Rex Ryan thread, week 4 edition

Bruce Harper

You are definitely my favorite Bills fan.  You are a glass-half-full type of person and I like it.

Poor @SweetLee83 puts in over a decade and you turn on him?

Glass half full people can't hold their liquor and don't drink nearly enough.

I am the most miserable **** you will ever meet and I am at best a welterweight in the drinking department

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saw this

by Adam Schefter/ESPN   Percy Harvin increasingly frustrated w/ hip + knee injuries expected to sideline him indefinitely, per sources. Not considering retirement.

Makes more sense than passport issues, thanks.

But retirement?  Why would he be thinking retirement?

Which for a team that has enjoyed as much prosperity as the Bills have the last 15 years is completely unacceptable!

They were 9-7 last year and had the # 4 defense in the NFL.  They added several key pieces to their offense.  Regression to a .500 or sub-.500 team was not supposed to be in the cards for this team.

They also have 2 games against the Jets, are @ New England, @ Philly, and face the Cowboys with Romo and Dez healthy in the 2nd half.  If they fail to beat Jacksonville AND Miami they're likely toast in the playoff hunt.

Makes more sense than passport issues, thanks.

But retirement?  Why would he be thinking retirement?

Apparently because of his hip injury.  It sounds like it's much worse that just an injury that will heal.  Whether he retires (completely) or not,  it strongly appears that he won't be playing football again.

Here's another article

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2581630-percy-harvin-reportedly-considering-retirement-after-hip-injury

Apparently because of his hip injury.  It sounds like it's much worse that just an injury that will heal.  Whether he retires (completely) or not,  it strongly appears that he won't be playing football again.

Here's another article

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2581630-percy-harvin-reportedly-considering-retirement-after-hip-injury

Wow, thanks for the link, didnt realize he was hurt that badly.  Thought he just tweaked something.  I actually don't root for injuries to any player, hate hearing that kind of news.  Well maybe Brady..lol

ian r just reported on NFL network that this is about the hip, and it goes back to his florida days, and he just wants to figure it out. 

he also reported the bills are calling it "personal" to try to make sure if he retires they can get back money owed in his contract

ian r just reported on NFL network that this is about the hip, and it goes back to his florida days, and he just wants to figure it out. 

he also reported the bills are calling it "personal" to try to make sure if he retires they can get back money owed in his contract

Wow stay classy Buffalo!!!

Really, if true that a scumbag move.  

Either way, he sounds like another happy camper in club buffalo 

Really, if true that a scumbag move.  

Either way, he sounds like another happy camper in club buffalo 

Why would it be a scumbag move for Buffalo?  He didn't do much for us.

Wow, thanks for the link, didnt realize he was hurt that badly.  Thought he just tweaked something.  I actually don't root for injuries to any player, hate hearing that kind of news.  Well maybe Brady..lol

Yes,  I am with you.  I don't root for any injuries either.  

Harvin wants the Bills to cut him so he can go play for the Jaguars and smoke weed with his crew 24/7.

they may get into a contract dispute over his injury.  he may try to shoot his way out by being a distraction.  hee hee

Why would it be a scumbag move for Buffalo?  He didn't do much for us.

trying to turn a physical injury to personal reasons to try and avoid paying the money an injured player is entitled to?  That's pretty shltty.      

trying to turn a physical injury to personal reasons to try and avoid paying the money an injured player is entitled to?  That's pretty shltty.      

That would be pretty bad if that is what is happening.  The truth is that Harvin has suffered from this hip injury since 2013.  He also has a history of other injuries.  

Here's the article:  https://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/10/22/bills-harvin-contemplating-retirement/

Harvin also didn't play in any of the Bills preseason games due to a hip injury.

I don't think the Bills are dodging anything here.  Hrvin came here with a bad hip,  contributed to 5 games,  got paid for his 5 games,  doesn't think he will play or no longer wants to play.  The Bills shouldn't be held accountable for anything more than the 5 games he played. 

That would be pretty bad if that is what is happening.  The truth is that Harvin has suffered from this hip injury since 2013.  He also has a history of other injuries.  

Here's the article:  https://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/10/22/bills-harvin-contemplating-retirement/

Harvin also didn't play in any of the Bills preseason games due to a hip injury.

I don't think the Bills are dodging anything here.  Hrvin came here with a bad hip,  contributed to 5 games,  got paid for his 5 games,  doesn't think he will play or no longer wants to play.  The Bills shouldn't be held accountable for anything more than the 5 games he played. 

the article you gave me said that the Bills were trying to avoid an injury settlement by putting down to personal reasons.

we're in week 8, I'm thinking he's owed the whole season.  He may have come to you with a bad hip but the Bills knew about it.  And signed him anyway.  They owe him.

the article you gave me said that the Bills were trying to avoid an injury settlement by putting down to personal reasons.

we're in week 8, I'm thinking he's owed the whole season.  He may have come to you with a bad hip but the Bills knew about it.  And signed him anyway.  They owe him.

