Defensive line dominance? Really didn't see it today...

joseguerrero808

Did not really see it. To be honest, the defense did nothing to impress anyone. It was almost as the same ol' jets. Any delusions of SB this year were decisively crushed today. I understand there is more ball to play, but for the afc east teams, to make it to the dance you must beat the pats three times in a season.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did not really see it. To be honest, the defense did nothing to impress anyone. It was almost as the same ol' jets. Any delusions of SB this year were decisively crushed today. I understand there is more ball to play, but for the afc east teams, to make it to the dance you must beat the pats three times in a season.

If you had those delusions in the first place, you need to be committed.

The Pats* have figured out they can neutralize any pass rush with Brady by collapsing the entire o-line to block the interior and getting it out before the edge rushers can get to Brady.

I would've like to have seen Bowles call more overload Blitzes to force Brady to throw it to Revis's side more.  That's something that Rex used to do.

Brady is a master at "quick release" and he throws the ball quickly too. The Pats neutralize the pass rush with a lot of holding, which the refs never call, and Brady throws great underneath. Should have played much more bump and run and not allow the under stuff. That's all this guy really has, but he does it every game, so.....

Brady is a master at "quick release" and he throws the ball quickly too. The Pats neutralize the pass rush with a lot of holding, which the refs never call, and Brady throws great underneath. Should have played much more bump and run and not allow the under stuff. That's all this guy really has, but he does it every game, so.....

We got beat by a good team. That simple.  The JETS are for real and we need a bit more. 

We will get there.

Our defensive line e has been overrated greatly for at least 3 years. From the. Jag snacks down.

Everyone knew we were going to get owned this game. We should have lost by 35 points if the pats receivers were used to catching properly inlfated balls.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

they are dominate at stopping the run and pushing the pocket. lets not confuse what the jets have with pass rushing. the jets don't have a pass rusher on the team. they have 3-4 second pocket collapsers in a 2 second game. bowles needed to blitz up the middle. he didn't do it

Grant the holding thing. But Brady when it mattered in the 2nd half was untouched. And further Wilkerson needs STFU about his contract until he makes that pick 6. Oh, you're the best Dl in the NFL? Really? Because when it mattered today you didn't do dick.

Its pretty hard to dominate when the Oline is literally allowed to tackle our Dline on every play without it getting called. I am not even exaggerating there were at least 15 times where it was BLATANT, not even, eh, you could call holding there, BLATANT, like an Oline man getting tackled, or pulled down by his collar, or pulled from behind by an Olineman.

The Pats are a good team, but they play by a different set of rules, its complete BS

Pats DL dominated.

Ivory had 41 yards and had to earn every inch. Fitzy was under pressure all day.

Finished tackles after first contact were great. Usually the part where Ivory is best to break them and gain a few extra yards

Williams has kind if sucked this year tbh,

This is insane. He has been borderline dominant in the majority of the games that he has played in this year. He is seeing less playing time since the return of Sheldon Richardson.

As to the topic: It's very hard to dominate when the quarterback is releasing the football within 2 seconds of the hike.

This is insane. He has been borderline dominant in the majority of the games that he has played in this year. He is seeing less playing time since the return of Sheldon Richardson.

As to the topic: It's very hard to dominate when the quarterback is releasing the football within 2 seconds of the hike.

He's a rookie too.

He's ok I guess. Just not very explosive...the best player in the draft talk was laughable. Losing out on Cooper sucks terribly.

We got beat by a good team. That simple.  The JETS are for real and we need a bit more. 

We will get there.

I agree. It's just one loss. Jets are 4-2 and head out west for game against a Raiders team that is kicking SD's butt. What bothers me are the mental errors made by Bowles. He didn't seem very well prepared for a hurry up offense at the end of the first half and did not adjust well to the underneath stuff the Patriots live on. Could have been a better result, but we will get there.

I agree. It's just one loss. Jets are 4-2 and head out west for game against a Raiders team that is kicking SD's butt. What bothers me are the mental errors made by Bowles. He didn't seem very well prepared for a hurry up offense at the end of the first half and did not adjust well to the underneath stuff the Patriots live on. Could have been a better result, but we will get there.

This is his first time seeing New England as a HC.

This is his first time seeing New England as a HC.

In Charlotte, at our club, when you have 50 screaming fans calling for a timeout under 2 minutes, it seems pretty basic.  A fe wcalls down the stretch were very REX like. SMH. BUT...  Bowles gets my support and the benefit of the doubt.

And he got worse against them.

He's 1 and 0 in playoffs against the Pats at Foxboro..:) See here's the thing I wouldn't trade Mac and Bowles for a barrel full of Rex and Tanny's I just hate excuses.. I try to be fair no matter who did what and most fans are not..

Archived