Ragnarok Mafia: Game Over, Loki Wins

Doggin94it

What is there to defend?  Love how the wolves come out.  lol

Plenty. Why vote Wombat if he didn't make your scum list? What were you expecting out of a "trap" that lasted 2 hours? What did you get out of "seeing who noticed" you voting Nyn?

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well apparently it's just me, and I'm not as good as I thought lolol :)

I'll need some more time, but I'm not at a trusting point yet, maybe once the walls of text come I will feel better.

I don't follow. Were you expecting me to list you as town?

I'm reading Wombat, Smash, Ape, and Alanna as town. 

I could vote JC or Pac, or keep my vote on Lizzie. 

Everyone else is null. 

You should just save this post and copy/paste it every game going forward.  It doesn't really change.

Plenty. Why vote Wombat if he didn't make your scum list? What were you expecting out of a "trap" that lasted 2 hours? What did you get out of "seeing who noticed" you voting Nyn?

Got your attention and the others who want to make a case of it.  The vote on Nyn for lulz.

@laine

I just don't see nolder clearing town Hally. As mafia, it's generally a bad idea to clear too many townies.

I asked if your scum because, to me at least, it seems like there is less game solving. And more posts on various subjects, trying to appear town.

I don't think I'm terrible at reading you, just trying to jump start you if you are :)

"too many townies" = 1

Sorry to get nitpicky, I just don't like that generalization. Granted, it's certainly bitten me in the ass more recently

You're right I could be doing better game solving, but there's louder voices here and I need a little more time to get a handle on some of these people. Meh! lol

As everyone has checked in and discussion is well underway, deadline will be set for Thursday at Noon.  No majority = no lynch.

Unvote

Vote Hallia

So I take it you're a fan of the no lynch Pac?

Does this mean you're confident you won't be lynched?  Don't like this post.

feel like JC is purposely playing up the weird post meta he developed as scum last 2 games..  think he's trying to prove a point.. won't vote there today..

His play of late has suggested that he's trying now.  However, the trigger seemed to be me casing him.  He called me an idiot, claimed he was setting a trap, then finally made his first non-joke post where he FOS'd Seph and Hallia. 

Get this mope to L-1 and I'll hammer.

Lynch all liars.

Vote Pac

All roads lead to Ape.

120503hutchison4.jpg

Guess I spoke too soon.  JC has about 4 game-related posts and about 20 joke posts like these.  And when called on it, he pulls a Smash and calls people idiots.  Hard to get a read on him, like usual.

Got your attention and the others who want to make a case of it.  The vote on Nyn for lulz.

The goal of your trap should have been to see who else followed you and put Wombat at L-2.  Yet you're arguing here that the real motivation was to see who noticed it and cased you for it?  I call bullsh*t.

80, that's not what I meant, if you go back and read, I was voting Smash for saying that going no lynch was a good idea. Pac subsequently voted me. Hence, my question.

Hmm.  Pac's vote came 2 pages after your post.  I don't really see the connection there.  Perhaps Pac can confirm his reason(s) for voting you.

Decent, eh?

Yep, he busted me. I'm as preoccupied in this game as I said I would be before it started, and I admitted glazing over the first 10 pages. That's how you catch scum right, they admit to not reading the unimportant joke part of the game, then you pretend like you caught them "skimming"? Scum skims only flies when you actually catch scum trying to pass off bad info from skimming, to screw the town. That's not what I was doing, and not what he "caught" in his retaliatory case. 

He took what I've been open about and is trying to paint me as scum as a result of it.

The accusation that I talked logic to Seph, but didn't go after Lily for the same thing, is also bunk. I always talk logic in the games. If I went after Seph for the bad logic, but gave Lily a pass, I could say he's making sense. However, I didn't go after anyone. I made a casual point to Seph, a new person here, and I talked about it with CTM more. It was more a conversation around when to and not to acknowledge logic, not a case or FOS. So, to me, the stuff he's saying makes no sense at all. As scum, I usually use stuff like that to get the town to lynch townies. Anyone with half a brain should be able to distinguish that about me by now.

What really makes no sense is that he's trying to connect Lily and I, but at the same time, he accused Lily if get behind the Ape (paraphrasing his accusation here). 

In other words, nothing about what he's said makes a lick of sense. I've illustrated this a few times now. I'm done.

You seem to be talking about a lot of general stuff to me.  The amount of effort you spent on that and attacking Lizzie could have been spent reading the first 10 pages of the thread and/or getting some more specific reads out imo.  I don't think it's scummy play, but I don't think it's good town play either.

We have been playing for about 2 full days and have 21 pages of content and one of those days was a Sunday. By Thursday we should be pushing 40 pages and the content of the posts is game related rather than the usual nonsense.

Doggin chose No Lynch as opposed to his usual Random Lynch.

I don't know what Doggin's usual no hammer rule is (if he even has one) but I often use No Lynch because it limits swing while still penalizing town.  Your argument is invalid.

