Bowles said the forbidden seven letter word under Rex

JohnnyLV

Balance.

In fact he said it several times. He expects the offense to be balanced.

He is going to balance his time between offense and defense. In fact, since he knows the defense so well he is going to spend MORE time with offense so his knowledge of both sides is balanced.

He likes that Gailey can run and pass. Balance.

Gailey is good at scheme and adjustments Balance

Will use front four for rush, blitz sometimes. Balance

Awesome times ahead.

Still wish we had hired Arians the year we fired Tanny, but Bowles is quite the recovery from missing that boat.

He's saying all the right things, Mac gave him players without question, so... WIN.

Lol, I liked Rex as a coach, he was almost like a fan that became a coach, yelling obscenities at players and flipping off opposing fans.  But as much as he was good on defense, he was an idiot on offense, and pumped his players up way too much.   

If we still had Rex, guarantee you, today's headlines are "Rex says, I'd take Devin Smith over Antonio Brown, you can put that on your blackboard, kid has got speed, great routes, and moxie, gonna punch in the face and then steal your lunch".  Afterwards saying some sarcastic joke about "Man, this Williams kid, I heard maybe he can play QB!, always seems to be in the backfield anyway".  

Balance.

In fact he said it several times. He expects the offense to be balanced.

He is going to balance his time between offense and defense. In fact, since he knows the defense so well he is going to spend MORE time with offense so his knowledge of both sides is balanced.

He likes that Gailey can run and pass. Balance.

Gailey is good at scheme and adjustments Balance

Will use front four for rush, blitz sometimes. Balance

Awesome times ahead.

Thought you were referring to another 7 letter word.  Offense.  

Balance works too.

@DWAZ73: Bowles says it's important for him to spend time now watching offense. "I know what the defense is doing. I can do that with my eyes closed"

THAT is refreshing. He's the antirex

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol, I liked Rex as a coach, he was almost like a fan that became a coach, yelling obscenities at players and flipping off opposing fans. But as much as he was good on defense, he was an idiot on offense, and pumped his players up way too much.

If we still had Rex, guarantee you, today's headlines are "Rex says, I'd take Devin Smith over Antonio Brown, you can put that on your blackboard, kid has got speed, great routes, and moxie, gonna punch in the face and then steal your lunch". Afterwards saying some sarcastic joke about "Man, this Williams kid, I heard maybe he can play QB!, always seems to be in the backfield anyway".

Lmao I can actually HEAR Rex saying all those things.

So, the Bills only had one QB in minicamp, and not enough offensive linemen to practice 11-on-11. The one QB's arm almost fell off, so they had to bring in a kid off the street for Day Two, which led to two bad practices. Also, Rex's overdrafted Clemson pick showed up late.

I thought it was going to be OFFENSE

Great teams are balanced. To become balanced we need to improve on offense but it also encompases coaching, in game coaching, special teams, etc....

We have not had a balanced coach since Tuna

So, the Bills only had one QB in minicamp, and not enough offensive linemen to practice 11-on-11. The one QB's arm almost fell off, so they had to bring in a kid off the street for Day Two, which led to two bad practices. Also, Rex's overdrafted Clemson pick showed up late.

Is this true?

holy sh*t

Baaaaahahahahahahah awesome

Bills are a circus

Typical SOJF post. Never satisfied.

Que? Go back to the first preseason thread when Rex, Mangini or even Herm was here, people were excited, they liked change, it was something fresh and different.  I like what Bowles and Mac are doing a lot, but no amount of talk matters unless the product on the field goes up, did we not already learn that over the last half decade?  Just because he's different from the last guy who failed, doesn't mean he'll be better. I personally think he will and obviously hope he will be, but I fail to see how I'm a SOJF because I want to wait further than 2 days of rookie camp before I anoint the guy. 

Still wish we had hired Arians the year we fired Tanny, but Bowles is quite the recovery from missing that boat.

He's saying all the right things, Mac gave him players without question, so... WIN.

It's a process .

1st you get the players

next you show them what you expect and develop them towards that end

Next, hopefully you win

Can we do all that in 1 yr and maintain it going forward.

It might be easy to win next yr, but what happens the following year and the years after .

The success must be sustainable.

He's a meticulous offensive mind. 

Or maybe he and his mind are simply offensive ...

or maybe just simple ...

Whatever he is - I'm elated he's that in Buffalo.

Archived