Philbin fired

lawyers guns and money

philbin seems like a very smart and classy guy, but his team just didn't play hard for him.  I watched most of the first half again tonight.  This will be a very different team later in the year.  50% of the team was just going through the motions

Suh was barely even trying to make it look good

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

philbin seems like a very smart and classy guy, but his team just didn't play hard for him.  I watched most of the first half again tonight.  This will be a very different team later in the year.  50% of the team was just going through the motions

Suh was barely even trying to make it look good

Larz:  I think you're right about the team not playing for Philbin.  I think they were fed up with the lousy calls and losses.   Although Suh denied it,  I understand that he was doing his own thing on the field.

Larz:  I think you're right about the team not playing for Philbin.  I think they were fed up with the lousy calls and losses.   Although Suh denied it,  I understand that he was doing his own thing on the field.

I Give Buffalo players about 3 weeks to do same for Fat Boy the bloviator. 

Most of us wanted a fresh start and were pegging Rex or Quinn as the man to lead us. Rex especially since we hired Tannebaum. It was a huge let down once it was decided Philbin would stay this year but as the off-season went on there was growing optimism with the addition of Suh and a revamped WR corp built to Tannehill's skill set, that not even Joe's bad coaching would hold us back.  I think we as a fan base totally over estimated the talent on this team.  We saw a sexy name like Suh and thought everything was now fixed lol

On the bright side, it looks like Ted Ginn Jr is finally coming good.

Most of us wanted a fresh start and were pegging Rex or Quinn as the man to lead us. Rex especially since we hired Tannebaum. It was a huge let down once it was decided Philbin would stay this year but as the off-season went on there was growing optimism with the addition of Suh and a revamped WR corp built to Tannehill's skill set, that not even Joe's bad coaching would hold us back.  I think we as a fan base totally over estimated the talent on this team.  We saw a sexy name like Suh and thought everything was now fixed lol

Please bottle your tears and ship them to me so I can drink them.

it's ultimately all about the qb.  Tannehill is the reason Failbin got fired and he will be the reason Campbell wont stay on as coach and he will get the next coach after that fired.

I'm not being a hater.  Tannehill is awful.

I think you guys should still be optimistic.  I know its hard to swallow atm but honestly you guys are better than what you have put on the field so far.  Listening to this Campbell dude and I know nothing about him and this is just a first impression but he seems to be a hard ass that is going to demand these guys to play above their abilities.  This is exactly what you want and its still early enough to right the ship.  I'm just happy we got a game in while Philbin was still around as a punching bag.

This made me think of Teddy KGB from Rounders - "It's a new day! And you won't be pushed around!"

That would be a great choice.  

Except I think hes another Rex.  Really good DC who cant coach.  actually hes worse, at least Rex will give a team a boost and then his inadequacies take over, Shwartz just flat out sucks

Except I think hes another Rex.  Really good DC who cant coach.  actually hes worse, at least Rex will give a team a boost and then his inadequacies take over, Shwartz just flat out sucks

What the **** you care? He'll be coaching the Dolphins. 

I'm only interested in Rob Ryan coaching the Dolphins cause it'll be funny. 

The Bills fans (including me) really liked him.  We were sorry to see him go.  However,  you know football better than me so I will lean towards your opinion on this one.  I really didn't follow Schwartz in his previous position.  

What the **** you care? He'll be coaching the Dolphins. 

I'm only interested in Rob Ryan coaching the Dolphins cause it'll be funny. 

I don't care.  Actually I pray that they hire the worst possible candidate.  To me Schwartz comes to mind.  But I do like Rob.  I'm guessing hed be a boob like his brother.  And of course 2xs a year we would get to see the two assclowns go head to head with each other.  That would be comedy gold.

We could get lucky, florida radio was talking Josh MacDaniels this morning.  You can never get enough Belicheat coaching tree fail IMO

I don't care.  Actually I pray that they hire the worst possible candidate.  To me Schwartz comes to mind.  But I do like Rob.  I'm guessing hed be a boob like his brother.  And of course 2xs a year we would get to see the two assclowns go head to head with each other.  That would be comedy gold.

