Jump to content
prime21

GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

 

I like GOT as much as the next guy but you guys have certainly taken it to the next level................

It's funny, I started off hating the show, similar to Walking Dead.  Now, I love both with a passion, slight nod to GoT.  I'm addicted to the plot lines, the twists and turns, trying to predict what happens next, etc.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of which, I was just hating on the Greyjoy's vs. Greyjoy's scene here in the office and someone brought up a great point...how did Euron even know to intercept them heading to Casterly Rock? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JiF said:

Speaking of which, I was just hating on the Greyjoy's vs. Greyjoy's scene here in the office and someone brought up a great point...how did Euron even know to intercept them heading to Casterly Rock? 

Just read this in Vanity Fair. It was geography. Yara was headed to Dorne south from Dragonstone. Euron was headed out of Kings Landing. Dragonstone sits just on top of Kings Landing. They ran into each other. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lizard King said:

Just read this in Vanity Fair. It was geography. Yara was headed to Dorne south from Dragonstone. Euron was headed out of Kings Landing. Dragonstone sits just on top of Kings Landing. They ran into each other. 

Vanity Fair? You godforsaken homo. 

Claim seems dubious, btw. Euron explicitly told Cersei he would get her a prize or something, and her daughter's murderer was it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone notice when Jamie is introduced to the other Tarly son he calls him "Rickon," but is corrected? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Anyone notice when Jamie is introduced to the other Tarly son he calls him "Rickon," but is corrected? 

You mean Dickon? LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anyone notice when Jamie is introduced to the other Tarly son he calls him "Rickon," but is corrected? 

Great line. One of the high points of the episode.

Hopefully things come into focus a little more next episode. The directors are just scattergunning right now. Getting as much as they can get tied up. That being said there's a lot of superfluous stuff in there right now. The Greyworm love scene was endearing at first, then seemed cheapened by it's gratuitousness and length. With the way this show depicts sex and love, it seemed an odd choice for two characters who truly love eachother. Can't knock nice boobs, but it seemed out of place and about two minutes too long.

The lords of the north must be sick of Jon Snow calling all those damn meetings. Just for him to tell them he's taking a trip.

I'm also worried about Euron. This sort of maniacal can be easily overdone, and I think it's going to be overdone. Ramsey was the perfect uber-villain because he fit in with this world. Euron doesn't seem to fit. He's come completely out of nowhere. A guy who fights like this, we should have heard tales of him. A couple of episodes last season sure didn't make him out to be some whirlwind of doom. The show doesn't need him as the new Neagan or Ramsey. I just want to know what happens in the plots they've laid out. I hope they back off the psycho stick a bit.

Still plenty to like, just a lot to sift through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Vanity Fair? You godforsaken homo. 

Claim seems dubious, btw. Euron explicitly told Cersei he would get her a prize or something, and her daughter's murderer was it.

Sometimes men read Vanity Fair...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Lizard King said:

Just read this in Vanity Fair. It was geography. Yara was headed to Dorne south from Dragonstone. Euron was headed out of Kings Landing. Dragonstone sits just on top of Kings Landing. They ran into each other. 

So Euron happened to just stumble upon their fleet on the way to Drone and then somehow just sneaked up on their entire fleet without being seen in ships twice the size of ones they seized until they literally ran directly into the ship that was carrying everyone of importance?  

That was by far, bar none, the worst scene GoT has put together.  It was straight cartoon sh*t.  Jack Sparrow should have made an cameo.  Why not?  Ed Sheeran already did.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, the Claw said:


Great line. One of the high points of the episode.

Hopefully things come into focus a little more next episode. The directors are just scattergunning right now. Getting as much as they can get tied up. That being said there's a lot of superfluous stuff in there right now. The Greyworm love scene was endearing at first, then seemed cheapened by it's gratuitousness and length. With the way this show depicts sex and love, it seemed an odd choice for two characters who truly love eachother. Can't knock nice boobs, but it seemed out of place and about two minutes too long.

The lords of the north must be sick of Jon Snow calling all those damn meetings. Just for him to tell them he's taking a trip.

I'm also worried about Euron. This sort of maniacal can be easily overdone, and I think it's going to be overdone. Ramsey was the perfect uber-villain because he fit in with this world. Euron doesn't seem to fit. He's come completely out of nowhere. A guy who fights like this, we should have heard tales of him. A couple of episodes last season sure didn't make him out to be some whirlwind of doom. The show doesn't need him as the new Neagan or Ramsey. I just want to know what happens in the plots they've laid out. I hope they back off the psycho stick a bit.

Still plenty to like, just a lot to sift through.

Agreed.  I did forget that this was only 7 episodes.  It makes sense why things feel force fed but also is annoying because there has been so much fluffy filler b.s. that doesnt move the plot at all.  

