Of course Houston won.

prime21

Houston is a not a great team and I was hoping for Cincy to blow them out of the water.  Instead, they go into Cincy and shutdown one of the best offenses in the NFL this season and have regained some confidence.  At 4-5 they are right behind us in the wild card chase.  Not saying that the game wasn't gong to be tough but I believe it just got harder for us.  

Houston is a not a great team and I was hoping for Cincy to blow them out of the water.  Instead, they go into Cincy and shutdown one of the best offenses in the NFL this season and have regained some confidence.  At 4-5 they are right behind us in the wild card chase.  Not saying that the game wasn't gong to be tough but I believe it just got harder for us.  

How exactly does their record make them a tougher opponent come Sunday? I don't think Dalton overthrowing receivers or his receivers dropping passes has any bearing on our game. It was going to be tough regardless, not sure this makes it particularly any more difficult. 

How exactly does their record make them a tougher opponent come Sunday? I don't think Dalton overthrowing receivers or his receivers dropping passes has any bearing on our game. It was going to be tough regardless, not sure this makes it particularly any more difficult. 

Momentum and motivation goes a long way in sports.

Momentum- You have won two in a row, including a win versus an undefeated team on national television.

Motivation - You should always be motivated but suddenly you are 2 games behind a wild card spot and are facing a team at home that is directly in front of you in the wild card chase.  Tie breakers come in handy..

This sounds worse than them losing and coming home dejected plus a shorter week.

Momentum- You have won two in a row, including a win versus an undefeated team on national television.

Motivation - You should always be motivated but suddenly you are 2 games behind a wild card spot and are facing a team at home that is directly in front of you in the wild card chase.  Tie breakers come in handy..

This sounds worse than them losing and coming home dejected plus a shorter week.

Actually, them coming off their biggest win of the year and facing a short week to play an opponent that had 11 days is a recipe for a flat, awful performance. At least that's the way it usually works with us. 

Actually, them coming off their biggest win of the year and facing a short week to play an opponent that had 11 days is a recipe for a flat, awful performance. At least that's the way it usually works with us. 

I hope you are 100 percent right.

Don't worry, the Ryan Fitzpatrick Revenge Tour begins now.  3 of his final 7 games are against teams that let him go, starting with Houston and finishing with the Bills.

The only problem I have with this, JF.  Is that those teams let Fitz go because he sucked, especially in the latter half of those seasons.  Let's just hope he doesn't implode again.

It isn't clear if it will be Yates or if Hoyer will clear concussion protocol, although the short week hurts him in that regard. Yates is great ONLY against Cincy, and is way below average against everyone else. So hear is to T.J. Yates starting on Sunday.

Wild card spot? These mo f*ckers are playing for their DIVISION! Gonna be a tough game but they have no running game & 1 great receiver, much different than Raiders & Bills. Cincy finally laid an egg it happens in this league, they were horrifically bad last night, almost unwatchable.

If the Jets cant beat TJ ******* Yates.  Then throw in the towel, remove any type of "defensive guru" tag that Bowles gets and ride or die with Geno the rest of the way.

I'm with you on this, 11 days to prepare against a team that has been horrible for a couple of years now, and they have a short week, I want to see our coaching staff have the best game of the year, we talk a lot about players stepping up I want to see our coaching step up this week.

Wild card spot? These mo f*ckers are playing for their DIVISION! Gonna be a tough game but they have no running game & 1 great receiver, much different than Raiders & Bills. Cincy finally laid an egg it happens in this league, they were horrifically bad last night, almost unwatchable.

Nate Washington and Cecil Shorts are better than any second or third receiver the Bills had. Skrine and Williams/Cro had better be on their games.

The Wild Card chase???

Texans don't give a crap about that.

They are in 1st place in the Division and are playing for a home playoff game.

Houstons defense is good, you for sure have to scheme around Watt and their pass rush  (I wanted Mercilus on the jets that draft year.)  One good thing is our gm should know that team inside and out.  Our defense has to come to play and get back to showing how good they are.  We should totally shut them down.

coaching, blah blah blah, despite being injury riddled last week, we lost due to turnovers.  period.  the players have to get their heads out of their a$$e$.

Agreed! While everyone's bashing Bowles, he can't catch the 4th down for Decker, he can't hold onto the ball for Smith, he can't catch the ball for Marshall that went off BOTH his hands & got picked. I didn't complain about the aggressiveness he called for because so many f*cking times I wanted Jets coaches to JUST GO FOR THE JUGULAR. 

The players f*cked it up by not executing & looking like the keystone cops. Bowles put his trust in them & they sh*t themselves. All of them! Gailey allows Fitz to audible & he audibled into those horrible calls, 4th down to Marshall & 3rd down to Decker. It's not the coaches fault that Davis & Decker ran into each other. I never thought I'd say this but thank god Enunwa is back so they can bench Davis & that waste of a roster spot Cumberland! Cumby should be kissing Amaro & Sudfelds azzes for getting hurt, no freaking way that soft piece of sh*t makes this squad! We have to have the absolute worst TEs in football. Can you even imagine how much a Delanie Walker would help this team? Damn! Marshall, Decker, Enunwa, Walker, Ivory. Now Thats a big physical offense

The Wild Card chase???

Texans don't give a crap about that.

They are in 1st place in the Division and are playing for a home playoff game.

Both the Colts and Texans are simultaneously in a division race AND part of the Wild Card hunt.  It's not mutually exclusive.  But then you don't know anything about that, because your stupid Patriots play perfectly all the time.

Both the Colts and Texans are simultaneously in a division race AND part of the Wild Card hunt.  It's not mutually exclusive.  But then you don't know anything about that, because your stupid Patriots play perfectly all the time.

The team that loses that division will not make the playoffs as a WC team.

Luck is out for the next 4 games, giving the Texans a huge advantage.

Pessimism, when you're afraid of playing a 4-5 team because they won 10-6 on Monday against a team that did everything in its power to lose.

Archived