Nick Mangold, Buster Skrine, Calvin Pryor | Jets injury update after loss to New England Patriots

Jetfan13

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. — The Jets had a handful of injuries in their 30-23 loss to the Patriots on Sunday at Gillette Stadium. A quick report on where they stand with those injuries:

Center Nick Mangold. Mangold left the game with exactly one minute to play after he appeared to get hit in the head in a collision with Pats linebacker Jamie Collins. Bowles said Mangold had to get neck X-rays. Mangold was seen in the locker room getting dressed as if everything were fine—though that's no indication everything is fine with him—and ESPN's Rich Cimini later reported seeing him leaving the locker room while wearing a neck brace. Mangold, who was replaced by Dakota Dozier, a fourth-round pick last year, has missed just three starts in his NFL career.

Safety Calvin Pryor. Pryor hurt his ankle on the third play of the third quarter after Pats tight end Scott Chandler caught a 26-yard pass on him. He did not return to the game, though he did jog out of the locker room to re-join his teammates on the sideline before walking back to the locker room just before the end of the game.

Cornerback Buster Skrine. Skrine laid a big, clean hit on Patriots receiver Julian Edelman in the second quarter, and he left the game with a right shoulder injury after it happened. Skrine later returned to the game, but he was seen in the locker room with his shoulder taped and his left hand in a heavy wrap that covered his pinky and ring fingers.

Defensive end Sheldon Richardson. Richardson left the game briefly in the fourth quarter with what appeared to be an injury to his left arm, though he later returned and showed no signs of being hurt in the locker room.

Wide receiver Devin Smith. Smith's injury status is not known, but he was seen limping badly in the locker room after the game.

The New York Daily News' Manish Mehta reports X-rays on Jets C Nick Mangold's neck came back negative.

Mangold will have further tests today, but it is great news he has escaped without any broken bones. Mangold was hurt late in the fourth quarter against the Patriots and was spotted in a neck brace after the game. His status for Week 8 is still uncertain.

I didn't see Devin Smith get hurt...??

Happened in the locker room after the game. One of the coaches tried tossing him a bottle of water, decent toss too, and as it was in the air for absolutely no reason he ran behind someone and tried leaping over the back of that person to catch the bottle. Took a nasty tumble.

Hopefully not the dreaded high ankle sprain...

Actually, who would have predicted before the start of the season that Pryor is a big positive part of our defense, who will be missed?

Definitely not me. I had almost all but written him off after seeing him take the wrong angle and dive head first into the ground 100 times last year. I'm proud to say I was really wrong.

it was the most important 3rd down of the year and instead of a short route to Marshall or Decker it was a bomb to a rookie who still hasn't connected on one. Not a good call.

Agreed. It was 1 of the few bad decisions by Fitz, especially when we could see that Decker was wide open on the out.

Archived