Defensive line dominance? Really didn't see it today...

joseguerrero808

He's 1 and 0 in playoffs against the Pats at home..:) See here's the thing I wouldn't trade Mac and Bowles for a barrel full of Rex and Tanny's I just hate excuses.. I try to be fair no matter who did what and most fans are not..

Buffalo fans are ready to tar and feather him.  He is who MOST of us think he is. An over rated DC. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In  fairness...if REX were coach, I would have been livid today. our D looked very REX like with 5 minutes to go. In fact, our offense looked REX like.

You can blame the coach all you want, but it's what Brady does to EVERYONE with 5 minutes left.  You need to be up two scores with 5 minutes left if you ant to beat that team.

It was game over on the Marshall drop, Jets needed 7 there.  He catches that ball maybe they have a shot but 3 there was almost meaningless.

The Pats* have figured out they can neutralize any pass rush with Brady by collapsing the entire o-line to block the interior and getting it out before the edge rushers can get to Brady.

I would've like to have seen Bowles call more overload Blitzes to force Brady to throw it to Revis's side more.  That's something that Rex used to do.

Also, holding. Lots of holding, because the league can't call it as often as they do it, the games would exceed the time slot.

considering it happened on the 2nd play of the game and only resulted in 3 points. it is far from "the difference" in the game

Pretty weak, look beyond the scope.

Both teams left points on the field with drops, etc and no one play really decides a game like that.

When a game is that back and forth the effects a turnover has grows astronomically, especially when it leads directly to points on a short field which also was in NE's favor a majority of the game.

As I said before the game, the Pats can put anyone on that line and win the match up, any scrub. When you can hold the entire game, you win. Its that simple. 

They can make anyone look good behind center while they get away with that also. Look how quick their scrub backup QBs get picked up after they had a good game or two with the Patriots...what happens to them when they get thrown in a starter position on another team?

Pretty weak, look beyond the scope.

Both teams left points on the field with drops, etc and no one play really decides a game like that.

When a game is that back and forth the effects a turnover has grows astronomically, especially when it leads directly to points on a short field which also was in NE's favor a majority of the game.

ok??

Pats DL dominated.

Ivory had 41 yards and had to earn every inch. Fitzy was under pressure all day.

That's funny, they never sacked him. Hit yes, but we hit Tommy boy more. Your Dline is average, you needed Chung in the box jerko. Try paying attention.

The fact is the defense did not adjust.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

th real fact is you don't know what you were looking act.  

Skrines injury and missed snaps changes what they can and can't do.  

Brady was sacked wince as many times in this game than he was in the other 5 games combined

Pats could not run the ball against the Dline

youre not impressed.  Of course

Pats DL dominated.

Ivory had 41 yards and had to earn every inch. Fitzy was under pressure all day.

yeah, easy to "dominate" a RB when he's playing hurt.

fitz wasn't pressured any more than any other QB is in a game.  You won, barely, get over the rest of the nonsense.

yeah, easy to "dominate" a RB when he's playing hurt.

fitz wasn't pressured any more than any other QB is in a game.  You won, barely, get over the rest of the nonsense.

just stop, there was no barely about it. The jets lost, a lot of batted balls back at fitz..and all the talk about the weak pats oline, and the jets dline didn't eat like you wanted. The one time you all out rush Brady, he made you pay for it...

i hate the what if game, but as much as Marshall dropped a pass, let's not forget the one Edelman drop in the end zone on Revis too. I' m all good with given the jets props...but the majority of this fan base looks for excuses....it's a damn shame too because this jets team is really solid.

th real fact is you don't know what you were looking act.  

Skrines injury and missed snaps changes what they can and can't do.  

Brady was sacked wince as many times in this game than he was in the other 5 games combined

Pats could not run the ball against the Dline

youre not impressed.  Of course

You have your opinion and i have mine.

RE: holding-  Basically every team commits holding on every passing play.

Rule 12 (Player Conduct), Section 1 (Blocking, Use of Hands and Arms), Article 3 (Illegal Block by an Offensive Player)

It is a foul if an offensive blocker:

c) Use his hands or arms to materially restrict an opponent or alter the defender’s path or angle of pursuit. It is a foul regardless of whether the blocker’s hands are inside or outside the frame of the defender’s body. Material restrictions include but are not limited to:

1. grabbing or tackling an opponent;
  2. hooking, jerking, twisting, or turning him; or
  3. pulling him to the ground.

As written, it should be called on every play, but isn't.  That is just the reality of the NFL.  Offensive linemen constantly "use [their] hands or arms to materially restrict an opponent".  We can't pretend only one team is doing something special that no one else is.

edit: rulebook link- http://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2015-nfl-rulebook/#section-1-blocking,-use-of-hands-and-arms

to make it to the dance you must beat the pats three times in a season.

That's actually not true. And I don't think the Pats beat our Jets 3 times this year.  

Our D line smothered the Pats run - and our running game was literally limping. Our offense hung tough with arguably its most important component hurt the whole game.  We have what looks like 4 winnable games in a row, expecting a record of 7-3 would be reasonable. So even though we came up short today there is A LOT of football left to be played. Jets are in good shape. 

That's actually not true. And I don't think the Pats beat our Jets 3 times this year.  

Our D line smothered the Pats run - and our running game was literally limping. Our offense hung tough with arguably its most important component hurt the whole game.  We have what looks like 4 winnable games in a row, expecting a record of 7-3 would be reasonable. So even though we came up short today there is A LOT of football left to be played. Jets are in good shape. 

I agree they're in good shape. I just don't think the d line really dominated today and by that i mean being able to stop both pass and run. To be dominant, in my opinion, the two are imperative.

Archived