Deep Thoughts

Jetster

Secondary was AMAZING last night & Buster Skrine looks like the best Nickle/Slot corner in the NFL. While watching the game I was thinking, holy sh*t we have McDougle & Carr sitting on the bench, plus Milliner coming back, and Marcus Williams gets better every week. You know that Bowles hasn't even put in EVERYTHING he likes to do as we've only played 2 games. The idea that this secondary will get better & even more cohesive with every guy having a role is just so amazing. We know Bowles is never satisfied.

Just think...the Dline doesn't even have 2013, 2014, ROTY/Probowler, Sheldon Richardson and Leo the Lion is learning on the fly & will get better every game. Scary.

The linebackers had a GREAT game last night, looks like Reilly is coming on with more experience & we saw that Bowles started using Mauldin as that pass rusher we were missing last year vs Cleveland. So here's another group where we have a guy COMING BACK to bolster the group at some point.

Brandon Marshall is a BEAST & he's taken a leadership role. Decker needs to make those challenged catches & let's hope he's OK. Again, here's another group where we have young guys being groomed & a guy (Devin Smith), that might have HUGE potential coming back soon. Enunwa just needs more experience and it's amazing that Kerley can't even get on the field. 

The Olines done a good job so far but they got blown up in the running game last night by a very average front. It's one thing to not make holes but they were pushed into the backfield far too often last night. Dbrick got knocked into the backfield far to often for my liking. Good job in pass protection but again the Colts are an average group playing with no CBs after Davis got hurt.

Actually thought Chan Gailey had a rough night calling plays. We had a 40 minute lull on offense where we were going deep far too often. I know that was a result of the Colts stuffing our run game & way to many 3rd & longs. Fitz looks like he's still settling in, I thought he threw the ball to quicklly on a few passes where he was feeling phantom pressure. But, I must say this, Enunwa had 2 third down drops & Decker had 2 3rd down drops. That 4 conversions & who knows, if they make those plays Fitzes game looks a LOT better. It is a team game.

Love me some Todd Bowles! Love his composure & calm demeanor. You could feel it wash over our team after the Colts scored. Love that he's NEVER satisfied, I'm sure he'll review that tape & fix some more stuff this week. Before the season started I posted about the importance of coming out & stealing some wins early because it might take some time for Todd to put his schemes in place & put his fingerprints on this team. Not only do these players like Todd, they respect him. With each week of success they will trust that he does know what he's doing.

The circus has truly left town. Even Steve Young likes what he sees from the Jets & he was a huge critic of Rex ignoring offense & ruining young QBs. The NY Jets are legitimate again & it's really sweet.

I didn't need Steve Young and a bunch of yappy, brain-dead ex-jocks to confirm this for me. 

Also, pace yourself, it's 2 games, 2 wins. We've shown really well, but keep it in perspective - lots of football left to be played, plenty of room for this team to improve.

Love me some Todd Bowles! Love his composure & calm demeanor. You could feel it wash over our team after the Colts scored. Love that he's NEVER satisfied, I'm sure he'll review that tape & fix some more stuff this week. Before the season started I posted about the importance of coming out & stealing some wins early because it might take some time for Todd to put his schemes in place & put his fingerprints on this team. Not only do these players like Todd, they respect him. With each week of success they will trust that he does know what he's doing.

The circus has truly left town. Even Steve Young likes what he sees from the Jets & he was a huge critic of Rex ignoring offense & ruining young QBs. The NY Jets are legitimate again & it's really sweet.

Choosing Bowles as the HC was a great move. He is showing he knows the game and is not making brash statements that tick off the other teams to play harder against us. He blitzes as much as before and I really enjoy watching NY Jets football again!!!

I didn't need Steve Young and a bunch of yappy, brain-dead ex-jocks to confirm this for me. 

Also, pace yourself, it's 2 games, 2 wins. We've shown really well, but keep it in perspective - lots of football left to be played, plenty of room for this team to improve.