We could get lucky, florida radio was talking Josh MacDaniels this morning.  You can never get enough Belicheat coaching tree fail IMO

Funny you mentioned Schwartz apparently the Dolphins reached out to him and he said that he was happy where he was at which is home sitting on his couch collecting a paycheck he was very good as a defense of coordinator but horrible as a coach remember he was the D coordinator last year for the bills.

Funny you mentioned Schwartz apparently the Dolphins reached out to him and he said that he was happy where he was at which is home sitting on his couch collecting a paycheck he was very good as a defense of coordinator but horrible as a coach remember he was the D coordinator last year for the bills.

Yup and got more out of the Bills D that the resident genius is up to now.  Only difference is Schwartz doesnt scream out that hes the best and will get the most out of his team

The Bills fans (including me) really liked him.  We were sorry to see him go.  However,  you know football better than me so I will lean towards your opinion on this one.  I really didn't follow Schwartz in his previous position.  

No, you're right, he did a really good job as your teams DC.  He was god awful in Detroit as a HC though.  

Campbell already making changes.  Just you watch, this team will end up bouncing back and finishing something like 8-8.  Then they'll let him go.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000551244/article/report-tannehill-incident-sparks-practice-changes

Report: Tannehill incident sparks practice changes

Dolphins interim head coach Dan Campbell stressed changing the team's practice habits in his introductory press conference. It appears some of those changes were inspired by an incident involving Ryan Tannehill in London last Saturday.

The National Football Post first reported that Tannehill had been getting rattled during practice sessions last week and let his frustrations out on practice squad players. 

The Miami Herald and FoxSports.com both confirmed the guts of the story, in which Tannehill became angry at a practice squad player that picked off one of his passes. Tannehill had reportedly become increasingly frustrated by his poor practice performances and the attitude of the practice squad players.

The National Football Post said Tannehill told the player: "Enjoy your practice squad paycheck, enjoy your practice squad trophy."

NFL Media's Jeff Darlington strongly disputed that Tannehill ever said anything about a paycheck. But there is no doubting that Tannehill took offense during a heated practice last Saturday. The Miami Herald reported linebacker Chris McCain did something more aggressive than usual during a Saturday walk-through, which set off the incident.

Campbell essentially addressed the situation on Monday without directly mentioning Tannehill.

"To me, the best teams that I've been a part of are the ones that, during the week, they go after each other," Campbell said. "Whether it's practice squad versus the defense. They're giving the look of practice squad versus offense, but it gets heated. And it's intense, and it's people that are fighting to win. they want to get noticed or they want to do their job. It's not just going through the motions."

Campbell is pretty clearly calling out the team's old practice methods. Fox Sports' Alex Marvez noted that many teams ask their scout team members to simulate opponent schemes rather than try to make plays on the football. The National Football Post reported that former coach Joe Philbin told the practice squad players to "take it easy" on Tannehill after weeks of intercepting him in practice in an effort not affect the quarterback's confidence.

Now Philbin is gone, and it's safe to say Campbell won't want any players taking it easy on anyone in practice.

I can see miami turning it around if they have any respect for the new guy.  If the new guy decides to run it a bunch more and to feature landry, they will be a tough team.  I think the jets got the colts and miami at the right time

Campbell already making changes.  Just you watch, this team will end up bouncing back and finishing something like 8-8.  Then they'll let him go.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000551244/article/report-tannehill-incident-sparks-practice-changes

Report: Tannehill incident sparks practice changes

Dolphins interim head coach Dan Campbell stressed changing the team's practice habits in his introductory press conference. It appears some of those changes were inspired by an incident involving Ryan Tannehill in London last Saturday.

The National Football Post first reported that Tannehill had been getting rattled during practice sessions last week and let his frustrations out on practice squad players. 

