It's time for a change

Smo0v3mik3

And that Geno was outplaying Fitz by every report up until getting punched out?  That he was the starting QB of this team except for an injury?

Have no fear then, mate, if Geno is all that, the job will be his after the bye, and the worst record he can inherit is 2-2.

We'll see where he take us then, right?

Be honest, you're rooting for a big Jets loss and Fitz-implosion next Sunday, right?

Yeah, you are.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He didnt play the week before Miami at home.  That game was there for the taking and Rex decided he was going to show Idzik for making him play Geno.  Geno went on to play 4 really good games after that.  Not just one.  And Decker was injured early, was healthier at the end, helping to show that maybe Geno needed help, wasnt all on him

He didn't play in the 38-3 game?

He also got benched in the Bills home game, 3 INTs in like 10 plays, and i remember one of those INTs was on a throw to Decker.

I just don't see Geno being productive against good defenses. I'd hate to see him play QB against Buffalo this year.

Have no fear then, mate, if Geno is all that, the job will be his after the bye, and the worst record he can inherit is 2-2.

We'll see where he take us then, right?

Be honest, you're rooting for a big Jets loss and Fitz-implosion next Sunday, right?

Yeah, you are.

WTF is your problem?  GFY with all your negative, flip it on me that Fitz sucked today shlt.  I want a QB who can play.  Today Fitz wasnt it.  He gets another week, if hes as bad as today hes on the bench.  Bet on it.  The rest is you trying to stroke yourself

In Both Decker and Marshall careers, they've proven that they can assist any QB with getting the ball to them. Decker made Tebow look better than what he was and Look at what Josh McCown has been able to do after playing that one year with Marshall? 

Fitz is what he is, indeed. But obviously Geno isnt as worse as you proclaim because Fitz couldnt beat him out in the offseason for the Job on top of the fact that you havent seen him in the offense. Thats purely opinion based on his rookie and 2nd year which you've decided not to take into account as him being "new to the league and learning". And whether you want to acknowledge it or not (doesnt really matter) Geno Smith has potential upside, something that Fitz clearly doesnt have since he's now on the back end of his career. 

These are things that have been said dozens of times. You can definitely disagree but all the "This isnt even a discussion" part, especially after what you just seen from Ryan Fitzpatrick (which is what he's always done) makes me not take that statement serious at all. 

Decker had 346 yards in 11 games with Tebow, the remainder of his yards that season were with Orton at QB --> http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DeckEr00/gamelog/2011/

You can't overcome sh*tty QB play. There is a reason why the Jets haven't had a WR go for 1000 since 07.

If Geno was better than Fitz, he'd be back in the lineup the moment he returned.

In the part that made the coaching staff pick him as their starter.  

But keep denying it or telling us why they were wrong doing it.  They did

Starter for the first 10 days of camp? I'm not denying anything, i just don't think it Means anything. If they named him starter after 3 pre-season games, you'd have a point. Matt Flynn was the Seahawks starter at the start of the 2012 offseason, these things aren't set in stone.

Personally, i don't see a piece of sh*t QB like Geno Smith being an upgrade on Fitz. They both suck, but if i'm picking my poison i'd rather have Fitz.

Starter for the first 10 days of camp? I'm not denying anything, i just don't think it Means anything. If they named him starter after 3 pre-season games, you'd have a point. Matt Flynn was the Seahawks starter at the start of the 2012 offseason, these things aren't set in stone.

Personally, i don't see a piece of sh*t QB like Geno Smith being an upgrade on Fitz. They both suck, but if i'm picking my poison i'd rather have Fitz.

wow

Decker had 346 yards in 11 games with Tebow, the remainder of his yards that season were with Orton at QB --> http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DeckEr00/gamelog/2011/

You can't overcome sh*tty QB play. There is a reason why the Jets haven't had a WR go for 1000 since 07.

If Geno was better than Fitz, he'd be back in the lineup the moment he returned.

Technically could still be.  The guy just started practicing when?.. Wednesday?  No way he could pick up a new offense with 3 days of practice with the scout team.  First step is hearing Geno taking at least some reps with the 1s.  

Technically could still be.  The guy just started practicing when?.. Wednesday?  No way he could pick up a new offense with 3 days of practice with the scout team.  First step is hearing Geno taking at least some reps with the 1s.  

That's fair.

But the guys in this thread want him to start NOW.

Yes, we don't know if he was ready.  He probably wasn't...My guess is as soon as he is ready he'll be starting.

That's fair.

But the guys in this thread want him to start NOW.

