someone else. But Philosopher isn't the first word that comes to mind with you LK. No offense.

The word coming to mind when thinking of you is "subjective."

, and once I went through my teen years and matured a little I stopped using the word gay just about all together so I wouldn't offend anyone the same way retard bothers me.

What!

Wait a second.  I thought the word "Gay"  was created by, well gays, as a PC word?  (I actually liked it better when it meant jolly)  It has now hit the non PC list?  Who knew?  What is the PC word now for, well, I don't know what to call them now with out offending half the board.

Somebody needs to publish a guide for the ever changing people, or objects, we don't want to offend.  Or maybe we should just stop communicating.  

What!

Wait a second.  I thought the word "Gay"  was created by, well gays, as a PC word?  (I actually liked it better when it meant jolly)  It has now hit the non PC list?  Who knew?  What is the PC word now for, well, I don't know what to call them now with out offending half the board.

Somebody needs to publish a guide for the ever changing people, or objects, we don't want to offend.  Or maybe we should just stop communicating.  

People suck. We're no good. 

What!

Wait a second. I thought the word "Gay" was created by, well gays, as a PC word? (I actually liked it better when it meant jolly) It has now hit the non PC list? Who knew? What is the PC word now for, well, I don't know what to call them now with out offending half the board.

Somebody needs to publish a guide for the ever changing people, or objects, we don't want to offend. Or maybe we should just stop communicating.

No worries we can still be offense to women and gays on this board.

What!

Wait a second. I thought the word "Gay" was created by, well gays, as a PC word? (I actually liked it better when it meant jolly) It has now hit the non PC list? Who knew? What is the PC word now for, well, I don't know what to call them now with out offending half the board.

Somebody needs to publish a guide for the ever changing people, or objects, we don't want to offend. Or maybe we should just stop communicating.

Idk. I just meant in the context of saying "that's gay" when referring to stupid or negative. The word itself isn't wrong to use or offensive, at least in my opinion, just depends on the context. I should of been more clear, my apologies.

Archived