Tom Brady and the Hall of Fame

Maxman

I know we have a few threads on deflategate, but what I want to talk about here is Tom Brady and the hall of fame. A lot of people are saying that this means he certainly won't get in on his first year of eligibility? How long would he have to wait? How much will this cheating tarnish his records and legacy?

Does spygate factor in to this at all?

No way he doesn't get in on first ballot

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is there 8 threads about Brady/Patriots on the front page of a Jets message board?

To answer your question, Brady is a lock for 1st ballot HOF.

An interesting number to see would be how many other 1st ballot Hall of Famers have gotten suspended for cheating.  Is that even a thing?  

The truth is that I am not sure how much all this effects Brady's HOF status but I can tell you right now Brady being considered as the GOAT is over!!  I mean it is over.. No way in world can you put Brady over for example Joe Montana or Otto Graham IMO... Or even Roger Staubach or even Terry Bradshaw.. You don't ...

No way I will ever accept this is the ONLY Cheating Brady ever did!!

It is sickening............

Agree with this, Brady's legacy takes a big hit. Only regret is that I wish Belichick was going down with him

Actually, to be more precise, it's because the Pats were caught cheating again.

Patsfantx, the patriot fair weather fan with over 9 million posts lifetime on jet message boards, is complaining that the pats are being discussed on a jet message board.

Lol

8 threads? Who doesn't like reading about crime and criminals?

I'm surprised it's only 8 threads. Patriots fans are just as obsessed with the jets which is weird you'd think they just enjoy winning but a trip over to patsfans.com and there's 2 dozen threads about Sanchez fumbling or Rex claiming to be the greatest defensive coach ever.

Brady is a hands-down 1st ballot HOFer. That is a fact despite how much it may irritate you as a Jets fan. The deflating ball scandal is being overanalyzed and wasn't material (IMO) in the outcome of the games. All this argumentation is just self aggravation.

Typical SOJF post. Deflate gate is NOT being over analyzed. Do you have any idea how serious this is?

I think Brady will get in, but definitely not in first year of eligiblity. Brady's cheating doesn't just extend to the AFCCG - for all we know, he's been pulling this stuff for years. It degrades, if not completely invalidates, his achievements on the field. He's now the Barry Bonds of the NFL. HOF-worthy numbers without the fan and media support.

I know we have a few threads on deflategate, but what I want to talk about here is Tom Brady and the hall of fame. A lot of people are saying that this means he certainly won't get in on his first year of eligibility? How long would he have to wait? How much will this cheating tarnish his records and legacy?

Does spygate factor in to this at all?

I wouldn't expect it to have any effect.  I do think that if it was widely understood how much he was in the middle of spygate (getting radio feeds of the stolen plays every play) people would be even more disgusted with him.  (Don't know how he skated on that one.)   As much as I don't like him and think he's a cheater I think he's still a first ballot HOFer.

How about he plays 1 game without cheating so we can actually see if he is any good. 

Please, they have and will continue to cheat in as many ways as they can. They have been caught twice... caught. One can only wonder what else they are doing.

Brady will get into the HoF, but it won't be in his first year of eligibility. There will be enough voters offended enough by his cheating to make it a point to keep him out that first year.

Brady will get into the HoF, but it won't be in his first year of eligibility. There will be enough voters offended enough by his cheating to make it a point to keep him out that first year.

Hope so, would love to see them squirm

He "probably did not" cheat.

If that definition is a binding conclusion of guilt, it works just the same to absolve him.

He has already been caught and will always be known as a cheater. So yes, they are guilty, for a second time. 

We also know for sure that he lied to everyone at the press conference, so he cannot be trusted. I'm going to say he cheated for sure at the Superbowl, Brady can say that he did not cheat at the Super Bowl, but who is going to believe that liar? 

He "probably did not" cheat.

If that definition is a binding conclusion of guilt, it works just the same to absolve him.

Ray Lucas said him and Vinny used to take footballs out to the parking lot and get them in game shape they way they liked them..LOL That was before the new rules though..

Ray Lucas said him and Vinny used to take footballs out to the parking lot and get them in game shape they way they liked them..LOL That was before the new rules though..

Of course they did. Parking lot pavement is the best way to scuff new footballs.

I wonder how many NFL QB's, past or present, would say "Man, I love those slick, new footballs, what a grip I get".

He's first ballot, no question about it.

The league doesnt care about this, at all.  He's the darling of the NFL and his team is the only team that matters.  Nothing will come of this, why Jets fans think differently is amusing.

Is he a lying cheating scumbag arrogant douche with zero moral values?  yes.  But he wins and plays for the Patriots, so none of that matters.

He's first ballot, no question about it.

The league doesnt care about this, at all.  He's the darling of the NFL and his team is the only team that matters.  

Is he a lying cheating scumbag arrogant douche with zero moral values?  yes.  But he wins and plays for the Patriots, so none of that matters.

Best post of the entire thread.

The NFL is all about marketing and making money.

Brady and the Patriots give them both.

Best post of the entire thread.

The NFL is all about marketing and making money.

Brady and the Patriots give them both.

Tom Brady is about to be the highest profile NFL player to be suspended since Paul Hornung, and he had to wait 15 years from the first year he was eligible to get into the HoF. They'll make Brady wait to, just to further make an example of him.

He's a cheater, that's his legacy now.

Go fuck yourself. Nobody here is being bitter, we are standing up for what is the right thing to do.

If you want to post here, you need to drop the cursing and personal attacks.

Tom Brady is about to be the highest profile NFL player to be suspended since Paul Hornung, and he had to wait 15 years from the first year he was eligible to get into the HoF. They'll make Brady wait to, just to further make an example of him.

He's a cheater, that's his legacy now.

Hornung wasn't that big a deal IMO Jim Taylor was the main RB on those Packer teams.. 

Archived