We are in week 8 but he only played 5 games.  He also came to us with the understanding that he was going to play.  Now,  it seems like he no longer "wants" to play due to his injury.

We are in week 8 but he only played 5 games.  He also came to us with the understanding that he was going to play.  Now,  it seems like he no longer "wants" to play due to his injury.

They're going into week 8, no ones played more than 7 games, the Bills have played 6.  He's played 5 of those 6 games.  He's no different than Decker here or Ivory etc.  Either way, they signed a player with an existing condition and you're blaming the player.  Rex was well aware of what he was getting, he coached Harvin last season.  They took a chance and may have lost.  

They're going into week 8, no ones played more than 7 games, the Bills have played 6.  He's played 5 of those 6 games.  He's no different than Decker here or Ivory etc.  Either way, they signed a player with an existing condition and you're blaming the player.  Rex was well aware of what he was getting, he coached Harvin last season.  They took a chance and may have lost.  

He's played with a hip injury on and off since 2013.  The Bills hired him to play football,  he agreed to play football.  It is now is decision to no longer play football and the Bills should only be obligated to pay for the games he played.

He's played with a hip injury on and off since 2013.  The Bills hired him to play football,  he agreed to play football.  It is now is decision to no longer play football and the Bills should only be obligated to pay for the games he played.

I don't understand what you're trying to prove.  It's not that he doesn't want to play, he can't.  

You need to stop making a case for the Bills every time.  Players get injured.  They can't fulfill the terms of the deal.  They get paid.  Blame your GM and HC, they rolled the dice and if he doesn't get better, lost.  Hiring him to play football is pointless.  

LOL - I'm not a reformed alcoholic -  I really never drank - mayb 1-2 drinks a year to be social.

I don't understand what you're trying to prove.  It's not that he doesn't want to play, he can't.  

You need to stop making a case for the Bills every time.  Players get injured.  They can't fulfill the terms of the deal.  They get paid.  Blame your GM and HC, they rolled the dice and if he doesn't get better, lost.  Hiring him to play football is pointless.  

It's not just theinjury - there's more to it.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13952099/buffalo-bills-general-manager-says-percy-harvin-told-team-last-week-needed-take-some

He's injured, been injured for years, is frustrated due to injuries, physically can't play, says not one word about anything other than he's injured and the GM with egg on his face who's trying to get out of paying Harvin hints there's more to it.  Throwing his player under the bus.

Even if there were something more why doesn't he STFU about it t?  sounds like a fine organization, trying to save face  

He's injured, been injured for years, is frustrated due to injuries, physically can't play, says not one word about anything other than he's injured and the GM with egg on his face who's trying to get out of paying Harvin hints there's more to it.  Throwing his player under the bus.

Even if there were something more why doesn't he STFU about it t?  sounds like a fine organization, trying to save face  

Instead of jumping to conclusions and using this as another opportunity to criticize the Bills,  why don't we wait and get the whole story.  Rex has been saying right along that it's more than a hip injury. There are personal reasons.  Also,  we don't know the full details of his contract.

Instead of jumping to conclusions and using this as another opportunity to criticize the Bills,  why don't we wait and get the whole story.  Rex has been saying right along that it's more than a hip injury. There are personal reasons.  Also,  we don't know the full details of his contract.

You mean the way you jumped to concluding that Harvin is to blame, shouldn't be paid because he was signed to play football and has only played 5 of 6 games?  You keep saying he's been injured for years but out of the other side of your mouth blame him for his injuries and frustrations for being injured.  Don't need details of his contract, if he's injured he gets paid this season.    

You mean the way you jumped to concluding that Harvin is to blame, shouldn't be paid because he was signed to play football and has only played 5 of 6 games?  You keep saying he's been injured for years but out of the other side of your mouth blame him for his injuries and frustrations for being injured.  Don't need details of his contract, if he's injured he gets paid this season.    

So let me get this straight.  According to your rules,  understanding or post.  A player signs up to play football for a full season.  After the 3rd game,  he decides that he needs some time off for personal reasons that are not necessarily injury related.    He should be paid for the full season?  Is this what you are saying?    When does disability insurance respond?

So let me get this straight.  According to your rules,  understanding or post.  A player signs up to play football for a full season.  After the 3rd game,  he decides that he needs some time off for personal reasons that are not necessarily injury related.    He should be paid for the full season?  Is this what you are saying?    When does disability insurance respond?

there is nothing in any of the articles you posted that says he didn't play due to personal issues.  Everyone talks about his bad knee and more.  From his mouth and others admit he's injured..  Except for the guy who doesn't want to pay him.  Yes, if injured he will be paid.  As he should. 

I'm not looking to absolve the Bills, but if you are going to claim that he has "been injured for years"  how can you say "he physically can't play"?  He is on a pace for better numbers than last year and probably as good or better than 2013. 

Archived