You seem to be talking about a lot of general stuff to me. The amount of effort you spent on that and attacking Lizzie could have been spent reading the first 10 pages of the thread and/or getting some more specific reads out imo. I don't think it's scummy play, but I don't think it's good town play either.

Already read it, like I said I would, since I had time today. And yea, the stuff is general because it's mostly benign bulksh*t that Lizzie is hanging a case on... Doofus.

It's been 24 hours since that moron wrongly said I was 'skimming' and I acknowledged just jumping in to the current posts. And nothing has stopped me from ear-marking the things I've found scummy... I'm voting Lizzie because I think he's pushing narrative, so how is me responding to the guy I'm voting an avoidance of scum hunting and making reads?

You can criticize my play when you take your head out of your ass.

Vote Count

Pac (2) - JiF, Jetscode

Nolder (1) - SMC

Seph (1) - Alanna

Alanna (1) - CTM

Jetscode (3) - 80, Nae, Barm

Lizzie (2) - Integrity, Lily

No Lynch (1) - Smash

Smash (1) - Hallia

Lily (1) - Lizzie

Hallia (2) - Pac, Wombat

Barm (1)- Nolder

Integrity (1) - Seph

With 17 players alive, 9 to lynch

Deadline is Noon Eastern on Thursday

Already read it, like I said I would, since I had time today. And yea, the stuff is general because it's mostly benign bulksh*t that Lizzie is hanging a case on... Doofus.

It's been 24 hours since that moron wrongly said I was 'skimming' and I acknowledged just jumping in to the current posts. And nothing has stopped me from ear-marking the things I've found scummy... I'm voting Lizzie because I think he's pushing narrative, so how is me responding to the guy I'm voting an avoidance of scum hunting and making reads?

You can criticize my play when you take your head out of your ass.

You're voting me because I'm pushing narrative?

Two things...

One, we're not all biting.

Two, bad ideas get suggested by townies all the time. I'm null on 80, and as someone who is particularly hard on him when he doesn't try, I'm not in support of lynching him for trying. We can see where his idea goes. Regardless of his alignment, I like it when he applies himself.

Feel like you're going after an easy target here.

unvote, vote lizzie

Don't have a read on JC. He usually does weird stuff FMPoV. Seems like he's not trying very hard, but that doesn't make him scum. Kind of sketched out by how many people are townreading me. Think some of them could be coasting.

He's been so bad as scum the last two games, I think it'll show up if he's scum again. Right now I'm suspicious, but haven't seen the clincher like last game.

I think everyone is playing lazy, because our group doesn't respond well to the adversity of a setup outside their comfort zone.

Don't have a read on JC.  He usually does weird stuff FMPoV.  Seems like he's not trying very hard, but that doesn't make him scum.  Kind of sketched out by how many people are townreading me.  Think some of them could be coasting.

He's had a few rough games in a row

He's been so bad as scum the last two games, I think it'll show up if he's scum again. Right now I'm suspicious, but haven't seen the clincher like last game.

I think everyone is playing lazy, because our group doesn't respond well to the adversity of a setup outside their comfort zone.

that is nonsense, jif and crusher maybe..

you just made my list

We're all playing lazy and yet ou can't even keep track of why you're voting me.

You seem to be talking about a lot of general stuff to me.  The amount of effort you spent on that and attacking Lizzie could have been spent reading the first 10 pages of the thread and/or getting some more specific reads out imo.  I don't think it's scummy play, but I don't think it's good town play either.

nice to see you've learned what everyone knew 5 years ago..  I don't think I've read a complete post of his yet.

You're voting me because I'm pushing narrative?

Pushing narrative is stitching together benign observations and null tells to make a case.

I voted you because you were manufacturing a reason (narrative) to vote 80, as explained in the part of my vote post that you didn't bold.

Your case on me and your vote on 80 are both narrative-driven. My vote on you is not.

Pushing narrative is stitching together benign observations and null tells to make a case.

I voted you because you were manufacturing a reason (narrative) to vote 80, as explained in the part of my vote post that you didn't bold.

Your case on me and your vote on 80 are both narrative-driven. My vote on you is not.

This looks like flailing..  is this flailing?

that is nonsense, jif and crusher maybe..

you just made my list

It's been 48+ hours, we ran up one spazz, and have done nothing but hear patty-cake nonsense from the bulk of the game. It's off to a lazy start, IMO.

**** you and your list, you're an idiot.

Hmm.  Pac's vote came 2 pages after your post.  I don't really see the connection there.  Perhaps Pac can confirm his reason(s) for voting you.

that's why her post made no sense to me.  I already explained why I voted her.  She's the only 1 voting smash who is so bizarre this game he may as well be wearing a sandwich board declaring he's town.

there is zero reason for scoki (yes skoki) to push some of the crap he has been on day 1. 

Archived