"Leadership" and the Top 1o Reasons Fitz should be benched

JohnnyLV

FItz didnt stink...today. He had a phenomenal game. I'll take 4 TD's over 300 yards anyday. The problem is consistency. In a passing league, the lack of consistency when everything is geared in your favor (Quarterbacks) can be considered as "stinking". 

WTF?  Let's just talk about 2015. Our franchise hasn't seen this level of consistent play/production at QB in years. Years.  

And "fans" want to say this guy sucks? Really?  

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTF?  Let's just talk about 2015. Our franchise hasn't seen this level of consistent play/production at QB in years. Years.  

And "fans" want to say this guy sucks? Really?  

You just said "Lets just talk about 2015" then immediately proceeded to talk about what we've havent seen in years lol.

Sticking to 2015, the man has been okay.

Fitz doesn't stink. Okay?  

At this point, a moderator of a Jets site who is siding with the same 3 idiots who can't move past that empty argument is making this forum look bad.  

What empty argument? He is not a good QB, even if he had good numbers today, and he would have already been benched if we had another option (which we don't).

That said, I am happy he had a good game. I am 100% behind him starting over both Geno and Petty. And I am also 100% behind us replacing him as soon as humanly possible because we will win nothing with him as our QB. 

Another one who only comments after "his guy" actually having a good game, and hides during & after bad ones. And LOL at finger-wagging on what makes this forum good and bad is based on agreeing with you.

You just said "Lets just talk about 2015" then immediately proceeded to talk about what we've havent seen in years lol.

Sticking to 2015, the man hasnt been okay.

The play in 2015 is better than we've seen in years. I would ask "is this logic too difficult to for you to follow?" but I don't expect anything worthwhile to read in response. 

The play in 2015 is better than we've seen in years. I would ask "is this logic too difficult to for you to follow?" but I don't expect anything worthwhile to read in response. 

Dude, logic isnt difficult for anyone here. Whats difficult for you is to understand what logic is and how opinion plays a factor in establishing a logical position. 

I fixed my last statement, I didnt mean to say that he "hasnt" been okay. I meant to say that he has been okay....but JUST okay. 

Just because the jets QB situation has been deplorable the past couple decades doesnt mean that its logical to overblow Fitzpatrick. Fitz could break a couple Jets records, but what does that say when the records are either from pathetic past QB's or from guys like Namath who played in an entirely different NFL? 

Understand what logic is and how logic is derived before saying how difficult it is for someone to follow logic. It makes you sound illogical. 

He is not a good QB,

Fitz is a good QB. Not great, not a "football god" (and as we all know, no one says that), but 1) better than we've seen a Jet QB play in years and 2) better than 99% of Jet fans might have expected. He deserves a ton of credit playing at the level he's shown without the luxury of a consistent running game. That is good

It is freakin' painful to see so many clowns who know little more than fantasy football badmouth improvement. We have a winning record - and for the first time in years, we don't have bottom of the barrel quarterbacking.  

Fitz is a good QB. Not great, not a "football god" (and as we all know, no one says that), but 1) better than we've seen a Jet QB play in years and 2) better than 99% of Jet fans might have expected. He deserves a ton of credit playing at the level he's shown without the luxury of a consistent running game. That is good

It is freakin' painful to see so many clowns who know little more than fantasy football badmouth improvement. We have a winning record - and for the first time in years, we don't have bottom of the barrel quarterbacking.  

No, he isn't. He does not deserve a ton of credit throwing to above average WRs against garbage oppositions. He is not better than 99% of Jets fans expected. He does not deserve a ton of credit for playing at the level he's shown. In fact, he nearly got benched, and would have been if there was another option. Even still, it took Bowles until the next day to come to his senses. That is not good. However, in keeping with the thread topic, he should not be benched and I said as much before this statistical banner game of the season for him.

Fantasy football? I'd point to his play and say it's far better from a fantasy football standpoint than passing the eye test so you've lost me there.

I agree he's not bottom of the barrel. I didn't say he was. I said he's not good: he's often bad and is sometimes good. 

Lets take a peek at Geno vs. Fitz so far.

Fitz through 10/11 games:

210 for 359 (58.5%) for 2,476 Yards (247 Yards/Game), 20 TD's, 2 Rushing TD's (22 Scores) vs. 11 INT's. 3 Fumbles (14 TO's), 43 Carries, 187 Rushing Yards (4.35 YPC), Sacked 10 times. 

TD's by Team for Season:  32 TD's in 11 Games  

6 Wins

Geno Smith in 14 Games Played in 2014:

219 for 367 (59.7%) for 2,525 (180 Yards/Game), 13 TD's, 1 Rushing TD (14 Scores) vs. 13 INT's, 8 Fumbles (21 TO's), 59 Carries, 238 Yards (4.03 YPC), Sacked 28 Times.

TD's by Team for Season:  27 Total in 16 Games

4 Wins

210 for 359 (58.5%) for 2,476 Yards (247 Yards/Game), 20 TD's, 2 Rushing TD's (22 Scores) vs. 11 INT's. 3 Fumbles (14 TO's), 43 Carries, 187 Rushing Yards (4.35 YPC), Sacked 10 times. 