Euron sucks so far.  I hope that changes quickly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, JiF said:

Agreed.  I did forget that this was only 7 episodes.  It makes sense why things feel force fed but also is annoying because there has been so much fluffy filler b.s. that doesnt move the plot at all.  

Euron sucks so far.  I hope that changes quickly. 

I don't want to derail the thread, but I wonder how much of the lame Grey Worm/Misande storyline is motivated by the fact that they're the only two black characters in the show. It's like when Melrose Place tried to include a black character and they were trying to find ways to incorporate her into the story but couldn't do it in a way that wasn't overtly racist, like when they tried the same thing on Happy Days by making him a basketball player at the high school with an abusive father.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I don't want to derail the thread, but I wonder how much of the lame Grey Worm/Misande storyline is motivated by the fact that they're the only two black characters in the show. It's like when Melrose Place tried to include a black character and they were trying to find ways to incorporate her into the story but couldn't do it in a way that wasn't overtly racist, like when they tried the same thing on Happy Days by making him a basketball player at the high school with an abusive father.

Never thought about it that way.  They did have the one black pirate that Davos convinced to fight for Stannis and then the Lord that tried to marry Dany...but they're all dead. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread has not made me want to watch Game of Thrones, or read Vanity Fair. 


It's a good/great show. Don't let our jaded pov deter you from watching it. We're Jet fans, after all. Jaded is in our dna.

That being said, VF is a truly life alteringly beautiful and well laid out publication. You're only half a human if you don't utilize its wisdom.
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, the Claw said:


Great line. One of the high points of the episode.

Hopefully things come into focus a little more next episode. The directors are just scattergunning right now. Getting as much as they can get tied up. That being said there's a lot of superfluous stuff in there right now. The Greyworm love scene was endearing at first, then seemed cheapened by it's gratuitousness and length. With the way this show depicts sex and love, it seemed an odd choice for two characters who truly love eachother. Can't knock nice boobs, but it seemed out of place and about two minutes too long.

The lords of the north must be sick of Jon Snow calling all those damn meetings. Just for him to tell them he's taking a trip.

I'm also worried about Euron. This sort of maniacal can be easily overdone, and I think it's going to be overdone. Ramsey was the perfect uber-villain because he fit in with this world. Euron doesn't seem to fit. He's come completely out of nowhere. A guy who fights like this, we should have heard tales of him. A couple of episodes last season sure didn't make him out to be some whirlwind of doom. The show doesn't need him as the new Neagan or Ramsey. I just want to know what happens in the plots they've laid out. I hope they back off the psycho stick a bit.

Still plenty to like, just a lot to sift through.

 

11 hours ago, JiF said:

So Euron happened to just stumble upon their fleet on the way to Drone and then somehow just sneaked up on their entire fleet without being seen in ships twice the size of ones they seized until they literally ran directly into the ship that was carrying everyone of importance?  

That was by far, bar none, the worst scene GoT has put together.  It was straight cartoon sh*t.  Jack Sparrow should have made an cameo.  Why not?  Ed Sheeran already did.

 

 

Apologies to RJF in advance, and I don't want to be a "book guy," but this is where I think the/any show can sometimes suffer. Novels in general, you have 1000 pages to devote a handful to Euron or various parts of the GOT universe so that when something like this happens, it doesn't feel as forced. That having been said, more episodes and a greater number of seasons could cure that as well. However, I just think it's easier in a novel, given a larger medium to work with, to discuss characters not currently in the picture, whereas it's difficult to spend a lot of time discussing characters in a show when they're off-screen. Would just feel awkward. 

 

As for the ships being surprised; I think part of it is the writers wanted you to assume that Yara's entire fleet was so cocky after the big war meeting that they didn't think something like this could happen, and Euron might be more powerful than just a blood-crazed pirate. A power that would allow his ships to sail quicker and harness a storm etc. Regardless, I think in general, if you stop looking at a show that is based on dragons and the undead so analytically, you won't get upset about the logistics of a giant battle like this, when the real story, just like True Detective, has always been about character development and the emotions they portray. Like how Yara felt betrayed when Theon/Reek dropped his sword and fled etc. and they look all three of them shared..  Just my thought. Still badass nevertheless. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Regardless, I think in general, if you stop looking at a show that is based on dragons and the undead so analytically, you won't get upset about the logistics of a giant battle like this, when the real story, just like True Detective, has always been about character development and the emotions they portray. Like how Yara felt betrayed when Theon/Reek dropped his sword and fled etc. and they look all three of them shared..  

Its also very easy to dismiss reek's behaviour when you've binged 60 hours worth of show in one summer. Anyone who watched the Reek/Ramsay storyline realtime and had a week in between episodes to process everything that was happening there would have a much greater appreciation for how great that scene was; specifically after Yara's attempted rescue and then Sansa's eventual emotional plea at Winterfell. And the only way you get to that scene is through that battle in the storm. 

