Pats fans: not mad

dbatesman

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's not the point.

The point is many other teams have lost draft picks.

And many more teams will lose them in the future.

Not for organization cheating, circumventing on field rules to gain an unfair playing advantage.  You know, cheating

Those violations are exclusive to only one organization in the history of the NFL.

No matter how many violations by others you try to make into cheating violations, theyre not

No matter how many violations by others you try to make into cheating violations, theyre not

So when the Broncos intentionally circumvented the salary cap, allowing them to win 2 Super Bowl titles, that was not cheating?

There is no way in hell the Broncos win 2 Super Bowls without John Elway and Terrell Davis.

That was the biggest cheating scandal in the history of the NFL.

Pat Yasinskas, ESPN Staff Writer

Let’s turn to ESPN Stats & Information for a look at draft picks that have been forfeited for various reasons since 1980:

2011 Lions forfeit seventh-round pick for tampering with Chiefs players

2008 49ers forfeit fifth-round pick for tampering with Bears linebacker Lance Briggs

2008 Patriots forfeit first-round pick for Spygate scandal

2002-05 Broncos forfeit 2005 third-round pick, 2002 third-round pick for circumventing salary cap between 1996 and 1998

2001-02 49ers forfeit 2002 third-round pick, 2001 fifth-round pick for salary cap violations

2001 Steelers forfeit third-round pick for exceeding 1998 salary cap

1986 Patriots forfeit third-round pick for illegal use of injured reserve list

1981 Broncos forfeit third-round pick for contract violations involving Bill Thompson

1981 Raiders forfeit fifth-round pick for illegally sequestering two players in 1978

1980 Eagles forfeit third-round pick for holding illegal tryout

1980 Raiders forfeit fourth-round pick for evasion of player limit

Hey Tx is the next highest cash fine amount before Spygate broke the record available? 

So when the Broncos intentionally circumvented the salary cap, allowing them to win 2 Super Bowl titles, that was not cheating?

There is no way in hell the Broncos win 2 Super Bowls without John Elway and Terrell Davis.

Pats win regardless of who they plug in.

676_zpssxwys7us.gif

Pats are the 2nd most valuable team in the NFL.

Getting fined a couple of million is the equivalent of you dropping $4.99 at the weekly buffet special.

Got to agree there it isn't a deterrent at all (obviously)

No the Broncos didn't win 2 SB because they circumvented the cap.

No matter how many times you say it.  There isnt a chance in hell the few dollars they went over the cap would have changed the lineup of Elway and Davis.  

DAVIS WAS REFERRING TO BRONCOS' CAP VIOLATIONS

Several readers have asked us to explain the basis for the contention of Raiders owner Al Davis that Broncos coach Mike Shanahan should have asterisks next to the Super Bowl victories that capped the 1997 and 1998 seasons “because they were caught cheating.”
Davis was talking about Denver’s proven salary cap violations.

In December 2001, the league imposed an oddly-specific fine of $968,000 and stripped the Broncos of a third-round pick in the 2002 draft.  The punishment arose from cap violations relating to $29 million in deferred payments to quarterback John Elway and running back Terrell Davis.
 In September 2004, the NFL hit the Broncos again for $950,000 and a third-round pick in the 2005 draft.  These sanctions related to cap violations occurring between 1996 and 1998.

Wrote Mark Maske of the Washington Post at the time:  “The penalties could be viewed as further vindication for Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis, who has said in the past that Broncos owner Pat Bowlen should be suspended for salary cap violations.  Davis has contended that the Broncos’ circumvention of the salary cap helped them win the Super Bowl in the 1997 and ’98 seasons.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2008/10/01/davis-was-referring-to-broncos-cap-violations/

Depending on whether you think the $968K and $950K relate to the same misconduct, the total fine against Denver for cheating the salary cap during their Super Bowl years was as high as $1,918,000.  

So here is the deal and this will be my only comment on this guy. I didn't realize he was back and it looks like he has been banned for real this time.

This guy came here and posted up a storm the day before the game last week. He made a comment saying that he was looking forward to being in the game thread (I forget the exact post). I told him the game thread is for Jets fans only and asked him to stay out. We don't need smack talk in the game thread. 

The day of the game he had several posts in the game thread. I restricted his posting access for 24 hours. We don't need garbage in the game thread.

He sent me a snarky message calling me out. When in reality he had a 24 hour restriction for posting in the game thread only. 

But since his message to me indicated that he didn't care about this site at all and wouldn't bother posting here, we can just ban him. I mean he doesn't care about us. His 25 deleted posts in this thread clearly show he doesn't care.

Pats are the 2nd most valuable team in the NFL.

Getting fined a couple of million is the equivalent of you dropping $4.99 at the weekly buffet special.

I could eat a couple millions dollars worth of $4.99 buffets a week if I had nothing else to do.   Already calculated in my retirement number.

Yea, after Pats fans die, they become Jets fans in their afterlife.

Or they get forwarded 5 years, still be pats fans and live through 20 years of mediocrity leaving half the stadium empty every sunday. It's a shame brady got off the 4 game suspension it would have give you a sneak peak at the future. Pats would have gone to the playoffs anyways.

So here is the deal and this will be my only comment on this guy. I didn't realize he was back and it looks like he has been banned for real this time.

This guy came here and posted up a storm the day before the game last week. He made a comment saying that he was looking forward to being in the game thread (I forget the exact post). I told him the game thread is for Jets fans only and asked him to stay out. We don't need smack talk in the game thread. 

The day of the game he had several posts in the game thread. I restricted his posting access for 24 hours. We don't need garbage in the game thread.

He sent me a snarky message calling me out. When in reality he had a 24 hour restriction for posting in the game thread only. 

But since his message to me indicated that he didn't care about this site at all and wouldn't bother posting here, we can just ban him. I mean he doesn't care about us. His 25 deleted posts in this thread clearly show he doesn't care.

I'm *really* not mad bro!

The youth of America learning that cheating pays, with not a single parent who can look them dead in the eye and tell them otherwise.  After all, if their hero athletes can do it and get away with it, they can too.  Sad, really.

The youth of America learning that cheating pays, with not a single parent who can look them dead in the eye and tell them otherwise.  After all, if their hero athletes can do it and get away with it, they can too.  Sad, really.

Know what else is sad?  Not teaching kids responsibilities and letting them know that excuses are cool.  However, if there is a lesson to be learned its this:  Karma is alive and well.

Know what else is sad?  Not teaching kids responsibilities and letting them know that excuses are cool.  However, if there is a lesson to be learned its this:  Karma is alive and well.

I'm not sure if you're arguing against me or for me on this one.  I agree.  Kids should be taught to be responsible and not make excuses.  The Patriots offer zero help in this area.  They take no responsibility for their behavior and provide nothing but excuses.

I'm not sure if you're arguing against me or for me on this one.  I agree.  Kids should be taught to be responsible and not make excuses.  The Patriots offer zero help in this area.  They take no responsibility for their behavior and provide nothing but excuses.

LOL!  It's never too late to open that mind of yours, you know.  Good luck.

Archived