6 Wins

219 for 367 (59.7%) for 2,525 (180 Yards/Game), 13 TD's, 1 Rushing TD (14 Scores) vs. 13 INT's, 8 Fumbles (21 TO's), 59 Carries, 238 Yards (4.03 YPC), Sacked 28 Times.

4 Wins

Not a big fan of using pure stats to compare players, particularly QB's, but one stat you left off.  How many critical 1st down's has Fitz made to keep drives alive by battering his head into a brick wall? (I don't know the answer)   

What Fitz mostly brings to the team is that Balls to the wall mentality.  It's infectious.  

The author is this post must feel not to smart at the moment

Why because he had one good game against a walking M*A*S*H unit?

I have already stated he played very well today but does not change my opinion about him overall. He would not still be in the NFL if he never had a good game.

Why because he had one good game against a walking M*A*S*H unit?

I have already stated he played very well today but does not change my opinion about him overall. He would not still be in the NFL if he never had a good game.

He's been pretty consistent this year compared to the last few years of quarterbacking. 20 TD passes

No, he isn't. He does not deserve a ton of credit throwing to above average WRs against garbage oppositions. He is not better than 99% of Jets fans expected. He does not deserve a ton of credit for playing at the level he's shown. In fact, he nearly got benched, and would have been if there was another option. Even still, it took Bowles until the next day to come to his senses. That is not good. However, in keeping with the thread topic, he should not be benched and I said as much before this statistical banner game of the season for him.

Fantasy football? I'd point to his play and say it's far better from a fantasy football standpoint than passing the eye test so you've lost me there.

I agree he's not bottom of the barrel. I didn't say he was. I said he's not good: he's often bad and is sometimes good. 

you just want to hate. enjoy crying during a potential playoff season.

6 Wins

4 Wins

Most of Fitz production is from Marshall. Are you really suggesting Geno would not get a huge benefit and improvement in numbers getting to throw to Marshall??

Going back to Geno. Seriously, these are Pats fans trolling, right??

This was vs Miami.  Next week is against perhaps an even worse D.  So still won't be able to say he could do well vs a good D, but it'd help just to show some consistency vs bad defenses if he can play well.

This was vs Miami.  Next week is against perhaps an even worse D.  So still won't be able to say he could do well vs a good D, but it'd help just to show some consistency vs bad defenses if he can play well.

We're playing meaningful December football. I'll take that rather than arguing over whether we should tank for draft picks as we would be with Geno in there.

I will say this stat from the Sporting News.

Of Fitz's 11 INTs this year, 8 of them have been thrown in games where the Jets were already behind (7) or tied (1).

This tells me one thing. When the Jets get a lead, Fitzpatrick will not throw that lead away. Now if you want him to rally a team, he's not going to do that.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl-news/4662367-jets-dolphins-ryan-fitzpatrick-brandon-marshall-brent-grimes-todd-bowles-turnovers-interceptions

What empty argument? He is not a good QB, even if he had good numbers today, and he would have already been benched if we had another option (which we don't).

That said, I am happy he had a good game. I am 100% behind him starting over both Geno and Petty. And I am also 100% behind us replacing him as soon as humanly possible because we will win nothing with him as our QB. 

Another one who only comments after "his guy" actually having a good game, and hides during & after bad ones. And LOL at finger-wagging on what makes this forum good and bad is based on agreeing with you.

I never get these week to week discussions on our QB situation.  The Geno backers vs the Fitzy backers.

I think most of us knew we were signing a journeyman and average at best QB who at least gives us a professional presence behind center. That professional presence is what makes him head and shoulders the correct call over Geno.

You're absolutely correct in that when the opportunity to replace him with an upgrade comes along the team will do so w/out hesitation.

Until then he's a likeable guy who really seems like he'll give everything he's got to try and get a win.  Can't ask for much more from him than we've received based on his talent or lack of it depending on how one feels about him.  

Most of Fitz production is from Marshall. Are you really suggesting Geno would not get a huge benefit and improvement in numbers getting to throw to Marshall??

I'm not suggesting it, I'll happily say it outright.  Geno Smith would not have as good of production, nor the team this # of wins, if Geno Smith had started all of our games.

Pure speculation of course, unverifiable because Geno was too stupid to not put himself in a spot a leader, a QB, does not put himself.

Geno Smith isn't a leader.  Geno Smith is Kwame Brown.  He has no passion for the game, no skills to lead, and it shows.

And Geno Smith is almost assuredly gone from our roster come seasons end.

I'm not suggesting it, I'll happily say it outright.  Geno Smith would not have as good of production, nor the team this # of wins, if Geno Smith had started all of our games.

Pure speculation of course, unverifiable because Geno was too stupid to not put himself in a spot a leader, a QB, does not put himself.

Geno Smith isn't a leader.  Geno Smith is Kwame Brown.  He has no passion for the game, no skills to lead, and it shows.

And Geno Smith is almost assuredly gone from our roster come seasons end.

I seriously doubt they cut Geno. But you hate him, I get it.

Archived