I would know - I binged through season 3, and the past three seasons I've watched realtime. Now I'm reading theories and creating expectations weekly by episode;  taking time to understand the character developments that underlie what is shown on TV, instead of simply taking the show at face value and quickly moving on. Completely different beasts.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

 

 

Apologies to RJF in advance, and I don't want to be a "book guy," but this is where I think the/any show can sometimes suffer. Novels in general, you have 1000 pages to devote a handful to Euron or various parts of the GOT universe so that when something like this happens, it doesn't feel as forced. That having been said, more episodes and a greater number of seasons could cure that as well. However, I just think it's easier in a novel, given a larger medium to work with, to discuss characters not currently in the picture, whereas it's difficult to spend a lot of time discussing characters in a show when they're off-screen. Would just feel awkward. 

 

As for the ships being surprised; I think part of it is the writers wanted you to assume that Yara's entire fleet was so cocky after the big war meeting that they didn't think something like this could happen, and Euron might be more powerful than just a blood-crazed pirate. A power that would allow his ships to sail quicker and harness a storm etc. Regardless, I think in general, if you stop looking at a show that is based on dragons and the undead so analytically, you won't get upset about the logistics of a giant battle like this, when the real story, just like True Detective, has always been about character development and the emotions they portray. Like how Yara felt betrayed when Theon/Reek dropped his sword and fled etc. and they look all three of them shared..  Just my thought. Still badass nevertheless. 

These are good points.  I'm still obsessed with the show nonetheless but that particular scene was just a little head scratching.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Its also very easy to dismiss reek's behaviour when you've binged 60 hours worth of show in one summer. Anyone who watched the Reek/Ramsay storyline realtime and had a week in between episodes to process everything that was happening there would have a much greater appreciation for how great that scene was; specifically after Yara's attempted rescue and then Sansa's eventual emotional plea at Winterfell. And the only way you get to that scene is through that battle in the storm. 

I would know - I binged through season 3, and the past three seasons I've watched realtime. Now I'm reading theories and creating expectations weekly by episode;  taking time to understand the character developments that underlie what is shown on TV, instead of simply taking the show at face value and quickly moving on. Completely different beasts.

Agreed, as someone who has binged up to this season...just having the week to process and think about what's going has helped me not miss important details like I feel I did when I was bing watching it.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While the show is great, slowly but surely it's becoming real easy to be ambivalent about who makes it when all is said and done.  I feel like it's pretty much impossible for any death or douchebaggery to even be the slightest bit surprising anymore.  Theon's deal gained nothing more from me but an eyeroll and "yeah, that's something different".  For a huge hit of a show that has committed to so few remaining episodes, there sure has been a lot of wasted time so far this season, on characters that are the least interesting.

At this point I'm ready to be rooting for the end result of Queen Mormont, the rest of them can all burn (or freeze).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2017 at 8:22 PM, BroadwayJoe12 said:

 

 

Apologies to RJF in advance, and I don't want to be a "book guy," but this is where I think the/any show can sometimes suffer. Novels in general, you have 1000 pages to devote a handful to Euron or various parts of the GOT universe so that when something like this happens, it doesn't feel as forced. That having been said, more episodes and a greater number of seasons could cure that as well. However, I just think it's easier in a novel, given a larger medium to work with, to discuss characters not currently in the picture, whereas it's difficult to spend a lot of time discussing characters in a show when they're off-screen. Would just feel awkward. 

 

As for the ships being surprised; I think part of it is the writers wanted you to assume that Yara's entire fleet was so cocky after the big war meeting that they didn't think something like this could happen, and Euron might be more powerful than just a blood-crazed pirate. A power that would allow his ships to sail quicker and harness a storm etc. Regardless, I think in general, if you stop looking at a show that is based on dragons and the undead so analytically, you won't get upset about the logistics of a giant battle like this, when the real story, just like True Detective, has always been about character development and the emotions they portray. Like how Yara felt betrayed when Theon/Reek dropped his sword and fled etc. and they look all three of them shared..  Just my thought. Still badass nevertheless. 

Who reads. I mean really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're pretty much 0 for 3 on this season.  With the exception about 5-10 minutes this week, the vast majority of what has been shown isn't even noteworthy.  Kind of sad that for so few episodes left in the series, there is so much time filled with side characters no one ever cared about.  It's starting to look like the show's writers are drowning without the story being already written for them.  With what's clearly destined for no happy ending, if that is to have any real impact, it's not a particularly good idea to leave you indifferent to nearly everyone who's left.

