Brady's case...how long would the injuction take?

AFJF

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The question is whether it matters to Brady, and whether he is willing to take the chance that things could get worse for him.

If he takes it to court, the question is already answered. He's not worried about it getting worse because he's confident there is no smoking gun to be found.

If he takes it to court, the question is already answered. He's not worried about it getting worse because he's confident there is no smoking gun to be found.

Isn't a smoking gun irrelevant.  What does Brady have to gain in court? that's the question I have.

The courts aren't going to overturn the report that exist.  

The union has already said they will challenge in court if the suspension is confirmed on Brady's behalf

which is why the NFL is probably waiting (speculation) until September to come forward with their decision.

Yes. We have reached a point of agreement. We can only wait now and see whether he takes it to court.

Isn't a smoking gun irrelevant.  What does Brady have to gain in court? that's the question I have.

The courts aren't going to overturn the report that exist.  

They could rule that the punishment was disproportionate and or not justified by the evidence. Or that the process was violative of Brady's rights.  Lots of angles of attack.

If it's worse he could get more games. But worse is there is still some doubt and that doubt will grow over time. If anything proven really hurts his legacy.

Hes not getting more games.  Thats not what any of this is about.

I just stated..cause the nfl is employing players with questionable behavior. Integrity is not soley on wins n loses.

Colts arent complaining neither are the ravens..

And you barely move me w that "stfu" cause i swear you were in front of me i'd make u swallow the hell out of your tongue. Just post. Computer keys dont hit back.

stfu

They could rule that the punishment was disproportionate and or not justified by the evidence. Or that the process was violative of Brady's rights. Lots of angles of attack.

Most arbitrators are ultra-liberal ex Union attorneys and judges they would have thrown out Brady's suspension by now. Goodell would do the same thing but he's too scared of the public backlash.

If it's worse he could get more games. But worse is there is still some doubt and that doubt will grow over time. If anything proven really hurts his legacy.

No, a Court in a lawsuit would not add games to the suspension.

I just stated..cause the nfl is employing players with questionable behavior. Integrity is not soley on wins n loses.

Colts arent complaining neither are the ravens..

And you barely move me w that "stfu" cause i swear you were in front of me i'd make u swallow the hell out of your tongue. Just post. Computer keys dont hit back.

love message board physical threats :character43:

I dont make threats.

:rl:

Bring it tough guy. 

Most arbitrators are ultra-liberal ex Union attorneys and judges they would have thrown out Brady's suspension by now. Goodell would do the same thing but he's too scared of the public backlash.

Most are liberal and pro-labor, but almost every arbiter I've been in front of is singularly focused on expediency and this usually results in some form of split-the-baby.  In about 100 arbitrations, I'd say probably 75 of them ended in a compromise verdict.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...ent/ar-AAdmoyb

DeflateGate: Tom Brady Negotiating with Roger Goodell for Settlement

SB Nation
Richard Hill

The two sides of the investigation have come together to try and find a mutual ground- it's not happening.

The NFLPA is prepared to act if Tom Brady's suspension is not overturned.

According to Mike Florio from ProFootballTalk, and confirmed with additional sources, Tom Brady's camp has had settlement discussions with Roger Goodell and the NFL.

This does not mean that Brady is accepting guilt. This means that the league is trying to find an outcome that doesn't lead to a court case. Per Florio, a settlement doesn't appear likely.

Multiple sources have pointed to a settlement where Brady receives no games of suspension, but will have a game check (or two) penalized. It's uncertain if this would involve Brady accepting any blame or not, or if the league would be able to note that the penalty is for Brady's lack of cooperation in the procedure, and not for his potential knowledge of any shenanigans with the football. While docking a game check would be far greater than the $50,000 fine that Brett Favre received for his lack of cooperation, a monetary fine is more in line with prior precedence than a four game suspension.

According to Florio, Goodell is under pressure from multiple owners to uphold the suspension for Brady. It wouldn't be a surprise if the Bills, Jets, and Dolphins owners were an active part of the discussion, or the Broncos, Steelers, and Colts ownerships.

Influential owners that openly support that the suspension be upheld: Colts, Cowboys, Jets, Texans, Falcons http://t.co/hiVBtHGaa5)

— Rich Hill (@PP_Rich_Hill) July 23, 2015

Of course, we know that at least five team owners have publicly come out in support of Brady's penalty, including Jerry Jones of the Cowboys, Arthur Blank of the Falcons, and Bob McNair of the Texans. The owners in support of the penalty are considered just powerful as Patriots owner Robert Kraft (Jones), or just below (Blank, McNair).

Florio adds that Goodell is receiving legal advisement from attorney Gregg Levy, stating that "Levy has been warning Goodell that it will be difficult to make a suspension stick in court, even under the heightened standard that applies to challenging the outcome of a private arbitration agreement."

If the NFL believes they'll lose in court, Brady has no incentive to settle. Of course, if the suspension is revoked and any blame of any possible deflation is removed from Brady, then perhaps the Patriots quarterback would be fine with letting the whole ordeal end.

The latest scuttlebutt is that a verdict is expected tomorrow afternoon. Of course, that has been the talk for the past few weeks. So we'll report the news when it happens.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...ent/ar-AAdmoyb

DeflateGate: Tom Brady Negotiating with Roger Goodell for Settlement

SB Nation

Richard Hill

The two sides of the investigation have come together to try and find a mutual ground- it's not happening.

The NFLPA is prepared to act if Tom Brady's suspension is not overturned.