Meh, fans should revel in this a bit. We're fans for these moments. As long as Bowles keeps himself and the team hungry for improvement the fans should enjoy every moment they can. We don't get many of these you know! As for me, all players aside what has me really excited is the fact that it really looks like we have a top quality coach and GM. These guys brought a lot of respect to a franchise and fanbase that definitely needed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Choosing Bowles as the HC was a great move. He is showing he knows the game and is not making brash statements that tick off the other teams to play harder against us. He blitzes as much as before and I really enjoy watching NY Jets football again!!!

Indeed it was.  Interestingly, Dan Quinn, who was the other option at the time, is looking pretty good down in ATL as well. 

Agreed.  We were GIDDY in 2008 after the Titan beatdown and we were 8-3.  LOTS of football left.  GO JETS!!!

Well, I'm gonna enjoy it! Nothing I do or say will make 1 iota of difference to the NYJets football team.

That sh*t cracks me up, "don't get ahead of yourself". F*ck that! I'm reveling in this f*cking win. I don't think I have ever in my life seen the Jets quiet an entire stadium like that, you could hear a pin drop, ON THE ROAD, on MNF!

Im exciting cause we aren't seeing the best of this team yet. If Sheldon doesn't get an extended suspension & Dee and Mauldin contribute this defense can be crazy good. McDougle, Williams, Leo, Reilly, Pryor, Mauldin are just gonna get better with more reps. You might even see Milliner as a Safety/CB type in Bowles big nickel down the road. Look at our schedule, the Fins & Bills have the best defenses we'll see the rest of the way. 

Circus has left town, but when you recover a lucky fumble on the goal line you shouldn't be getting a penalty for a guy taking his helmet off.  That is a lack of composure, especially by a team leader (Demario WIlliams ;)

I agree with this...I believe 4 personal fouls.  To me, that shows lack of discipline.

I agree with this...I believe 4 personal fouls.  To me, that shows lack of discipline.

I'm sure it will be addressed by Bowles! Brenos stupid penalty too, took us out of FG range. I'm sure Bowles like tough, but NOT STUPID. 

Cromartie is still weak, he may be hurt and playing through it but he was badly beat on a few plays, other than that I agree though, things are looking good.

I can't wait for the same smarmy talking heads to dissed the Jets all preseason will be heaping praise on them now for a week or two until they loss and we can get an I told you so.

Indeed it was.  Interestingly, Dan Quinn, who was the other option at the time, is looking pretty good down in ATL as well. 

He also has a QB in place, however, he did improve the D. I still will take Bowles over Quinn as he was my first choice. I rememember when he took over in Miami and he was impressive.

Circus has left town, but when you recover a lucky fumble on the goal line you shouldn't be getting a penalty for a guy taking his helmet off.  That is a lack of composure, especially by a team leader (Demario WIlliams

That's not what happened though... A jet pulled someone off the pile not their helmet off... And yes not a positive but didn't effect the game at all. Good win lets go jets!

The Breno one you are 100% correct on.  I think the Skrine one where he tackled the WR out of bounds was pretty undisciplined too but not nearly as stupid as Breno's .Demario Davis got called for pulling a Colt off of Revis on the Gore fumble which is a new rule that instinctively players aren't used to yet (they want to protect their teammate).  And I think Coples got called twice. One I don't remember but the other one which was for roughing Luck on a sack looked really ticky tack to me (it's football).   I guess my point is the numbers seem a bit deceiving to me...

That's not what happened though... A jet pulled someone off the pile not their helmet off... And yes not a positive but didn't effect the game at all. Good win lets go jets!

Actually, both happened, along with a late hit from Buster Skrine (and one or two more).  It's not that Davis pulled someone's helmet off--he took his own helmet off so he could yell like a maniac after Gore fumbled on the goal line. Unsportsmanlike conduct and he should know better. 

I'm sure it will be addressed by Bowles! Brenos stupid penalty too, took us out of FG range. I'm sure Bowles like tough, but NOT STUPID. 

Brenos push instead of running over a player and the absolutely ridiculous roughing the passer call on Coples on his sack of Luck were horrible calls.  Two PF calls suck but not the same as 4.  

Archived