I think there's no greater clue of these writers not understanding the story than the nonsense spewed from Daenerys throughout the episode.  The only thing repeated far too many times had nothing to do with her part in the prior 6 seasons, but rather what she was supposedly "due" to be handed, because of some psycho dad hated by everyone, 5 kings ago.  That's about as valid as committing to the greatness of the Jets' sh*tstorm of QBs.  Short of this being the beginning of the mad queen, these people have no idea what they're doing with that.

Now don't get me wrong, it's far from the worst on TV and I'll continue to watch, but this has been a disappointment across the board, and all of what we've seen could have been easily crammed into about the first 15 minutes of the season premiere with nothing being lost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Olenna was one of the last few characters that I cared about, even dying she owned the screen. I have to agree with BG; this is the last season of one of the greatest and most epic shows on television and these three episodes feel like ones you could have tossed into the middle of season two or three in terms of my level of interest. It feels that they're trying to cram two full seasons into a shortened one. I'm just not sure how they're going to have the battle of the Night King, revealing who Jon Targaryen is, have the battle of westeros etc. all in less than 5 remaining hours. I really hope it doesn't have Bran explain away half the show because they ran out of time. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Olenna was one of the last few characters that I cared about, even dying she owned the screen. I have to agree with BG; this is the last season of one of the greatest and most epic shows on television and these three episodes feel like ones you could have tossed into the middle of season two or three in terms of my level of interest. It feels that they're trying to cram two full seasons into a shortened one. I'm just not sure how they're going to have the battle of the Night King, revealing who Jon Targaryen is, have the battle of westeros etc. all in less than 5 remaining hours. I really hope it doesn't have Bran explain away half the show because they ran out of time. 

After this season... There is a season 8, with 6 episodes. So this isn't the last season. 

I agree tho that these writers are completely lost and are sh i t without source material

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

We're pretty much 0 for 3 on this season.  With the exception about 5-10 minutes this week, the vast majority of what has been shown isn't even noteworthy.  Kind of sad that for so few episodes left in the series, there is so much time filled with side characters no one ever cared about.  It's starting to look like the show's writers are drowning without the story being already written for them.  With what's clearly destined for no happy ending, if that is to have any real impact, it's not a particularly good idea to leave you indifferent to nearly everyone who's left.

I think there's no greater clue of these writers not understanding the story than the nonsense spewed from Daenerys throughout the episode.  The only thing repeated far too many times had nothing to do with her part in the prior 6 seasons, but rather what she was supposedly "due" to be handed, because of some psycho dad hated by everyone, 5 kings ago.  That's about as valid as committing to the greatness of the Jets' sh*tstorm of QBs.  Short of this being the beginning of the mad queen, these people have no idea what they're doing with that.

Now don't get me wrong, it's far from the worst on TV and I'll continue to watch, but this has been a disappointment across the board, and all of what we've seen could have been easily crammed into about the first 15 minutes of the season premiere with nothing being lost.

The whole season has just been a sh*t show of confusion and lack of direction.  Meaningless scenes, meaningless conversations, things not adding up - I'm not sure if it's just run it's course and they're experiencing the fatigue a lot of show experience when they run this long or if it's like you mentioned, the lack of clarity to how the story ends making it hard to build toward an actual ending.   Like you said, it hasnt turned to pure sh*t.  I'm still intrigued but this season is just leaving a lot to be desired.  

At this point, not having a single scene with Arya the entire episode is just doing a disservice to your viewers.  She's by far the best character on the show and she's currently cruising around the North solo but they felt no need to update us on her journey?  Bizarre.

Bran the next most intriguing character has apparently become a numb emotionless a$$hole and we dont know why.  Zero context to that other than he's now the 3-Eyed Raven. But that's what you give your viewers for the home coming of the true to heir to the throne of Winterfell and King of the North?  WTF? A few sentences and of all things to let Sansa know he has the vision, he describes the night she was rapped on her 2nd wedding day?  Sure, Sansa will get the point but when did he become this cold blooded heartless a$$hole and that's how you say hello to your sister who has basically gone through hell and back, which you should know since you have the vision.  And then what about John?  If he has the ability to see the future, shouldnt he know John is the King of the North?  Maybe he should have had some urgency around letting John know he's the most powerful person is all of Westeros instead of going on a journey to visit a family who has a passion for killing Starks?  Or maybe letting him know the truth about his father?  

The most anticipated meeting probably in the entire show was the definition of anti-climatic.  We get a boring dick measuring contest, we get Snow refusing to bend the knee and then we get - it's all good, go get you some dragonglass, Snow.  Really?  That's it?  You just learned you're armada was decimated by a bumbling idiot who is an awful character in Euron and you dont try to form an alliance?  Just, go get some dragonglass?  Nothing more?   I already hated Dany because she cant act and has the stupid annoying look on her face all the time but they clearly have no clue what to do with her story Arch.  This back and forth between morality and having what she thinks she deserves is getting very old.  

