Owusu injured again Ivory questionable for Sunday

joewilly12

Jets WR Chris Owusu is in the league's concussion protocol.

He's had multiple brain injuries, and coach Todd Bowles admitted it's "very concerning." Deep-threat Owusu can be considered week-to-week

Chris Ivory (quad) is not practicing Wednesday.

Ivory played through the injury last week, but we've seen this with him before. He missed Week 3 with a minor injury before wrecking the Dolphins in Week 4. If Ivory is unable to play, Bilal Powell, Zac Stacy, and Stevan Ridley will handle backfield duties for the Jets. Stacy would probably be the favorite to start, but carries would likely be split between the three backs.

If I have to watch an entire game of Zach Stacy running the Football, I'm literally going to blow my brains out.

What's up with Ridley?  Is he healthy can he play? 

And Powell?  Is he healthy yet? 

**** Zach Stacy.  He looks like he's dragging a 18-wheeler behind him when he runs. 

If I have to watch an entire game of Zach Stacy running the Football, I'm literally going to blow my brains out.

**** Zach Stacy.  He looks like he's dragging a 18-wheeler behind him when he runs. 

I agree with you - somehow I thought Stacy looked good in the preseason.  But he's looked amazingly slow and un-dynamic playing now.

Hopefully Ridley will be ready this week - we can definitely use him!

I'm definitely concerned about Ivory and his lingering soft-tissue injuries...

Oh - and WRT Owusu - he's a smart guy.  I hate to say it, but he should probably hang it up.  It's not worth the risk for him, and it's not worth the risk for the Jets to keep a guy that's injured every other week.

I wonder why we haven't resigned Shaq Evans to the PS (did he really suck that bad?); where is T.J. Graham when you need him?   It is obvious we need help at receiver...  I had my doubts on Owusu all along; not because of his ability on the field but his ability to STAY on the field.    

I wonder why we haven't resigned Shaq Evans to the PS (did he really suck that bad?); where is T.J. Graham when you need him?   It is obvious we need help at receiver...  I had my doubts on Owusu all along; not because of his ability on the field but his ability to STAY on the field.    

Sunday we get to see our buddy Walt Powell playing for the Raiders we should have kept him and let Owusu go..

I am not sure how they are going to play Ridley.  AFAIK he is not even on roster yet. 

He is not. And it's a big squeeze with Pryor, Mangold, Skrine, Ivory, Powell, etc. all banged up. Not much wiggle room on the roster. WR should be fine with Kerley and Thompkins. RB depth is a concern, but Raiders are much worse against the pass. Air Raid Fitzmagic!

Sunday we get to see our buddy Walt Powell playing for the Raiders we should have kept him and let Owusu go..

To this day I don't understand why he was cut.  He played lights out in the last few preseason games and added a real big play dimension on special teams. 

Time to cut bait with Owusu. I'm sure he's a nice kid & he went to Stanford so he shouldn't have a problem getting a new job. Roster spots are precious on this Jets team now.

Time to get Thompkins going. Devin Smith needs to step up. 

To this day I don't understand why he was cut.  He played lights out in the last few preseason games and added a real big play dimension on special teams. 

Because he is not as good?  Powell sat around on the practice squads of the Jets and Bills before the Raiders finally bit a couple of weeks ago.  Pretty sure that he still hasn't played. 

Time to cut bait with Owusu. I'm sure he's a nice kid & he went to Stanford so he shouldn't have a problem getting a new job. Roster spots are precious on this Jets team now.

Time to get Thompkins going. Devin Smith needs to step up. 

He should talk to Toon and Wayne what too many concussions can do..

Because he is not as good?  Powell sat around on the practice squads of the Jets and Bills before the Raiders finally bit a couple of weeks ago.  Pretty sure that he still hasn't played. 

well lets see if he gets on the field this Sunday against us.  As you know, sometimes you need an opportunity to show what you can do.  Practice doesn't count. 

What about Powell? Every time he has the ball and meets a tackler they fall to the ground like long lost lovers.

i really wish they would put Owusu on IR and spend the next 4 months talking to him about why he should retire.

Seriously the guy is too smart to do this to himself.  that's 6 concussions this guy has had.  and that's only the diagnosed ones. 

Sadly I agree. The kid has talent but will never last and is not worth a roster spot. IR him and pick up a speedster for kick returns.

Sadly I agree. The kid has talent but will never last and is not worth a roster spot. IR him and pick up a speedster for kick returns.

he can't make it thru 2-3 games.   if you cut him there is a chance he gets picked up by someone.  put him on IR and save him from himself.

Stop panicking

Updating a previous item, Chris Ivory (quad) is practicing in full for Week 8.

Early reports had Ivory missing Wednesday's practice. He's now on track to play this week. Even at less than 100 percent, Ivory is an RB2 against the Raiders.

With or without Ivory we lack adequate depth a healthy Ivory or a decent backup we win that game Sunday vs the Patriots 

Archived