Rex Ryan breaks down and cries when HBO asks about time with Jets - Watch this

Flushing Roots

The Pats got off easy with DeflateGate.  Tom fell on the sword to protect Belichick, the biggest fraud in sports.

Agree Sourceworx.  And,  I think it's going to get easier.  I think he may end up with a 2 game suspension.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Rex gets a QB look out.

No reason why the Bills couldn't go all the way to the big dance.

If Rex had the Chargers roster from like 6 years ago , add Peyton Manning , swap Jim Brown in for Tomlinson, maybe a tweak here and there....I mean we're talking 6, 8 , maybe 10 Super Bowls I think.

If Rex gets a QB look out.

No reason why the Bills couldn't go all the way to the big dance.

they have a better D on paper than the 2 title game teams he had here and as much talent on O.  will they get competent QB play? if so they can go a long way.

some Jets fans want to make me become a Bills fan, seriously. How anyone can be so ungrateful to knock Rex is beyond me. The guy was by far the best coach we have ever had, and if he ever had a half competent GM he would have won us 2 SB's in his 6 years. The guy is one of, if not the, greatest defensive minds of all time, the players love him, and he is a master game planner and master motivator. Shame on any Jet fan who says one negative word about Rex.

Letting Rex go is going to ultimately haunt this franchise worse than what happened with Bellicheck. Rex will win multiple SB's with the Bills.

some Jets fans want to make me become a Bills fan, seriously. How anyone can be so ungrateful to knock Rex is beyond me. The guy was by far the best coach we have ever had, and if he ever had a half competent GM he would have won us 2 SB's in his 6 years. The guy is one of, if not the, greatest defensive minds of all time, the players love him, and he is a master game planner and master motivator. Shame on any Jet fan who says one negative word about Rex.

Letting Rex go is going to ultimately haunt this franchise worse than what happened with Bellicheck. Rex will win multiple SB's with the Bills.

I love absolutely everything about this post and poster.

It all started when Tanny didn't have players on the team ready to replace guys like Faneca and Tom Jones. 09 and 10 teams were loaded with talent and Sanchez held those teams back from winning it all.

Izzy was worse than Tanny at drafting.

Everybody knows this already.

Thank you, for showing there are still some Jets fans with brains. It is clear anyone who can knock Rex is brainless, so thank you for proving there are still some Jets fans with brains.

All I did was agree. You had the courage to speak truth to power. So thank you.

You sir are wise beyond your years. I don't know how old you are, but you are so wise that I feel confident in saying that. Even if you are a hundred and two, you are still wise beyond your years.

I am 31 and I have never done sex, but I know a great HC when I see one

This guy gets it.

I listened to an interview by Rex yesterday.  He even agreed that he should have been fired after a 4-12 season.  He may have been ultimately responsible for his team but there were many contributing factors (Idzik) that contributed to the 4 win season.  

and what contributed to the 2012 6 win season...let's hear those non-rex excuses

That was the season Revis went down in game 2 and Sanchez had his second worst season as a Jet.. But yes it was all Rex's fault for not playing Tebow at QB.. :animal0029:

that was by far Mark's worst season as a Jet, Sparano/Tebow/Schilens/Hill- a recipe for any QB to fail.

and what contributed to the 2012 6 win season...let's hear those non-rex excuses

he did an amazing job to get that team to 6 wins and keep them in the playoff hunt in December.  losing Revis week 3, losing Holmes soon after, Keller was banged up, we had Chaz Schilens starting at WR.

he did an amazing job to get that team to 6 wins and keep them in the playoff hunt in December.  losing Revis week 3, losing Holmes soon after, Keller was banged up, we had Chaz Schilens starting at WR.

I should have known not to come in here again...Anyway, I'm looking forward to the new regime / season...Enjoy it!  

Sanchez definitely missed his Bray-Bray when he left.. :winking0001:

he lost Braylon and Cotch and we replaced them w/ an over the hill malcontent in Derrick Mason and a guy fresh out of a 2 year prison sentence.  after that we drafted Stephen hill and that was it and we wonder why he regressed.