And what was the purpose of the Vary's and the Red Bitch's conversation?  And how many times do I have to hear Little Finger say the same thing, just a different way?

The only thing remotely entertaining was watching the Lannister army outsmarting Tyrion while he narrated the scene.  And the Olenna death scene because she was the sh*t. Though, I felt they went a little soft there for GoT but I did enjoy that scene because she was just such a great character.

Euron is terrible.  Boy did they **** that up.  

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Hitman Harris said:

After this season... There is a season 8, with 6 episodes. So this isn't the last season. 

I agree tho that these writers are completely lost and are sh i t without source material

Damn, had no idea. That's a bit of a relief, I was operating under the assumption that this was the last season for whatever reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JiF said:

The whole season has just been a sh*t show of confusion and lack of direction.  Meaningless scenes, meaningless conversations, things not adding up - I'm not sure if it's just run it's course and they're experiencing the fatigue a lot of show experience when they run this long or if it's like you mentioned, the lack of clarity to how the story ends making it hard to build toward an actual ending.   Like you said, it hasnt turned to pure sh*t.  I'm still intrigued but this season is just leaving a lot to be desired.  

At this point, not having a single scene with Arya the entire episode is just doing a disservice to your viewers.  She's by far the best character on the show and she's currently cruising around the North solo but they felt no need to update us on her journey?  Bizarre.

Bran the next most intriguing character has apparently become a numb emotionless a$$hole and we dont know why.  Zero context to that other than he's now the 3-Eyed Raven. But that's what you give your viewers for the home coming of the true to heir to the throne of Winterfell and King of the North?  WTF? A few sentences and of all things to let Sansa know he has the vision, he describes the night she was rapped on her 2nd wedding day?  Sure, Sansa will get the point but when did he become this cold blooded heartless a$$hole and that's how you say hello to your sister who has basically gone through hell and back, which you should know since you have the vision.  And then what about John?  If he has the ability to see the future, shouldnt he know John is the King of the North?  Maybe he should have had some urgency around letting John know he's the most powerful person is all of Westeros instead of going on a journey to visit a family who has a passion for killing Starks?  Or maybe letting him know the truth about his father?  

The most anticipated meeting probably in the entire show was the definition of anti-climatic.  We get a boring dick measuring contest, we get Snow refusing to bend the knee and then we get - it's all good, go get you some dragonglass, Snow.  Really?  That's it?  You just learned you're armada was decimated by a bumbling idiot who is an awful character in Euron and you dont try to form an alliance?  Just, go get some dragonglass?  Nothing more?   I already hated Dany because she cant act and has the stupid annoying look on her face all the time but they clearly have no clue what to do with her story Arch.  This back and forth between morality and having what she thinks she deserves is getting very old.  

And what was the purpose of the Vary's and the Red Bitch's conversation?  And how many times do I have to hear Little Finger say the same thing, just a different way?

The only thing remotely entertaining was watching the Lannister army outsmarting Tyrion while he narrated the scene.  And the Olenna death scene because she was the sh*t. Though, I felt they went a little soft there for GoT but I did enjoy that scene because she was just such a great character.

Euron is terrible.  Boy did they **** that up. 

Yeah, really agree with all of this and you definitely brought up a few good points I hadn't even thought of.  Little Finger has got tiresome and basically has no reason for anyone to trust him at all, but he keeps sticking around with his nonsense, well... just because.

Euron is completely eye-rolling, made only worse by the fact that coming into this season, they had trying so hard to hype up how he'd supposedly be the worst enemy yet, which is further proof that they really don't even get how the story all comes together when left to write it all themselves.  With where this show is at, I didn't understand what they would do with him now when they were just talking about it, and I still don't get the point 3 episodes later.  Oh look, he acts like a jerk and is a bit nuts, whoop-dee-friggin-doo.  Ramsay would have cut his dick off and made him choke on it by now.  It seems like nothing more than a desperate attempt to have some sort of foe for Jaime, while also trying to put more focus onto some side characters that have gained the least interest.

While there's still plenty of time left for this season to pick back up, it just seems so strange to be using up multiple episodes on this kind of crap when there is still plenty left that will need to be finished, with not many episodes to do it in.  If they suddenly are rushing things through at the end of the series to cover everything after this, it's not going to go over well at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

Yeah, really agree with all of this and you definitely brought up a few good points I hadn't even thought of.  Little Finger has got tiresome and basically has no reason for anyone to trust him at all, but he keeps sticking around with his nonsense, well... just because.

