NFL.com Grades Jets Draft *MUST SEE*

jgb

I am not as stoked as others on this draft(pick 2/3 and the trade down were not ideal for me) however I will say it is light years better than izadick's drafts-if the QB pick works out down the road which I feel it can then it can be a monster draft when it is all said and done

what has impressed me is his non draft moves-revis, cro and revamped secondary, bmarsh and zac/ridley-some very good talent there

I am not as stoked as others on this draft(pick 2/3 and the trade down were not ideal for me) however I will say it is light years better than izadick's drafts-if the QB pick works out down the road which I feel it can then it can be a monster draft when it is all said and done

what has impressed me is his non draft moves-revis, cro and revamped secondary, bmarsh and zac/ridley-some very good talent there

The biggest thing right now compared to last year's Jets from Top Executives down to player personnel is there are professional oriented adults in position of leadership, and younger players who are future leaders, who will hold others, and themselves accountable, work hard, and push each other. And this will also help with the few players who are in that room that might need to be pushed to grow up, and mature notably Coples, and the 5th round draft pick from Texas AM forget his name, guys like that can actually reach their potential when placed in the proper environment, and if they don't they will not last long with this team as long as the leaders don't change at the top.

A complete 180 from last season. I loved Rex as a HC, but I also realized he did not grow up, and the organization needed a change, and Idzik was clown shoes from the beginning.

KIPER:

Jets: A- (best rating he gave)

Top needs: QB, OLB, OL, RB

The new leadership in the Jets front office had a great draft. Forget about need, when you get the best overall player in the draft (at least on my board) at No. 6 overall, you've done really well on value. I just don't think it's possible to have too many good defensive lineman, so I wouldn't exactly call it a "glut" to have Williams in there with Muhammad Wilkerson and Sheldon Richardson. In fact, you don't need a big imagination to have them all on the field at the same time. I know some fans might have wanted Kevin White at No. 6, but the Jets added a big-play threat at WR in Round 2 with Devin Smith. There are route concepts I just haven't seen from Smith, but that's mostly a product of the Ohio State offense, and he can really stretch you on defense. Good get. The Jets maneuvered well in moving down in a deal with Houston to add some picks, and they were then able to move back up later to secure Bryce Petty, who has ability but will need time to develop because there are so many NFL concepts that are foreign to him. Still, good value to get a No. 4 QB down at 103 overall. Lorenzo Mauldin has good length but doesn't scare you as an edge rusher -- he's a high-character kid and could help them as he develops. I agree with McShay that Jarvis Harrison can be a really good NFL guard if he gets after it a bit more, so you like the value in Round 5. Late in the draft, the Jets got good value at running back by flipping a late pick for Zac Stacy. I wanted them to nab a tackle, but it was a good overall draft for the Jets, adding value and in swinging deals, with Williams a fabulous value at the top. And remember: I factor Brandon Marshall into this draft.

Senility has advanced..getting close to altheimers mon

Predicted Revis trade well before it happened, even while jet fans mocked it

Predicted 4 yrs of hell, nailed it, actually 5 yrs hell of hell if rexey and iddy still in charge

Glade was in your office for 1 reason only mon and it wasnt me.  

In Tanny we trust and no one Blew Iddy more than you, if it was up to you he still would be here lmao

Senility has advanced..getting close to altheimers mon

Predicted Revis trade well before it happened, even while jet fans mocked it

Predicted 4 yrs of hell, nailed it, actually 5 yrs hell of hell if rexey and iddy still in charge

Glade was in your office for 1 reason only mon and it wasnt me.  

In Tanny we trust and no one Blew Iddy more than you, if it was up to you he still would be here lmao

Oh come on Toots Nicklaus (your nickname, glade was for you, LOL), u know it was 4 years of Pats dont make playoffs, laughable but so what, u were wrong..its OK, u were wrong,,I'm wrong alot , a whole lot.. but bottom line, sadly u have been talking w/mean language,,  Remember, u dont have to be mean.. 

u r a jet fan, not a packer fan, u painted yourself in corner, we forgive u :)

DM me, I miss talking to ya, I hold no grudges, and hope you/family doing great and havent had any tragedies...

u do know quite a bit and have good instincts, just take the Jet losesses too close to heart.. its menaingless when compared to lifes sad twist sand turns as I have seen

I am wrong a lot, just dont be  mean about it with idiot statements etc. 

But my Mom died of Alzheimers, so kind of not funny.. I realize u didnt know..

DM me, put this to an end.. No need for mean-ness..FYI: same can of Glade on shelf..

DM me,,seriously, I will send u my # at work,,its the same, never changed..like me, LOL

Well there's this from Bleacher report..  LOL

I can assume this slide will create a solid amount of controversy in the comments below. 

Look, I'm a huge fan of first-round selection Leonard Williams, a defensive tackle from USC. I'm just not a big fan of that selection for the New York Jets who already had a couple of the best young 3-4 defensive ends in the league in Muhammad Wilkerson and Sheldon Richardson. 

Now, yes, new head coach Todd Bowles is much more willing to use hybrid fronts than his predecessor Rex Ryan was, but Williams is still duplicative of what they had on the roster in a draft with so many needs.

