La'el Collins may not go drafted

JETSfaninNE

Schefter on Mike & Mike said there are multiple teams who believe La'El Collins won't be drafted.

Interesting. I wonder if there is more going on behind the scenes with his girlfriend (ex-gf?) then was first lead to believe??

Maybe we can get away with him dropping into the 7th and taking him with one of our picks.  (Obviously as long as he isn't in a position to possibly go to jail)

I thought he wasn't a suspect and they just wanted info to help w/the investigation?

Unless Schefter knows something bad that we don't, then he is doing a terrible disservice to the kid.  

cops always say that before they get u in a room and talk to u,,

think how 'interested ' they must be to tell him to give up most important nite of his life (in green room in chicago for draft) and fly back ASAP so they 'can talk'.. if they didnt think he did it or planned it they would have said 'stay for your once in lifetime nite' and come back for interview Friday morning..

cops always say that before they get u in a room and talk to u,,

think how 'interested ' they must be to tell him to give up most important nite of his life (in green room in chicago for draft) and fly back ASAP so they 'can talk'.. if they didnt think he did it or planned it they would have said 'stay for your once in lifetime nite' and come back for interview Friday morning..

There were reports that cops told the NFL Network they were interested in a paternity test.  Schefter reported that is what teams were interested in. They supposedly hadn't been in contact for 7 months or so.  Really have to hope this is not a Rae Carruth situation.  He may not be a suspect in the actual shooting while still being a "suspect."   His agent is supposedly petitioning the league to pull him from the draft which would let him go in the supplemental, presumably after he is cleared. 

Given the league's image problem on womens' issues, plus the whole Aaron Hernandez serial killer thing, there's not a GM out there crazy enough to put his team in the position that drafting Collins would put them in.  It may all turn out to be a very unfortunate coincidence, and hopefully it is, but with the current social climate the NFL finds itself in, I don't think a team can risk it.

He wants to enter the supplemental draft instead. This is ridiculous. The cops cleared the guy, you're perfectly safe to pick him. Maybe not in the 1st round, but if you pass on him after round 2 you're completely stupid. There's no risk. I mean you might waste a pick, but nobody can blame you if you do take that risk, in case he gets arrested, which is a longshot. At the time the cops gave him a pass, he was NOT a suspect. That's where your responsibility ends. You can't worry about what might happen further down the road. I'd absolutely pick the guy in round 2.

He wants to enter the supplemental draft instead. This is ridiculous. The cops cleared the guy, you're perfectly safe to pick him. Maybe not in the 1st round, but if you pass on him after round 2 you're completely stupid. There's no risk. I mean you might waste a pick, but nobody can blame you if you do take that risk, in case he gets arrested, which is a longshot. At the time the cops gave him a pass, he was NOT a suspect. That's where your responsibility ends. You can't worry about what might happen further down the road. I'd absolutely pick the guy in round 2.

are you allowed to switch to the supplemental draft?  

how high were people ranking him?  pretty big fall from a first rounder to not getting drafted at all.  someone will pick him up and probably  in the 3rd round

how high were people ranking him?  pretty big fall from a first rounder to not getting drafted at all.  someone will pick him up and probably  in the 3rd round

I'm not sure if it's legal or not but the NFL just rejected it. So he will be draft eligible today. I think he ruined his chances of being drafted soon with his attempt to drop out of the draft. He's basically saying he doesn't expect anybody to draft him.

He was supposed to go in the 1st round, possibly a top 10-15 pick. Mayock had him as his highest rated O-Lineman.

He was never going to be allowed to do that, he's a senior so he's automatically in the draft.  

I would take a shot at him in round 4 if he is still there, His agent requested that he be exempt from the draft and put into the supplemental draft but the request was declined. I have a feeling he is innocent and if he is he would be a steal in round 4 worth the risk in my opinion.

Great move by the agent.

Got his client some credibility back before the draft. Whether it works or not we will find out today OR in the next few days. But he must have known before asking that he was not going to be granted that withdrawal from draft AND it will make a few teams think hey the guy must be really innocent otherwise why would the agent want to pull him out so he comes back in a supplemental draft another day.

Funny people saying scoop him up cheap when many here retroactively criticizing the pats for picking up a troubled tight end with first round talent that dropped to the 4th. There is even more concern with collins than there ever was with hernandez at the time.

Archived