Euron is completely eye-rolling, made only worse by the fact that coming into this season, they had trying so hard to hype up how he'd supposedly be the worst enemy yet, which is further proof that they really don't even get how the story all comes together when left to write it all themselves.  With where this show is at, I didn't understand what they would do with him now when they were just talking about it, and I still don't get the point 3 episodes later.  Oh look, he acts like a jerk and is a bit nuts, whoop-dee-friggin-doo.  Ramsay would have cut his dick off and made him choke on it by now.  It seems like nothing more than a desperate attempt to have some sort of foe for Jaime, while also trying to put more focus onto some side characters that have gained the least interest.

While there's still plenty of time left for this season to pick back up, it just seems so strange to be using up multiple episodes on this kind of crap when there is still plenty left that will need to be finished, with not many episodes to do it in.  If they suddenly are rushing things through at the end of the series to cover everything after this, it's not going to go over well at all.

I have to assume, Little Finger goes down by Arya.  I just have this feeling, that he tries to make a move on Sansa somehow when Jon is away and Arya returns, knowing that Little Finger betrayed Ned and she's going kill him.  There is no way, with how untrustworthy he is, that he keeps sticking around.  I know he has the army of the vale, but Sansa knows he threw the Queen out of the Moon Hole or whatever so that should be easy to push aside.

Euron is terrible.  So terrible.  They're little doing the, LOOK AT ME, I'M CRAZY, act with him.  Cant believe they stooped to that and yes, the hype was stupid.

Like I said before, they've still got me.  I'm just hoping the next 4 episodes are just crammed or not and leaving next season as a crash course of how Westeros was won. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Yeah, really agree with all of this and you definitely brought up a few good points I hadn't even thought of.  Little Finger has got tiresome and basically has no reason for anyone to trust him at all, but he keeps sticking around with his nonsense, well... just because.

Euron is completely eye-rolling, made only worse by the fact that coming into this season, they had trying so hard to hype up how he'd supposedly be the worst enemy yet, which is further proof that they really don't even get how the story all comes together when left to write it all themselves.  With where this show is at, I didn't understand what they would do with him now when they were just talking about it, and I still don't get the point 3 episodes later.  Oh look, he acts like a jerk and is a bit nuts, whoop-dee-friggin-doo.  Ramsay would have cut his dick off and made him choke on it by now.  It seems like nothing more than a desperate attempt to have some sort of foe for Jaime, while also trying to put more focus onto some side characters that have gained the least interest.

While there's still plenty of time left for this season to pick back up, it just seems so strange to be using up multiple episodes on this kind of crap when there is still plenty left that will need to be finished, with not many episodes to do it in.  If they suddenly are rushing things through at the end of the series to cover everything after this, it's not going to go over well at all.

At a loss how Euron goes from his cousins stealing an entire fleet to  suddenly having hundreds of ships.

And if Bran is at Winterfell, have him send a raven to Jon and tell him all about his birth.  

Somebody kill Littlefinger and be done with it. He offers nothing in the story, a sideshow, nobody would trust him with a coffee order. 

Mellisandre, same thing. Oh, you had a king burn his daughter to death and accomplished nothing but confirming he was a complete dipsheet,  sorry, not interested in your input. 

Still will be watching; remains the best thing on TV. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GoT has always been mostly filler episodes designed to set up some crazy battle or plot twist in episodes 3 and 9. In this compressed season, I'd imagine they're just going to dump the Big Episode on us at the end, then gear up for a wild final season. I'd imagine we'll get dragons flying into King's Landing in a few weeks, then a prolonged scene of the Wildling Army getting mowed by walkers to close the season, then next season showing the New Order going to war with the walkers. 

 

The problem with this season is that it feels like the CliffNotes version of GoT. They just took out Highgarden and Casterly Rock using basic stock footage, and spent the rest of the time hitting us over the head with Youngs vs Olds vs Literally Creeping Mortality. There's a very conscious effort to make Cersei, Jaimie, and Tyrion appear older, and 90% of the dialogue concerns the treachery of parents contrasted with the enlightened, emo views of their kids. Meh.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, JiF said:

The whole season has just been a sh*t show of confusion and lack of direction.  Meaningless scenes, meaningless conversations, things not adding up - I'm not sure if it's just run it's course and they're experiencing the fatigue a lot of show experience when they run this long or if it's like you mentioned, the lack of clarity to how the story ends making it hard to build toward an actual ending.   Like you said, it hasnt turned to pure sh*t.  I'm still intrigued but this season is just leaving a lot to be desired.  

At this point, not having a single scene with Arya the entire episode is just doing a disservice to your viewers.  She's by far the best character on the show and she's currently cruising around the North solo but they felt no need to update us on her journey?  Bizarre.