Normally, I would be happy when a team eschews needs for a top player, but this pick has to come with a concern that a top pick in the draft either isn't seeing the field enough in Year 1 or he's pushing out a supremely talented player when the Jets would've been well served either trading the pick or taking any number of the picks that went right after—wide receiver Kevin White, pass-rusher Vic Beasley or even running back Todd Gurley.

My biggest worry is that Williams isn't as much of a pass-rusher as the team likely will need him to be for this pick to pan out. Sam Monson of Pro Football Focus has written extensively on this, noting that although his production numbers looked good in college, he's much further along as a run stopper. 

It isn't just Williams. The Jets also overdrafted Ohio State wide receiver Devin Smith, Louisville linebacker Lorenzo Mauldin (who wasn't even the best pass-rusher on his defense in this class) and Baylor quarterback Bryce Petty, who has one of the steepest hills to climb as an older quarterback with a weak arm coming out of one of the most simplistic offenses in college football. 

Lol, there's gotta be someone that has to pick the other side.  

I have the BR app (actually somewhat decent), and their resident draft guy (Miller) loved the Jets draft, with both Smith and Williams, so I'm guessing this guy is just going to other way for page clicks.  

KIPER:

Jets: A- (best rating he gave)

Top needs: QB, OLB, OL, RB

The new leadership in the Jets front office had a great draft. Forget about need, when you get the best overall player in the draft (at least on my board) at No. 6 overall, you've done really well on value. I just don't think it's possible to have too many good defensive lineman, so I wouldn't exactly call it a "glut" to have Williams in there with Muhammad Wilkerson and Sheldon Richardson. In fact, you don't need a big imagination to have them all on the field at the same time. I know some fans might have wanted Kevin White at No. 6, but the Jets added a big-play threat at WR in Round 2 with Devin Smith. There are route concepts I just haven't seen from Smith, but that's mostly a product of the Ohio State offense, and he can really stretch you on defense. Good get. The Jets maneuvered well in moving down in a deal with Houston to add some picks, and they were then able to move back up later to secure Bryce Petty, who has ability but will need time to develop because there are so many NFL concepts that are foreign to him. Still, good value to get a No. 4 QB down at 103 overall. Lorenzo Mauldin has good length but doesn't scare you as an edge rusher -- he's a high-character kid and could help them as he develops. I agree with McShay that Jarvis Harrison can be a really good NFL guard if he gets after it a bit more, so you like the value in Round 5. Late in the draft, the Jets got good value at running back by flipping a late pick for Zac Stacy. I wanted them to nab a tackle, but it was a good overall draft for the Jets, adding value and in swinging deals, with Williams a fabulous value at the top. And remember: I factor Brandon Marshall into this draft.

-GIF-nod-approval-William-Shatner-James-

Bottom line: Top-heavy draft group adds to a talented roster assembled very quickly by new GM Mike Maccagnan.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000488889/article/2015-nfl-draft-quicksnap-grades-for-afc-east-teams

For me the above line was the most important one of all.  Think after one year of being a mess we now have a TALENTED ROSTER!!!

Wow

Just Wow!!

Heath Evans is a piece of sh*t.

Overview: Deemed by many NFL personnel men the top player in the entire draft, Williams was an obvious round-one steal and gives the Jets options should they opt against paying DE Muhammad Wilkerson a mammoth contract. Rookie GM Mike Maccagnan pulled a beneficial day-two trade, sending No. 70 to the Texans in exchange for Nos. 82, 152, 229, and WR DeVier Posey, whom Maccagnan helped draft in Houston. Included in the Jets' "grade" is another trade that landed Zac Stacy in exchange for the No. 224 pick, which St. Louis turned into Baylor LB Bryce Hager. While the Williams pick was great, Smith is a suspect fit as a vertical stretcher in new OC Chan Gailey's dink-and-dunk offense. I wanted to see the Jets address their tailback and outside-rusher needs with better players than sub-par athlete Mauldin and Rams castoff Stacy. Petty makes sense as a developmental passer on Gailey's watch. Harrison is a talented enigma, while Simon is an old prospect who didn't dominate in the low-college ranks. I liked Maccagnan's work in free agency better than his first draft.

Grade: C-

1)  I have yet to see people do 180 on Leonard Williams and say he was actually a bad player, after the Jets drafted him.  The pre-draft scouting reports are still up, with no edit marks to add in lines under Cons.  

You mean like Mayock having Geno like 20th-ish on his board, then immediately ripped the QB-needy Jets when taking him like 20 picks later?

You mean like Mayock having Geno like 20th-ish on his board, then immediately ripped the QB-needy Jets when taking him like 20 picks later?

Lol, yeah, I think it was them too that were acting shocked they picked a QB, when their own tracker at the exact moment listed QB as a need.  Also, some lame sites like Walter Football, I think the Geno draft, we picked off I believe three of their guys projected to go in the top 23 or something, and they still bashed it.  

ESPN too, I remember they ran a bunch of stories about how teams may want to trade up for Geno right up until the draft, and after he fell, not sure if he's the right one.  

Who cares what these clowns in the media say about us? Good or bad? Let them go swallow Tom Brady's load

Archived