Rex briefly considered bringing Vick to Buffalo before deciding it really wasn't a good idea

shuler82

Not that I wanted to add to the board's Rexession, but this was too good not to post..

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/314246/rex-ryan-we-considered-signing-michael-vick

Coach Rex Ryan told PFT Live on Friday that the Bills considered signing free agent Michael Vick, but believed his odds of success were slim in Buffalo's bad weather.

Vick has notoriously small hands. "Our conditions are a little different than most teams," said Ryan. "And Mike will tell you, he’s not built really for a bad weather quarterback. He doesn’t have great big hands, and the weather affects him some. And he’d be the first one to tell you." The Bills know they don't have a legitimate quarterback, and Ryan acknowledged as much Friday by revealing their flirtation with Vick in addition to suggesting they might not name a starter until game day of Week 1. It's going to be an ugly year for offense in western New York.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that I wanted to add to the board's Rexession, but this was too good not to post..

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/314246/rex-ryan-we-considered-signing-michael-vick

Coach Rex Ryan told PFT Live on Friday that the Bills considered signing free agent Michael Vick, but believed his odds of success were slim in Buffalo's bad weather.

Vick has notoriously small hands. "Our conditions are a little different than most teams," said Ryan. "And Mike will tell you, he’s not built really for a bad weather quarterback. He doesn’t have great big hands, and the weather affects him some. And he’d be the first one to tell you." The Bills know they don't have a legitimate quarterback, and Ryan acknowledged as much Friday by revealing their flirtation with Vick in addition to suggesting they might not name a starter until game day of Week 1. It's going to be an ugly year for offense in western New York.

A Mike Vick in cold weather is better than what they have in any weather. As long as they dont trade for Mike Glennon then im not worried. 

I think Tampa is going to hold on to Glennon forever just so they can stop the rest of the league from being dominated by him.

Because they're smart. It would be less fair than NE's cheating. They kept Glennon off the field so often, and drafted Winston this year, just to allow the rest of the league to stay competitive. 

Because they're smart. It would be less fair than NE's cheating. They kept Glennon off the field so often, and drafted Winston this year, just to allow the rest of the league to stay competitive. 

It's like the Fratellis keeping Sloth locked away. Sure, him and his Superman shirt could help out with all the crime, but they just had so much more to lose by letting him go. Better to keep him locked up in the dungeons with the ice cream.

It's like the Fratellis keeping Sloth locked away. Sure, him and his Superman shirt could help out with the bank robberies, but they just had to much more to lose by letting him go. Better to keep him locked up in the dungeons with the ice cream.

he and his Superman shirt

You blockhead.

I thought I read Rex was going to announce the winner of the QB contest already? Now he's saying it might not even happen till Week 1?

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

That's correct.  Rex is not going to announce the starting QB until stating game.  He wants to keep Colts in suspense.  However, JMO  based upon practice results,  it strongly appers that Taylor will start.

If I have to do it myself in order to keep him out of Buffalo. Either that or I'll just tweet him and let him know that I wouldnt approve. 

With the rest of the stadium flaccid as newborns, you would still have rigid wood in the stands of a Jets/Bills game awaiting one of their ridiculous tundra cloud storms...watching him...waving to him...calling out his name...dreaming of what might have been.

That's correct. Rex is not going to announce the starting QB until stating game. He wants to keep Colts in suspense. However, based upon practice results, it strongly appers that Taylor will start.

Maybe my favorite post ever. There's just so much to love here.

That's correct. Rex is not going to announce the starting QB until stating game. He wants to keep Colts in suspense. However, based upon practice results, it strongly appers that Taylor will start.

I'm sure it's all tactical.

Nothing to do with the fact that none of them is any good.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Archived