I should have known not to come in here again...Anyway, I'm looking forward to the new regime / season...Enjoy it!  

So am I I'm happy as hell with the new regime and looking forward to a winning season with all our new additions.. I just get tired of the Rex hate and would rather move on but some just won't let it go..

POTW HOF

Have you seen his new truck? Badass

Yes. Rex should have been fired with Tanny. This isn't an epiphany, it's been a regular conversation topic, almost daily, for about 3 years.

It goes back farther than that. First, there was no reason to change direction after 2007. It's not Eric Mangini's fault that a bunch of excitable morons failed to grasp that 2006 was a mirage. Second, if you insist on doing something, then just fire him. The fit with him and Tannenbaum was terrible anyway and just having them switch chairs was the dumbest possible way of dealing with it. Third, whether Mangini had to go after 2008 is debatable but Tannenbaum certainly did. It took a bunch of screwups to even put us in the position of having Tannenbaum and Rex bound at their child-bearing hips, then we bounce one and not the other. Sad truth is there probably still isn't anybody driving the bus.

that was by far Mark's worst season as a Jet, Sparano/Tebow/Schilens/Hill- a recipe for any QB to fail.

There was nothing about that season that said to me, you know if not for Sporano we have a Brady, Manning. Brees, Rodgers type QB here.

He would have had better numbers with a better cast but Mark sucked because he sucks

I think Idzik and Rex didn't like each other all that much otherwise there was no reason to sit on all that cash.. Rex knew it was over and Idzik figured he would save it for his choice as the next HC IMO.. That's why Rex should have gone with Tanny and we should have got a GM that started fresh.. Funny thing though Bowles and Mac were hired the same day so I wonder how much input he had??

Both Mac and Bowles were picked by Casserly.

Idzik was hired to a position way beyond his capability. We had no cap room in 2013 so Idzik didn't get exposed and Rex rallied the troops and won a lot of close games. The cap room arrived and Idzik shat himself wasting time with guys like Vick, Giacomini and Patterson when we should have gone after Revis and Desean Jackson.

Mac has looked very good so far.

Looking at the video, it reminds me how nobody wears his heart on his sleeve like Rex.  And like everything else, that kind of emotion is a two-edged sword - it can help but it can also hurt. The same way in that he's a players coach to the extreme - so he can recruit players because they love him and want to play for him, but it's a two edged sword because there isn't enough distance, and that brings lack of discipline.

There was nothing about that season that said to me, you know if not for Sporano we have a Brady, Manning. Brees, Rodgers type QB here.

He would have had better numbers with a better cast but Mark sucked because he sucks

it wasn't just Sparano, it was Sparano w/ Tebow and w/o having any weapons.  he had 2 reliable guys in Holmes and Keller.  Holmes was done for the season in September and Keller was out most of the season and banged up when he was in the lienup.  No QB would have had a chance w/ all that was against Mark that season.

it wasn't just Sparano, it was Sparano w/ Tebow and w/o having any weapons.  he had 2 reliable guys in Holmes and Keller.  Holmes was done for the season in September and Keller was out most of the season and banged up when he was in the lienup.  No QB would have had a chance w/ all that was against Mark that season.

Bringing Tebow in is the poster for excuses to protect Mark.  He was brought in and from day 1 the Jets said it was to bring in a WC player.  They talked about his abilities as a running/passing threat on specially designed plays.  The said it would be for 5 or so plays a game.  That he wasn't a starter.  But this was too much for poor Mark to handle?  This for a guy who get another excuse in that they didn't bring in competition?  But made up competition was too much for him to handle?  Not getting that one

He looked no better with Holmes and Keller than he did without them.  Or no different that when he had Keller, Bray, Holmes, Cotchery, the leagues number 1 running game and the leagues number 1 defense.  

You can have a QB who can't put up big numbers because of injuries to players on offense but still looks like he knows what hes doing, looks like the only reason his numbers suck is that he didn't have the players around him.  Sanchez looked lost and sh1tty.  The game against Az was as bad as a QB could look and had nothing to do with injuries.  

Archived