Bran the next most intriguing character has apparently become a numb emotionless a$$hole and we dont know why.  Zero context to that other than he's now the 3-Eyed Raven. But that's what you give your viewers for the home coming of the true to heir to the throne of Winterfell and King of the North?  WTF? A few sentences and of all things to let Sansa know he has the vision, he describes the night she was rapped on her 2nd wedding day?  Sure, Sansa will get the point but when did he become this cold blooded heartless a$$hole and that's how you say hello to your sister who has basically gone through hell and back, which you should know since you have the vision.  And then what about John?  If he has the ability to see the future, shouldnt he know John is the King of the North?  Maybe he should have had some urgency around letting John know he's the most powerful person is all of Westeros instead of going on a journey to visit a family who has a passion for killing Starks?  Or maybe letting him know the truth about his father?  

The most anticipated meeting probably in the entire show was the definition of anti-climatic.  We get a boring dick measuring contest, we get Snow refusing to bend the knee and then we get - it's all good, go get you some dragonglass, Snow.  Really?  That's it?  You just learned you're armada was decimated by a bumbling idiot who is an awful character in Euron and you dont try to form an alliance?  Just, go get some dragonglass?  Nothing more?   I already hated Dany because she cant act and has the stupid annoying look on her face all the time but they clearly have no clue what to do with her story Arch.  This back and forth between morality and having what she thinks she deserves is getting very old.  

And what was the purpose of the Vary's and the Red Bitch's conversation?  And how many times do I have to hear Little Finger say the same thing, just a different way?

The only thing remotely entertaining was watching the Lannister army outsmarting Tyrion while he narrated the scene.  And the Olenna death scene because she was the sh*t. Though, I felt they went a little soft there for GoT but I did enjoy that scene because she was just such a great character.

Euron is terrible.  Boy did they **** that up.  

 

 

This weeks episode left out both Arya and The Hound, but we did get to see Bronn again for the first time in a while. He was just riding a horse alongside the Lannister army. I thought that was interesting, because he can flip sides if Tyrion can coax him. I don't like how Breann has fallen to the background - but with such a litany of good characters, with too many open storylines it was obvious they have traffic jams. Sam, the fat guy who likes books and knowledge, seems to be forming into an integral piece. Jorah is back. I like that.

I think the most frustrating part of this show is that there are great storylines all over - and great individual character performances - but we get subjected to 20 minute time-filler scenes that don't mean sh*t in the grand scheme of things. Like Cersei taking all that time to describe her revenge on the sand snakes... um, we already know Cersei is a crazy bitch. Why give it that much time to play out. Get to the parts of the story/characters we don't know about already. Case in point, the Red Witch hints at knowing something about Varys which shakes him to his core during their convo... what? What was it? Expand on it.

Snow meets Dragon sucked. Davos saved that whole series of scenes. That guy is great in his role. 

Olenna was great - and man has Jamie Lannister turned into a giant puss. 

Bran's whole presence in the show introduces a plethora of plot holes. I think that's why they make him say things like "I need to learn to see better". Lazy writing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, JiF said:

I have to assume, Little Finger goes down by Arya.  I just have this feeling, that he tries to make a move on Sansa somehow when Jon is away and Arya returns, knowing that Little Finger betrayed Ned and she's going kill him.  There is no way, with how untrustworthy he is, that he keeps sticking around.  I know he has the army of the vale, but Sansa knows he threw the Queen out of the Moon Hole or whatever so that should be easy to push aside.

Euron is terrible.  So terrible.  They're little doing the, LOOK AT ME, I'M CRAZY, act with him.  Cant believe they stooped to that and yes, the hype was stupid.

Like I said before, they've still got me.  I'm just hoping the next 4 episodes are just crammed or not and leaving next season as a crash course of how Westeros was won. 

 

 

Euron is like one of the Suicide Squad, in behavior and how poorly he's acting the role.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This weeks episode left out both Arya and The Hound, but we did get to see Bronn again for the first time in a while. He was just riding a horse alongside the Lannister army. I thought that was interesting, because he can flip sides if Tyrion can coax him. I don't like how Breann has fallen to the background - but with such a litany of good characters, with too many open storylines it was obvious they have traffic jams. Sam, the fat guy who likes books and knowledge, seems to be forming into an integral piece. Jorah is back. I like that.

I think the most frustrating part of this show is that there are great storylines all over - and great individual character performances - but we get subjected to 20 minute time-filler scenes that don't mean sh*t in the grand scheme of things. Like Cersei taking all that time to describe her revenge on the sand snakes... um, we already know Cersei is a crazy bitch. Why give it that much time to play out. Get to the parts of the story/characters we don't know about already. Case in point, the Red Witch hints at knowing something about Varys which shakes him to his core during their convo... what? What was it? Expand on it.

Snow meets Dragon sucked. Davos saved that whole series of scenes. That guy is great in his role. 

