Jameis -27 Mariotta -33

Gas2No99

Heard something on the radio that of all the SB winning QB's in the league, the lowest score was Big Ben at like 23 or 24 or something like that...but most have them been 30+.  I think Peyton might have been a high 20's?  At least that's what the radio was saying.  They brought up Marino and how he never won it but was still the best of his generation with a low teens score.

Maybe not a direct correlation to how they play the position but possibly to a correlation to the winning aspect? 

Probably not...but interesting nonetheless. 

Heard something on the radio that of all the SB winning QB's in the league, the lowest score was Big Ben at like 23 or 24 or something like that...but most have them been 30+.  I think Peyton might have been a high 20's?  At least that's what the radio was saying.  They brought up Marino and how he never won it but was still the best of his generation with a low teens score.

Maybe not a direct correlation to how they play the position but possibly to a correlation to the winning aspect? 

Probably not...but interesting nonetheless. 

Peyton scored a 28. As did Wilson and Brees. Marino got like a 13.

10 worst, all-time:

1.  Morris Claiborne - 4

Darren Davis - 4

3.  Edward "Pig" Prather - 5

4.  Frank Gore - 6

Oscar Davenport - 6

Vince Young - 6

7.  Chris Leak - 8

8.  Sebastian Janikowski - 9

9.  Jeff George - 10

Michael Bishop - 10

And you get 4 points for spelling your name right..LOL

The Wonderlic tests processing speed, not necessarily intelligence. Given enough time, you can answer every question on the Wonderlic correctly. It's mostly just basic math, logic and language skills. Certain people are very analytical and take multiple approaches to the same problem, leaving less time to answer the other questions on the test. It's not out of question that these guys could be legimitately smart but simply aren't good test takers.

Manning had a reasonable, middle-of-the-road score. Yet he's widely regarded as the smartest QB ever. Could it be possible that a guy like Manning who is ridiculously analytical and detail-oriented could spend a lot of time on a few problems, not leaving enough time for the others?

I think the test is a good barometer for how you think and process multiple pieces of information on the fly. However, NFL players usually aren't given 30 minutes to learn an entire playbook. What good does a perfect score do for that Bengals punter? Did it turn him into a better football player? Doubt it.

I took that test

Not for nothing, but it is interesting to see how phenomenal busts like Charles Rogers (10) and Morris Claiborne (4 a lowest ever) scored and have panned out. Tavon Austin got a 7.

How though??? I took the test with my eyes closed and ended up with like 15. Or I would.

I'll admit it.  This actually changes my opinion of Jameis slightly.  His score is very average but I expected a Vince Young-ish score of around 6.

Why is it so hard to believe. He graduated with a 3.9+ GPA and was accepted to Stanford on a full scholarship. He makes dumb off-the-field decisions but he's an intelligent young man.

Both guys scored well in the range that teams want their potential franchise QB to score. These results will have no effect on their respective draft positions.

The only time it matters is when you get a Vince Young like score. 

Yeah, Marino, that's one.  But 99% of the time, you don't want the face of your franchise unable to spell his name.

If a plane leaves Newark at 9AM ET and lands in San Diego at Noon PT, what time does the 3PM local time team meeting begin?

It begins at 3pm unless you're still in EST and then it would be at 6pm in Newark but 3pm in San Diego

I'll admit it.  This actually changes my opinion of Jameis slightly.  His score is very average but I expected a Vince Young-ish score of around 6.

why?  in reality he had an offer to go to stanford.  he's not stupid intellectually i thought.  his score is lower than i thought it would be.

10 worst, all-time:

1.  Morris Claiborne - 4

Darren Davis - 4

3.  Edward "Pig" Prather - 5

4.  Frank Gore - 6

Oscar Davenport - 6

Vince Young - 6

7.  Chris Leak - 8

8.  Sebastian Janikowski - 9

9.  Jeff George - 10

Michael Bishop - 10

Gore and Janikowski stand out to me.  I guess their respective positions RB and K do not require intellectual traits.  RB is more about heart and determination.  Jeff George played in an era that demanded a lot less of QBs and he sucked anyway.  Vince Young is not booksmart and I wouldn't want him starting on my team, but still had a god-given knack for winning when the game was on the line (he was 31-20 as a starter)

Archived