Marcus Williams Injury Update

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Revis and Williams are both unavailable, then who will cover Beckham on Sunday?

"I'm not giving away our game plan," Bowles said when asked that question directly.

Finally a coach who can  shut up about game strategies.  I always wondered why coaches say anything about game plans.  "We will get so and so more involved Sunday". We are going to use so and so to shadow their #1"  "We are planinng to blitz more"   Shaaaaaduuuuuup

I'd keep Cro on Randle because Randle tends to make a ton of mistakes and Cro is great and getting INTs off of mistakes. 

Doesn't really matter who covers OBJ because Revis proved he couldn't even keep up with Hopkins a few weeks back anyway. Hopkins and OBJ are both great, but OBJ has a better QB tossing him the ball. Whoever takes OBJ will be getting plenty of help. 

Honestly, I am not worried about OBJ because he will get his 8 catches for 140ish yards and TD no matter how you cover him, my concern is that Demario  has proven to be awful in pass coverage against RBs and the Giants have one of the best in Shane Vereen. We can let OBJ have a big game, but we can't let the Giants other receivers beat us in man coverage. 

You know who he reminds me of? Marcus Coleman right before he was stolen away in the supplemental draft. He is having a pro bowl type of season-yea he's not as lanky as Coleman but he IS tied for second in the AFC with those 5 INTs. Cincy's Reggie Nelson has 6

You know who he reminds me of? Marcus Coleman right before he was stolen away in the supplemental draft. He is having a pro bowl type of season-yea he's not as lanky as Coleman but he IS tied for second in the AFC with those 5 INTs. Cincy's Reggie Nelson has 6

Coleman had some talent but lacked desire. Seemed very lazy. When Parcells motivated him, he was good.

Have to double and bracket obj for sure.  Always safety help, CB plays aggressively. 

Just put Pryor on him the first time he goes over the middle.

Let him stretch out to make a one handed catch, and we won't have to worry about him the rest of the game. 

This is why the middle went so soft after Pryor went out in Foxboro. There's more than one way to stop the short passing game. 

Heard this earlier and not sure if it has been posted.

"There is now a very real chance Darrelle Revis won't be on the field when the Jets meet Odell Beckham and the Giants on Sunday.

Revis did not practice on Thursday, still feeling the effects of a concussion suffered in Week 11's loss to the TexansJets coach Todd Bowles told the media after practice that he doesn't think Revis will be good to go. 

0ap3000000587588.jpg

"I don't think (Revis will play)" Bowles said. "He didn't do anything today, so it's more than likely he won't play."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000593303/article/injury-roundup-jets-bowles-doubts-revis-will-play

Haven't other teams found a way to beat the Giants without Revis on their roster this year?

That's a bit short sighted.  Every team has their strengths and weaknesses.  Having the best CB in football is a strength and losing him (and $16mm of your salary cap) substantially diminishes the effectiveness of your defense.

How would the Texans be if they lost Watt? 

I don't think anyone is saying the Jets can't win - but to say that Revis not playing doesn't heavily reduce the chances of winning is simply wrong.

Revis makes us better but we can still play good football without him.  This is where the coaches have to be more creative.   The Giants are a quick throwing team so our Dline may not be able to get to him without the help of blitz schemes.  Beckham should be doubled team and lets see if Eli will be able to move on us with Randall, Harris and Vereen. Eli is smart though.  The minute you go all out on a blitz and OBJ is single covered he will just throw it out there.

As it was said in this thread and other ones, the Giants can be really bad but they can also be really good.  

Revis makes us better but we can still play good football without him.  This is where the coaches have to be more creative.   The Giants are a quick throwing team so our Dline may not be able to get to him without the help of blitz schemes.  Beckham should be doubled team and lets see if Eli will be able to move on us with Randall, Harris and Vereen. Eli is smart though.  The minute you go all out on a blitz and OBJ is single covered he will just throw it out there.

As it was said in this thread and other ones, the Giants can be really bad but they can also be really good.  

Damn right.

If both Revis and Williams are out, I would really like to see either Milliner or McDoogle get some playing time.  We need to know moving forward if they are keepers or not, Cro and (eventually) Revis will need to be replaced.  Can Milliner be effective on a defense that has one shut down corner and better DL and Safety help?  I actually think if he can stay healthy (big if) that he can be quite good as at least a #2.

Skrine seems more like a slot guy than a #2.

If both Revis and Williams are out, I would really like to see either Milliner or McDoogle get some playing time.  We need to know moving forward if they are keepers or not, Cro and (eventually) Revis will need to be replaced.  Can Milliner be effective on a defense that has one shut down corner and better DL and Safety help?  I actually think if he can stay healthy (big if) that he can be quite good as at least a #2.

If they were better than the guys playing ahead of them, they would get playing time.

I think Bowles would have squeezed them into the game if the Jets had a big enough lead. But since they were down I don't think they wanted to throw Milliner out there for his first game action in that spot. If they are active this Sunday, i expect both milliner and Mcdougle to get some action. 

Bowels said that it had to do more with whom has been practicing longer, but at some point, we will never know unless another CB gets hurt.

There's a fine line between trying to make the playoffs and seeing what you have in young players. I think Bowles is doing fine in that regard. McDougle is a slot corner and I'd personally like to see him get some of Buster Skrine's snaps because he has been horrific this season. Milliner isn't playing because he has four other corners ahead of him and he's way behind the eight ball in practice time and game time. He's not even taking advantage of the special teams snaps he's getting and making an impact there. He's a ghost on the field.

There's a fine line between trying to make the playoffs and seeing what you have in young players. I think Bowles is doing fine in that regard. McDougle is a slot corner and I'd personally like to see him get some of Buster Skrine's snaps because he has been horrific this season. Milliner isn't playing because he has four other corners ahead of him and he's way behind the eight ball in practice time and game time. He's not even taking advantage of the special teams snaps he's getting and making an impact there. He's a ghost on the field.

imo, if mcdougle was practicing better he would be on the field. 

see catapano/hendersen

imo, if mcdougle was practicing better he would be on the field. 

see catapano/hendersen

Catapano got run because they cut Coples who was gone one way or the other in the off-season. Demario Davis is a free agent and probably won't be re-signed.

McDougle, on the other hand, plays behind big FA acquisition Skrine. Same thing with Marcus Williams not getting a shot until Cro was hurt, even though Cro has been bad this year (better the last few weeks). Those are guys the new staff and management brought in, so they're sort of more married to those guys than those from the previous regime.

Archived