Why a 4th round trade to Tampa makes sense for both sides.

bealeb319

The Jets need to add a competitive QB to the roster and I don't believe Petty or Hundley are the right guys, We could instead of drafting them in round 4 (or hoping they last till round 5) offer the Bucs a 4th for Glennon and let them take a swing on a QB later in the draft. The reason I think they might be willing to pull the trigger is because one of Winstons favorite college targets is still on the board, yes they already have a talent filled WR position however their WRs are big size and big play type of guys and they lack a good slot receiver. Rashad Greene likely wont make it out of round 4 but it could be tempting to the Bucs to fill a position with a player who already has chemistry with the new face of your franchise and it could be well worth our fourth round pick if we could land Glennon who is now definitely the backup in Tampa Bay.

Thoughts?

I just think he would be a better option than any of these rookies for us right now, He is obtainable unlike the dreamers who believe we can get Rivers or Brees and it would be good value for a 4th rounder. Tampa also might be interested so it could be win-win.

The Jets need to add a competitive QB to the roster and I don't believe Petty or Hundley are the right guys, We could instead of drafting them in round 4 (or hoping they last till round 5) offer the Bucs a 4th for Glennon and let them take a swing on a QB later in the draft. The reason I think they might be willing to pull the trigger is because one of Winstons favorite college targets is still on the board, yes they already have a talent filled WR position however their WRs are big size and big play type of guys and they lack a good slot receiver. Rashad Greene likely wont make it out of round 4 but it could be tempting to the Bucs to fill a position with a player who already has chemistry with the new face of your franchise and it could be well worth our fourth round pick if we could land Glennon who is now definitely the backup in Tampa Bay.

Thoughts?

The trade makes sense.  I think Greene is going to be a solid slot WR.  

Interesting thought.

petty and hundley had pretty rough scouting reports

both guys can't deal unless the #1 guy is wide open.

petty holds onto the ball, hundley tucks it and runs

the jets said they want to add a 4th QB, so it may happen, but neither guy does a lot for me

petty and hundley had pretty rough scouting reports

both guys can't deal unless the #1 guy is wide open.

petty holds onto the ball, hundley tucks it and runs

the jets said they want to add a 4th QB, so it may happen, but neither guy does a lot for me

Where did you here that from?  That offense requires him to get the ball out in a hurry.  Its a one read offense, get the ball out super fast.  Did you ever watch them?  It was really fun actually. Fast as hell and the ball doesnt stay in hands for more than a split second after the snap, or so it seems.  He's got a fast release, probably the best pure thrower.  

His knock is that system.  No leading a huddle experience, no taking it from center experience, doesnt call plays or audibles, one read offense...huge adjustment coming into the NFL. 

I just think he would be a better option than any of these rookies for us right now, He is obtainable unlike the dreamers who believe we can get Rivers or Brees and it would be good value for a 4th rounder. Tampa also might be interested so it could be win-win.

He is not a fit on any level for the offense Gailey is installing. Glennon needs a pocket oriented, play action offense, not a spread. Brett Hundley could very well be picked today. He is a good fit for what we run. He is also pretty good value at our 4, so if we don't go OL there he could be the pick.

He is not a fit on any level for the offense Gailey is installing. Glennon needs a pocket oriented, play action offense, not a spread. Brett Hundley could very well be picked today. He is a good fit for what we run. He is also pretty good value at our 4, so if we don't go OL there he could be the pick.

I was thinking Hundley too

What is the obsession with Glennon?  He's not good enough to warrant the near endless discussion about him.

We've already got two mediocre (at best) QBs on the roster.  We don't need to add another JAG to the QB room just so we can say we have options other than Geno.

Mike Glennon. Hahahaha. The guy pops up in every thread. Hysterical.

You're wrong! Totally. Its not the guy that pops up in threads. Its the Threads that pop up because of him.

The smart QB move is for Cook -- next year.  I have no problem with getting Glennon on the cheap.  He is better that the garbage bag of QB's available in this draft.  But, I am not expecting miracles from him.

The smart QB move is for Cook -- next year. I have no problem with getting Glennon on the cheap. He is better that the garbage bag of QB's available in this draft. But, I am not expecting miracles from him.

I doubt we'll be picking 1st next season it will be either eagles or 49ers.

Cue two dozen lame posts by Tx calling me a foolish optimist jet fan

I doubt we'll be picking 1st next season it will be either eagles or 49ers.

Cue two dozen lame posts by Tx calling me a foolish optimist jet fan

No way they are picking first, but moving up for a talent like Cook is not out of the question.  Unlikely that Petty is the answer -- more of a developmental back-up.

Geno has a higher completion percentage and Glennon's QB rating is only marginally higher than Geno's from last year, even with better weapons to throw to.  Both averaged about an INT a game in 2014.  

Sorry, but the stats aren't "much better" than Geno's.

Archived