And just like that, Rex Ryan is officially eliminated from playoff contention.

RutgersJetFan

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rex is a salesman.

The guy cracking jokes and buying rounds. Impossible for Rex to be the villain

.Rather than search elsewhere for his “czar,” Pegula found his way to Ryan, who gave him a big name, along with the swagger and sizzle that helped him sell more season tickets than any other year in franchise history.

http://buckyandsully.buffalonews.com/2015/12/20/pegula-may-need-a-football-czar-to-heal-rifts-within-bills/

Not sure all players worked very hard.  I think Mario Williams,  who I believe has become a cancer in the locker room<  packed it in.  I doubt he'll be in Buffalo next year and that may not be of his own choice.

We warned you, jeanie.  Wish it happened to a franchise/fan base that's a lot less likable.

Last week Rex was mic'ed up for NFL.com, and he kept calling Tyrod Taylor - "kid". They said Babe Ruth didn't know the names of the guys on his team, and called everyone "kid"; so I figured Rex, as well, isn't too familiar with his offensive players, so he does the same.

Better than "that black quarterback" I suppose, which I hear is how he referred to Geno.

[Kidding]

I have to agree with you Jet Nut on all but one point.  The players,  as a whole,  were no too happy with Marrone.  

Obviously you're closer to it than me, just don't remember all the complaint from players like we've heard all year

Buffalo Bills Community

»

Twitter rumors about Bills new structure,...

YoloinOhio's PhotoYoloinOhioToday, 06:46 AM

This guy Joe Chenelly has a source somewhere at OBD. He's had some info in the past. Fwiw:

@jchenelly: Current GM Doug Whaley will need to accept a lesser role w/ the #Bills if he is to remain with the team at all. There will be a new chief.

@Nagle_23: @jchenelly where you getting this info from

@jchenelly: @Nagle_23 Personal friend who is in the know and OK with me sharing, as has been the case for about a year.

@nickellion79: @MikeSilver @RaiderBounty @Na_Na_Nesci @JeremyWGR Mike any chance you think they realize they made a mistake with Rex?

@jchenelly: @nickellion79 Yes. But the person who will decide Rex Ryan's fate is not yet working for the team. #Bills

index.php?app=core&module=task

If this is true, the new chief is probably Polian. Word was they tried to lure him out of retirement for a football czar role before hitching their wagon to Yosemite Sam.

The Bills wont fire Rex. Who is out there to replace him?

Somebody has to take the fall and it wont be Rex. Whaley is a dead man walking because he has already gone to ownership trying to throw Rex under the bus. Then, no real GM is going to want to be connected to Rex in what could be his last Bills season.

The only solution is to go all in and make Rex the Bills GM too. Double down and bet the mortgage.

How about a pile of steaming dog turd?  At least it would be a upgrade.

Pretty shocked they've been this bad, especially with the production they got from the QB position.  I thought that was the only thing holding them back.  I dont really get how the D got bad.  I know he's the butt of many jokes around here but his D was never anything to laugh at like it is this year.  Strange.  If anything, at least Rex found them a legit QB to build around.  

I got fooled by this dude.  No doubt.  Very easy to see how cancerous he is from a far.  You just cant run a team the way this dude does.  I was too stubborn to see it. 

All that said, is this still funny if he sweeps the Jets this season?

Pretty shocked they've been this bad, especially with the production they got from the QB position.  I thought that was the only thing holding them back.  I dont really get how the D got bad.  I know he's the butt of many jokes around here but his D was never anything to laugh at like it is this year.  Strange.  If anything, at least Rex found them a legit QB to build around.  

I got fooled by this dude.  No doubt.  Very easy to see how cancerous he is from a far.  You just cant run a team the way this dude does.  I was too stubborn to see it. 

All that said, is this still funny if he sweeps the Jets this season?

You know, it's less fun when a person isn't overly prideful and avoid either admitting they were wrong or allowing new information to reshape their perspective.  Good on you as a person, bad on you as a poster to ridicule.

Rex keep heading North when Buffalo fires you. 

CFL-football.jpg

Some of this hate I just don't get. If Rex is such a terrible coach, why wouldn't you want to see him get another HC gig? Wouldn't you want him to get the Miami job so he can complete their destruction as well? 

»

Twitter rumors about Bills new structure,...

YoloinOhio's PhotoYoloinOhioToday, 06:46 AM

This guy Joe Chenelly has a source somewhere at OBD. He's had some info in the past. Fwiw:

@jchenelly: Current GM Doug Whaley will need to accept a lesser role w/ the #Bills if he is to remain with the team at all. There will be a new chief.

@Nagle_23: @jchenelly where you getting this info from

@jchenelly: @Nagle_23 Personal friend who is in the know and OK with me sharing, as has been the case for about a year.

@nickellion79: @MikeSilver @RaiderBounty @Na_Na_Nesci @JeremyWGR Mike any chance you think they realize they made a mistake with Rex?

@jchenelly: @nickellion79 Yes. But the person who will decide Rex Ryan's fate is not yet working for the team. #Bills

How many times would one want to live in Ohio?

You know, it's less fun when a person isn't overly prideful and avoid either admitting they were wrong or allowing new information to reshape their perspective.  Good on you as a person, bad on you as a poster to ridicule.

It comes with a lot of practice.

Of course it is.

What if it's a win and in game and he knocks us out?  

Still fun?  

Some of this hate I just don't get. If Rex is such a terrible coach, why wouldn't you want to see him get another HC gig? Wouldn't you want him to get the Miami job so he can complete their destruction as well? 

I had zero hate for Rex up until the Thursday Night Football game when he said FU to all the Jets fans and organization after the Bills beat the Jets. 

I had zero hate for Rex up until the Thursday Night Football game when he said FU to all the Jets fans and organization after the Bills beat the Jets. 

Wouldn't you feel the same way if you were in his shoes? He felt Idziot sabotaged him, and that the fans turned their backs on him and all the hate. Wouldn't you rather see the Jets get revenge and paste him real bad week 17?

Of course it will be.  Because it'll likely mean he gets a Gatorade bath (and pneumonia?) and keeps his job, while the GM gets fired.  Win-Win when it comes to the long-term.

Who gives a **** though?  It's the Bills.  They're irrelevant.  You guys say it's funny now but if we got swept by Rex and bounced from the playoffs on the last game of the season in a win and in scenario, none of you will be laughing and if you are, you're a very strange individual.  haha

Honestly, while that would suck for us, it probably only further cements who he is as a coach.  With personal Super Bowl victories celebrated without any big picture success.

But again, who cares?  He's not our problem any more.  

It seems petty to care more about someone else failing than our own success.  I'd personally like the beat Rex Ryan and the Bills. 

Archived