According to Mike Florio from ProFootballTalk, and confirmed with additional sources, Tom Brady's camp has had settlement discussions with Roger Goodell and the NFL.

This does not mean that Brady is accepting guilt. This means that the league is trying to find an outcome that doesn't lead to a court case. Per Florio, a settlement doesn't appear likely.

Multiple sources have pointed to a settlement where Brady receives no games of suspension, but will have a game check (or two) penalized. It's uncertain if this would involve Brady accepting any blame or not, or if the league would be able to note that the penalty is for Brady's lack of cooperation in the procedure, and not for his potential knowledge of any shenanigans with the football. While docking a game check would be far greater than the $50,000 fine that Brett Favre received for his lack of cooperation, a monetary fine is more in line with prior precedence than a four game suspension.

According to Florio, Goodell is under pressure from multiple owners to uphold the suspension for Brady. It wouldn't be a surprise if the Bills, Jets, and Dolphins owners were an active part of the discussion, or the Broncos, Steelers, and Colts ownerships.

Influential owners that openly support that the suspension be upheld: Colts, Cowboys, Jets, Texans, Falcons http://t.co/hiVBtHGaa5)

— Rich Hill (@PP_Rich_Hill) July 23, 2015

Of course, we know that at least five team owners have publicly come out in support of Brady's penalty, including Jerry Jones of the Cowboys, Arthur Blank of the Falcons, and Bob McNair of the Texans. The owners in support of the penalty are considered just powerful as Patriots owner Robert Kraft (Jones), or just below (Blank, McNair).

Florio adds that Goodell is receiving legal advisement from attorney Gregg Levy, stating that "Levy has been warning Goodell that it will be difficult to make a suspension stick in court, even under the heightened standard that applies to challenging the outcome of a private arbitration agreement."

If the NFL believes they'll lose in court, Brady has no incentive to settle. Of course, if the suspension is revoked and any blame of any possible deflation is removed from Brady, then perhaps the Patriots quarterback would be fine with letting the whole ordeal end.

The latest scuttlebutt is that a verdict is expected tomorrow afternoon. Of course, that has been the talk for the past few weeks. So we'll report the news when it happens.

This article obviously was fed by the Brady camp.  And if it is true, I disagree with Levy.  Why wouldn't it stick in Court?  All of the procedures in the CBA were followed and there is plenty of evidence (even if it is not enough for Pats fans) supporting the NFL's ruling.  It did not need to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.  The texts combined with the lack of cooperation by Brady are more than enough to support a "more likely than not" conclusion, which is all that is required.  If it gets overturned by a federal judge, it likely will be because the judge is a Patriots fan or is married to one.  

This article obviously was fed by the Brady camp.  And if it is true, I disagree with Levy.  Why wouldn't it stick in Court?  All of the procedures in the CBA were followed and there is plenty of evidence (even if it is not enough for Pats fans) supporting the NFL's ruling.  It did not need to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.  The texts combined with the lack of cooperation by Brady are more than enough to support a "more likely than not" conclusion, which is all that is required.  If it gets overturned by a federal judge, it likely will be because the judge is a Patriots fan or is married to one.  

Think Brady is arrogant enough to bite the hand that feeds him, and take this to court.

Think Brady is arrogant enough to bite the hand that feeds him, and take this to court.

Yes. He is an entitled little doucheprick who has never been told "no" his entire life. 

This is the same asshead who cried on national television while saying the day he was drafted in the 6th round of the NFL draft was "the worst day of my parents' lives" and was dead serious about it. 

Tom Brady is a stupid manchild who completely lacks any sense of perspective (this is how you spell it ghost in pads )

Yes. He is an entitled little doucheprick who has never been told "no" his entire life. 

This is the same asshead who cried on national television while saying the day he was drafted in the 6th round of the NFL draft was "the worst day of my parents' lives" and was dead serious about it. 

Tom Brady is a stupid manchild who completely lacks any sense of perspective (this is how you spell it ghost in pads )

ha ha i guess tom brady is the only professional athlete (which i doubt he does) who feels some type of entitlement ha ha, the ONLY one.

and ahh i think he has heard no, when he wasn't named starter at Michigan...ha ha you mad at tom brady's life... ha ha

Not the court, the league. If new evidence comes up in the court case I see no reason the league could not revisit the issue and increase the punishment.

I'd say that's an extremely unlikely possibility.  So unlikely that it would not be considered by Brady's lawyers when weighing the risks/benefits of a lawsuit.  And again, if Brady ends up suing, that says a lot about the (non)existence of further damaging evidence.

Good is Sheldon Richardson and all the other players suspended negotiating with Roger as well?

Violations of substance abuse policy tougher to combat since specific punishment is mandated in CBA.

ha ha i guess tom brady is the only professional athlete (which i doubt he does) who feels some type of entitlement ha ha, the ONLY one.

and ahh i think he has heard no, when he wasn't named starter at Michigan...ha ha you mad at tom brady's life... ha ha

Learn how to read, son. 

I'd say that's an extremely unlikely possibility.  So unlikely that it would not be considered by Brady's lawyers when weighing the risks/benefits of a lawsuit.  And again, if Brady ends up suing, that says a lot about the (non)existence of further damaging evidence.

If he's guilty of obstructing and/or failing to cooperate with the investigation, do they really need any other evidence?

Goodell can just say purposely being uncooperative with such a serious investigation - particularly leading up to the superbowl with the whole world watching - did or could have done irreparable harm to the integrity of the league, and 4 games is a slap on the wrist for such an infraction.

Archived