Olenna was great - and man has Jamie Lannister turned into a giant puss. 

Bran's whole presence in the show introduces a plethora of plot holes. I think that's why they make him say things like "I need to learn to see better". Lazy writing.

Yep.  Forgot about the Hound. Suddenly he can read the future through fire and we havent seen him again.

I did like seeing Bron because he's awesome.  That was cool.  I wonder if he would flip sides, the Lannisters have given him a castle, gold and he's a lord now.  That would be some serious betrayal for this buddy who the last time he saw him he said something along the lines of "yeah, we're friends but when was the last time you risked your life for me?".  

I dont agree the best storylines are over simply because I think the best storylines have been Arya and Bran.  That said, those last 2 seasons were so freaking good and they killed off so many great characters that I that might be playing a part into the focus on lesser characters and the beating of the dead horse that, Cersi is a psycho, Jamie has a conscience Littlefinger cant be trusted, Euron is wild and crazy, etc. 

Davos is great.  His reaction to the Dany intro - "this is....Jon Snow" was classic.  I lol'd.

Bran's story is one of the best and they could do so much with it but yes, his character absolutely introduces all sorts of holes and questions/theories and head scratching thoughts about why isnt he doing more. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

GoT has always been mostly filler episodes designed to set up some crazy battle or plot twist in episodes 3 and 9. In this compressed season, I'd imagine they're just going to dump the Big Episode on us at the end, then gear up for a wild final season. I'd imagine we'll get dragons flying into King's Landing in a few weeks, then a prolonged scene of the Wildling Army getting mowed by walkers to close the season, then next season showing the New Order going to war with the walkers. 

 

The problem with this season is that it feels like the CliffNotes version of GoT. They just took out Highgarden and Casterly Rock using basic stock footage, and spent the rest of the time hitting us over the head with Youngs vs Olds vs Literally Creeping Mortality. There's a very conscious effort to make Cersei, Jaimie, and Tyrion appear older, and 90% of the dialogue concerns the treachery of parents contrasted with the enlightened, emo views of their kids. Meh.

This is actually true.   There have been so many epic moments and shows and the last 2 season were sooo damn good, you forget there are a ton of slow dialogue build up scenes and now looking back, it happened with a ton of characters who are gone and at this point, were just filler into the greater story being told.  Which is fine, there is freaking 8 seasons of this show.  I think the major problem with the first 3 of this season is that the BIG moments outside of Arya acting as Frey, sucked.  The battle scene between the Greyjoys was terrible.  While I thought from a stylistic perspective that the failed planning of Tyrion was well done, it didnt hold any weight compared to the other epic battle scenes you've grown accustomed to.  And then the 2 epic meetings (Snow and Dany, the Stark reunion) werent so epic.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yep.  Forgot about the Hound. Suddenly he can read the future through fire and we havent seen him again.

I did like seeing Bron because he's awesome.  That was cool.  I wonder if he would flip sides, the Lannisters have given him a castle, gold and he's a lord now.  That would be some serious betrayal for this buddy who the last time he saw him he said something along the lines of "yeah, we're friends but when was the last time you risked your life for me?".  

I dont agree the best storylines are over simply because I think the best storylines have been Arya and Bran.  That said, those last 2 seasons were so freaking good and they killed off so many great characters that I that might be playing a part into the focus on lesser characters and the beating of the dead horse that, Cersi is a psycho, Jamie has a conscience Littlefinger cant be trusted, Euron is wild and crazy, etc. 

Davos is great.  His reaction to the Dany intro - "this is....Jon Snow" was classic.  I lol'd.

Bran's story is one of the best and they could do so much with it but yes, his character absolutely introduces all sorts of holes and questions/theories and head scratching thoughts about why isnt he doing more. 

 

Would seem he could advance the narrative dramatically, and yet they don't seem to want to do that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IDK, i think a lot has been accomplished thus far this season.  Sides are lining up for the showdown all the while, the larger enemy looms.  That would be my only criticism, wtf are the white walkers doing all of these months?  Seems like they are waiting for the other side of the wall to get their sh*t together.  If they are waiting for the long winter, it is already snowing in the north so they could at least decimate that part of the 7 kingdoms.

Cercie has 3 kingdoms(including her own) now aligned with her while Khalessi has 2 (including her own). To me the rest are undecided and to me that is the "story".  Who will sit atop the iron throne.  Everything else is prologue to that.  Characters push toward that end. If you are tired of littlefinger, sh*t.... he is just biding his time imo.  there are 2 wars coming, no reason to reach to push an agenda now when things could be upside down in a short while.  Even if he somehow was able to court the stark girl and unify the north and aerie as king of those 2 realms, he still needs to conquer cersie and slay the whitewalkers while remaining in power.  better to let others handle that, save his strength for the big prize.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...