The Miami Herald and FoxSports.com both confirmed the guts of the story, in which Tannehill became angry at a practice squad player that picked off one of his passes. Tannehill had reportedly become increasingly frustrated by his poor practice performances and the attitude of the practice squad players.

The National Football Post said Tannehill told the player: "Enjoy your practice squad paycheck, enjoy your practice squad trophy."

NFL Media's Jeff Darlington strongly disputed that Tannehill ever said anything about a paycheck. But there is no doubting that Tannehill took offense during a heated practice last Saturday. The Miami Herald reported linebacker Chris McCain did something more aggressive than usual during a Saturday walk-through, which set off the incident.

Campbell essentially addressed the situation on Monday without directly mentioning Tannehill.

"To me, the best teams that I've been a part of are the ones that, during the week, they go after each other," Campbell said. "Whether it's practice squad versus the defense. They're giving the look of practice squad versus offense, but it gets heated. And it's intense, and it's people that are fighting to win. they want to get noticed or they want to do their job. It's not just going through the motions."

Campbell is pretty clearly calling out the team's old practice methods. Fox Sports' Alex Marvez noted that many teams ask their scout team members to simulate opponent schemes rather than try to make plays on the football. The National Football Post reported that former coach Joe Philbin told the practice squad players to "take it easy" on Tannehill after weeks of intercepting him in practice in an effort not affect the quarterback's confidence.

Now Philbin is gone, and it's safe to say Campbell won't want any players taking it easy on anyone in practice.

Tannehill by his comments here alone show why he will never be as good as he could be.... EVER!!

Good Grief!! 

I can see miami turning it around if they have any respect for the new guy.  If the new guy decides to run it a bunch more and to feature landry, they will be a tough team.  I think the jets got the colts and miami at the right time

Another huge problem on that team is Tannenbaum.

It's as if hiring former Jet failures was a bad thing or something.  So weird.

I've been reading articles that write about Tannenbaum ridiculing his players during practice and on the field. Did he do that with the Jets?

I've been reading articles that write about Tannenbaum ridiculing his players during practice and on the field. Did he do that with the Jets?

lol.  Is that Tannehill or Tannenbaum doing that?  Mike Tannenbaum is the  Executive Vice President of Football Operations for the Dolphins and the former Jets GM.

reports out today he was asking practice squad players to go easy on Tannenhill, who is cracking under the pressure of getting picked off too many times in practice. apparently Tannenhill told one of the practice squad players "enjoy your practice squad salary and practice squad trophy" after getting picked off multiple times in practice in London.

d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-douche.

reports out today he was asking practice squad players to go easy on Tannenhill, who is cracking under the pressure of getting picked off too many times in practice. apparently Tannenhill told one of the practice squad players "enjoy your practice squad salary and practice squad trophy" after getting picked off multiple times in practice in London.

d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-douche.

Agreed.  But a douche with a good looking wife.

lol.  Is that Tannehill or Tannenbaum doing that?  Mike Tannenbaum is the  Executive Vice President of Football Operations for the Dolphins and the former Jets GM.

Oops,  thank you for the correction.  It is Tannehill -  can't believe I messed this one up.  

Thats what happens when youre raised as a spoiled pampered WR instead of as a QB.

What a baby

On a more positive note,  both the Bills and Jets have very little to worry about in their upcoming games against the Dolphins this season.

Agree.  During pre-season,  I was honestly concerned about playing them (reg. Season). 

Thought they could be tougher, didn't get the amount of buzz they were getting.  Adding Suh and his impact was overrated to me.  What has he ever won?

Thought they could be tougher, didn't get the amount of buzz they were getting.  Adding Suh and his impact was overrated to me.  What has he ever won?

I felt  a little intimidated (in terms of beating the Dolphins)  from all the rhetoric about Suh.  The preseason hype reminds me of the presidential polls.  That is you can never put any stock in what they have to say.

Archived