Dolphins fire Hickey and Tanny is now the man to fix it

bergenjets

How the hell did Tannenbaum get so much power from the owner Ross given his track record?  Does he have compromising pictures of him?

After have seen Tannenbaum up close and personal for over half a decade, I have no idea why any competent owner would want this guy running their football team.

Eric Mangini: new coach of the Dolphins?

He was fortunate not to be fired along with Mangini the last time the two worked together, can't imagine him retracing those steps. Read today that the fish are one of the teams expected to make a push for Adam Gase. Makes sense for them to try to find a coach that can work with QBs. 

Corporate owners  like corporate front office people and Tanny is a complete corporate being. They just cannot help themselves. Remember, Woody actually made being a corporate guy (not a football guy) a CRITERIA when he hired Korn and Ferry three years ago and we got Idzik,  Ross truly deserves the 3 or 4 more years of pain he just bought himself with this move.

Chip Kelly. You know it's gonna happen.

If players revolted in Philly, Miami heat and humidity would cause the same thing. Players Association would be investigating his practices. His uptempo style would have players dropping like flies 

Chip Kelly. You know it's gonna happen.

If players revolted in Philly, Miami heat and humidity would cause the same thing. Players Association would be investigating his practices. His uptempo style would have players dropping like flies 

I think they go after Payton hard of he becomes available like most believe. 

How the hell did Tannenbaum get so much power from the owner Ross given his track record?  Does he have compromising pictures of him?

After have seen Tannenbaum up close and personal for over half a decade, I have no idea why any competent owner would want this guy running their football team.

Dawn Aponte. 

I think they go after Payton hard of he becomes available like most believe. 

I have a feeling your right especially if he is fired. If they are stupid enough to give up Draft picks for him well then, good luck. I think they will hire Chuck Pagano if he gets fired. I'm still hoping for the mangenius 

1st off, the dont have a competent owner.

2ndly, Tanny is a snakeoil salesman and a very good one.  Hes leeched onto Ross and has the guy totally fooled.

the dolphins r in big trouble.

now lets get mangini and shotty in there !!!

makes sense both are right now in the process of getting fired after doing TERRIBLY in their current coordinator gigs

Mangini, Tanny and Schitty = NFL Three Stooges

Amazing that cluster once had a 10-6 record 

Eric Mangini: new coach of the Dolphins?

I think this is a good theory. The owner of the Fins likes Eric and Mangini for a period of time was an advisor to him. And even though Tanny fired Eric most people thought he was forced to do it by Woody. Mangini is trying to build his way back into a HC job in the NFL via first as TE coach of the Niners and this season DC. Overall his defense has been ok and even though SF is having a disastrous season (and he could be fired with Tomsula) it doesn't really hurt his stock because many think he's done a real good job with them. 

I think this is a good theory. The owner of the Fins likes Eric and Mangini for a period of time was an advisor to him. And even though Tanny fired Eric most people thought he was forced to do it by Woody. Mangini is trying to build his way back into a HC job in the NFL via first as TE coach of the Niners and this season DC. Overall his defense has been ok and even though SF is having a disastrous season (and he could be fired with Tomsula) it doesn't really hurt his stock because many think he's done a real good job with them. 

Mangini was a disaster in Cleveland after being a disaster here.  His defense has sucked this season.  I would love to see him go to Miami and watch my jets kick his ass

Mangini was a disaster in Cleveland after being a disaster here.  His defense has sucked this season.  I would love to see him go to Miami and watch my jets kick his ass

It would look strange if Tannenbaum hires a guy he claims to have fired. But they were friends and worked well together. And Mangini has a rep as a good talent evaluator. Maybe he'lll hire him as GM. I haven't really followed the 9ers this season but based on what I've read the defense has played ok and there have been lots of problems with this team and injuries, etc. 

I think they will go after a QB whisperer HC

interesting decision for the head of scouting guy.  if he refuses a promotion his career there is dead, and he gets a black eye around the league, but if he takes it he has to live with tannehill and suh's deal

This x1000000

I thought it must be the Jewish connection, but I'm not even sure MT is Jewish ?

I have a feeling your right especially if he is fired. If they are stupid enough to give up Draft picks for him well then, good luck. I think they will hire Chuck Pagano if he gets fired. I'm still hoping for the mangenius 

Yeah out of Pagano, Payton or Mangini I line Mangini to continue their lousy play

Doubt it. Mariota. Unless Tenn is keeping their coach. 

RRemember when it was guaranteed that Doug Marrone would draft Ryan Nassib, because they were together at Syracuse? His did that work out?

I think the Dolphins are compelled to make a splash hire, and they think Kelly's system will be a fit with an athletic Tannehill. 

RRemember when it was guaranteed that Doug Marrone would draft Ryan Nassib, because they were together at Syracuse? His did that work out?

I think the Dolphins are compelled to make a splash hire, and they think Kelly's system will be a fit with an athletic Tannehill. 

It didnt work out too well, but we also did see Doug Marrone make trades and player swaps in an effort to move up to draft his guy like the way we seen Kelly do during this offseason. If im correct, Marrone had an opportunity to draft him and he passed, Kelly did everything in his power to find a way to trade up to draft Mariota. 

The to situations arent the same. 

Archived