Sammy Watkins unhappy in Buffalo

Matt39

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now, nope.  Mike Evans should be # 2 on the list but has struggled to develop a relationship with Winston (just 13 catches on 33 targets). 

Quietly, Jarvis Landry has been the most consistent of the bunch despite being paired with a lousy QB.  Dude is a target machine, and up until he went up against Revis in London, he'd caught 5 or more passes for 12 straight games dating back to Week 8 last season.

so if the Jets could poach one of these guys you would take Landry over Beckham??  ok then

PS...... no ones star has faded more than Evans this year

The best part of this story is that Rex, instead of squashing it, goes Full Rex and says that they should throw the ball to Watkins, as if he has zero control over what happens on offense. 

"So I went up to Jeff [Weeks] and I say, boy I tell ya, we need to get it to Watkins more.  Too bad they've got that sign on the door that says 'Offensive meeting in progress:  Keep out.'  I've been meaning to ask Greg about that."

"So I went up to Jeff [Weeks] and I say, boy I tell ya, we need to get it to Watkins more.  Too bad they've got that sign on the door that says 'Offensive meeting in progress:  Keep out.'  I've been meaning to ask Greg about that."

FWIW - and not like it matters but Fitz basically said he doesnt talk to Bowles.  He's never in any of their meetings and they dont talk week to week about the game or even in the film room.  That basically Gailey goes over the game plan with Bowles and then Gailey tells Fitz what tweaks they're making or what feedback Bowles had on the game plan. Basically said Gailey is a conduit to the Head Coach.

I know everyone wants that Head Coach that is all knowing on both sides of the ball but that person doesnt exist. 

FWIW - and not like it matters but Fitz basically said he doesnt talk to Bowles.  He's never in any of their meetings and they dont talk week to week about the game or even in the film room.  That basically Gailey goes over the game plan with Bowles and then Gailey tells Fitz what tweaks they're making or what feedback Bowles had on the game plan. Basically said Gailey is a conduit to the Head Coach.

I know everyone wants that Head Coach that is all knowing on both sides of the ball but that person doesnt exist. 

That's cool and all, but Rex engineered the Shady deal and handpicked Tyrod Taylor, did he not?  Some semblance of knowledge of what you're doing is necessary if you're going to pick the players you bring in.  I get the whole idea that the HC needs to be the CEO and not necessarily involved in the day-to-day stuff.  But the best HC's are able to step in when necessary.  Bowles strikes me as the type that can do that when needed.

A player makes one comment and a thread is started here -  smh

he made a long list of stupid, selfish comments.  He should have gone to the CS to complain not the press.  And his agent.And the moron should have waited given he hasn't played.

if the HC had a pair he would get 0 targets.  But hey, tra, la, la.. 

Right now, nope.  Mike Evans should be # 2 on the list but has struggled to develop a relationship with Winston (just 13 catches on 33 targets). 

Quietly, Jarvis Landry has been the most consistent of the bunch despite being paired with a lousy QB.  Dude is a target machine, and up until he went up against Revis in London, he'd caught 5 or more passes for 12 straight games dating back to Week 8 last season.

It's a pretty amazing class... look at Robinson and Hurns in Jax too. Pretty amazing all the players that came out of that WR class, and contributed immediately, no 3-year curve.

If we deleted every post that wasn't true this board would be a barren wasteland.  The only thing that would remain would be a few hundred thousand noodle arm and compiler posts lost without their context.

Good one Dominator  :)

Apparently,  Greg Roman addressed Sammy's concern right away.  Then,  Sammy got injured and was out.   He should see a lot more targets Sunday.

That's cool and all, but Rex engineered the Shady deal and handpicked Tyrod Taylor, did he not?  Some semblance of knowledge of what you're doing is necessary if you're going to pick the players you bring in.  I get the whole idea that the HC needs to be the CEO and not necessarily involved in the day-to-day stuff.  But the best HC's are able to step in when necessary.  Bowles strikes me as the type that can do that when needed.

It sounds like Rex did step in on this one too.  

he made a long list of stupid, selfish comments.  He should have gone to the CS to complain not the press.  And his agent.And the moron should have waited given he hasn't played.

if the HC had a pair he would get 0 targets.  But hey, tra, la, la.. 

We don't agree on much Jet Nut,  but you are right here about the protocol that should have been followed.   It also appears,  based upona  tweet (I copied earlier) from Watkins to the news writer,  that some of Sammy's comments were left out.  The lack of comments made it sound like Sammy was all out for himself which apparently wasn't the case.

Today's WR insisting the QB forces the ball to him is tomorrow's WR blaming interceptions on the QB for making bad passes.

There's an apparent rift between Thyroid and Watkins. That explains Watkins' comment about Manuel playing next week. What a petty barb at the QB.

I don't think there's a rift between Tyrod and Sammy. Sammy mentions in the article,  he understands why the young QB is reticent to throw long.   He's afraid of interceptions,  not making the completion and/or plays that will eventually cause the QB to lose their job.  Sammy went on to say (to the QB):  Trust me. 

It was all over ESPN not like the Jets fans made it up

Mike Rodak is a total nitwit.  He's good at giving the Bills bad publicity.  Can't stand the man.  Another petition is going around to get him off the reporting of the Bills.

Let me guess, is that because Pegula has a lot of respect for him?

Bad reporting from Mike Rodak.  In addition,  Sammy is not unhappy here.  More like frustrated.  Have a feeling this issue will turn around as early as Sunday.  

Standard procedure for any talented, young player in the wasteland known as Buffalo. We've seen it before with guys like McGahee. All that's left for Sammy to do now is talk about how unattractive their women are

Wasteland?  This is coming from New York City?  Sammy has a beautiful girlfriend.  Doubt women are a concern to him.

Bad reporting from Mike Rodak.  In addition,  Sammy is not unhappy here.  More like frustrated.  Have a feeling this issue will turn around as early as Sunday.  

So, he's happily frustrated. Got it.

Makes perfect sense. I'm sure it'll turn around this Sunday, because I had a frontal lobotomy of my Pegula Oblogata. 

So, he's happily frustrated. Got it.

Makes perfect sense. I'm sure it'll turn around this Sunday, because I had a frontal lobotomy of my Pegula Oblogata. 

I think one can be frustrated but still like their job.    When I was in sales,  I became frustrated because of the amount of time it took to close a sale.  This didn't mean I was unhappy with my job,  

Archived