I'm one of 'em.  Sadly coulda been caused by the frustration of seeing Fitz suck and throw away a very winnable game, combined with hearing Bowles say Fitz is still the starter, but if Geno needs the time to get ready... so be it.  He better be ready when he takes the field cause 10s of thousands will be waiting to tear him apart.

I'm one of 'em.  Sadly could be the frustration of see Fitz suck and throw away a very winnable game, combined with hearing Bowles say Fitz is still the starter, but if Geno needs the time to get ready... so be it.  He better be ready when he takes the field cause 10s of thousands will be waiting to tear him apart.

10s of thousands, including those on his own team.

Brandon Marshall used to scream at Cutler on the sidelines, i wonder what he would do when Geno has one of his 'bad days'. Scary to think about. 

10s of thousands, including those on his own team.

Brandon Marshall used to scream at Cutler on the sidelines, i wonder what he would do when Geno has one of his 'bad days'. Scary to think about. 

Marshall likes Geno.  Plus it's also obvious what he thinks of Fitz.  When your #1 feels the need to start lateraling the ball because he's afraid it may be a while before the next completion, ya got issues at QB.

Geno Smith, season savior, eh? :lol:

Whelp, had to know the Geno Obsessives would come out the second Fitz failed in any way, and Fitz gave them plenty of ammo today with which to shoot him.

Bowles seems like a "do what he thinks is best, period" kinda guy, so if he thinks Geno is better, he'll start Geno I believe.

I expect Geno to fail, horribly, for a third year in a row, but who knows.  I've been wrong before.

you certainly have.

Marshall likes Geno.  Plus it's also obvious what he thinks of Fitz.  When your #1 feels the need to start lateraling the ball because he's afraid it may be a while before the next completion, ya got issues at QB.

You should buy a book about football and read it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last night I wrote a post about Fitz/Geno. I like Fitz. But the guy is clearly limited. We can look past it when our defense creates 5 turnovers and we win, but when we need to come back and need that quick strike.. Fitz is not that guy.

Everyone hates Geno.. I get it. Geno has looked good in camp before.. I get that. But all reports had Geno clicking this summer. New offense. New weapons. If Fitz can't get it done in London, I will not be opposed to a change.

You should buy a book about football and read it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did.  Rex Ryan's "Play Like You Mean It".  With accompanying "feminine feet of the South" calendar.  (Package deal on Amazon.)

But yeah, other than that, have played and watched for quite a while.  This isn't tough to see.

Fitz is what he is, we know he is just as likely to throw an INT as he is a TD.

Geno is worse though. At least Fitz can get the ball to Decker and Marshall.

Fitz is and always was an interception machine.  Saw this many times when he came in with the Bills to play the Jets.  Don't expect anything to change. Thank god he hasn't fumbled yet.

Turn the page.

Fitz is and always was an interception machine.  Saw this many times when he came in with the Bills to play the Jets.  Don't expect anything to change. Thank god he hasn't fumbled yet.

Turn the page.

21 INT + 8 Fumbles in 16 starts

13 INT + 8 Fumbles in 13 starts

Sadly, that is our alternative.

We're going to war with an "interception machine" regardless of who we start.

If they're both turning the ball over, might as well go with the younger guy who has an arm. I know you disagree, but Fitz has had one good half (2nd vs Cle) all season

2-1 with fitz, 1-2 with geno. How quickly we forget geno is the worst qb in league two years running. If we move from fitz better off starting petty. Geno is NFL version of Nuke Laloosh

2-1 with fitz, 1-2 with geno. How quickly we forget geno is the worst qb in league two years running. If we move from fitz better off starting petty. Geno is NFL version of Nuke Laloosh

I can give negative reps all night long.

Glad you hate geno, but giving negative rep is a pussy move, my friend.

One Int today was clearly on Marshall and the other was a deflected pass.  I find it a stretch going from that to "interception machine" with Fitz.  The bottom line is we had no running attack and Fitz isn't an elite enough talent to put the team on his back and win games.  

The one dimension I would have liked to have seen with Geno out there today is his running. Watching the game it felt to me like there was alot of space to scramble and that is a clear advantage Geno has over Fitz...

Nice that the Geno fan club has a place to wave their pom poms and demand that Todd Bowles get himself fired by replacing a competent NFL QB with, statistically the worst NFL QB the past two seasons and arguably the worst garbage ever to wear a Jet uniform

you mean Bowles who gave the job to Geno early on knowing how bad fitz sucks and only went to fitz out of last resort-today we saw what fitz is and why he cant stick on a team

Archived