Season Thoughts

j4jets

Please take off your green glasses when you read this.

- Without looking at the stats and rankings, I'd say we played against 10+ Ds that ranked in the bottom half. To top it off, we played against 10+ Ds that were missing its key players.

- We beat ONE team with a .500+ record. That was last week. It was a great victory to say the least. Other 9 wins came against teams at .500 or below (with the exception to the Redskins).

- We should have won 4 against NFC East and 4 against AFC South plus two against Raiders and the Browns. We went 7-3. We should have swept the Bills and Dolphins. We went 2-2. If anyone thinks Bowles is a great coach and we were a great football team, we should have won 12+ games, cuz we played 11 games against teams BELOW .500. Its not rocket science. We couldnt beat them cuz we weren't that good. I expected us to win 12 games this year, knowing very well we had an average to slightly above average team. I was mocked and called a homer. 

- We won 10 games. Bowles doesn't deserve kudos for the 10 wins. We played against sh*t teams that were missing key players.

- What happened to Fitzmagic? Oh I know, it rarely works when you need a comeback. Fitz is not a franchise QB. He had a good year against sh*t Ds with two 'Pro-bowl caliber' WRs. Geno had him beat through the entire offseason. Speaks volume for Fitz, who's magic vanished when he didn't have a backup RB. Something tells me he needed every bit of the talent around him to make plays. I don't blame him though. He is what he is. I just want the board to realize that and stop calling him the next coming of Rich Gannon or an MVP candidate (seriously?). I hope we don't go into 2016 season with Fitz as our #1 QB. It won't take us anywhere.

Please take off your green glasses when you read this.

- Without looking at the stats and rankings, I'd say we played against 10+ Ds that ranked in the bottom half. To top it off, we played against 10+ Ds that were missing its key players.

- We beat ONE team with a .500+ record. That was last week. It was a great victory to say the least. Other 9 wins came against teams at .500 or below (with the exception to the Redskins).

- We should have won 4 against NFC East and 4 against AFC South plus two against Raiders and the Browns. We went 7-3. We should have swept the Bills and Dolphins. We went 2-2. If anyone thinks Bowles is a great coach and we were a great football team, we should have won 12+ games, cuz we played 11 games against teams BELOW .500. Its not rocket science. We couldnt beat them cuz we weren't that good. I expected us to win 12 games this year, knowing very well we had an average to slightly above average team. I was mocked and called a homer. 

- We won 10 games. Bowles doesn't deserve kudos for the 10 wins. We played against sh*t teams that were missing key players.

- What happened to Fitzmagic? Oh I know, it rarely works when you need a comeback. Fitz is not a franchise QB. He had a good year against sh*t Ds with two 'Pro-bowl caliber' WRs. Geno had him beat through the entire offseason. Speaks volume for Fitz, who's magic vanished when he didn't have a backup RB. Something tells me he needed every bit of the talent around him to make plays. I don't blame him though. He is what he is. I just want the board to realize that and stop calling him the next coming of Rich Gannon or an MVP candidate (seriously?). I hope we don't go into 2016 season with Fitz as our #1 QB. It won't take us anywhere.

You werent the only one being mocked. A few people bought up the lack of beating teams with a winning record while even losing to teams with losing records, and I would even throw the Redskins in that mix because during the time of the victory they had a losing record. Explaining this fact was like trying to explain Fitz success given all of the talent he had around him when people kept talking about how Geno has never played this good as if Geno ever had a group of guys even remotely as talented around him. And thats not to even say that Geno is as good or better than Fitz, thats besides the point. To watch Fitz throw 3 picks in our last 3 drives to end the season against our former football coach, that should just sum it up when it comes to what Fitz can provide you. It was the most talented team we've ever had and he was in charge of that team and we missed the playoffs because we lost to teams that we shouldnt have lost to. This is Fitz 11th season, still no playoff berth. But hey, he did get 10 wins though. 

We did have an amazing winter run, but even in that when it came down to "Win or go home" we couldnt get it done. sh*t, even Sanchez won 11 games in his 2nd year and he's hated by Jets fans. lol

Who would you like, specifically?

A draft prospect or a veteran QB that might hit the FA. I refuse to think there aren't any better options at QB out there. Fitz played his heart out and he deserves another year here, just not as a starter. He had his best season as a pro. It doesn't get any better than this for him. Its a downhill slope from here on out.

A draft prospect or a veteran QB that might hit the FA. I refuse to think there aren't any better options at QB out there. Fitz played his heart out and he deserves another year here, just not as a starter. He had his best season as a pro. It doesn't get any better than this for him. Its a downhill slope from here on out.

Ok.

So who then?

We all know who (generally) the College QB's are.  We know what QB's will be Free Agents this offseason.

Who do you want to start next year?  

"Anyone but..." is not the way to run a Franchise.  So if we're benching Fitz (3,900 yards, 31 TD's, 15 INT's) who do you want?

Ok.

So who then?

We all know who (generally) the College QB's are.  We know what QB's will be Free Agents this offseason.

"Anyone but..." is not the way to run a Franchise.  So if we're benching Fitz (3,900 yards, 31 TD's, 15 INT's) who do you want?

You are not benching Fitz, you have to sign him or not sign him. He is a FA. I would keep him and take a serious look at Petty.

Ok.

So who then?

We don't know the QB FA class. We don't know how the draft unfolds. And please don't throw Fitz stats at me. I think I established how great they were in my OP. He's journeyman that it not going to turn in to Gannon. Geno is a better pick than Fitz. He did outplay Fitz throughout the offseason and only got the starting gig due to IK. Outside of that, Geno would've won more games with this talent on the O.

Problem also that we have not spoken enough about in this and other games is field position. When we got it on the 40 today we got a TD. Having such bad field position in this game due to no real Kick/punt returner and a JV punter is what really cost us this game. Everyone in other threads/posts talk about needs, and STs in these and other areas like later draft picks to fill in for coverage on kicks is a must and those few games we talk about that we lost to teams with losing records we would win. The proof is history with the 1998 team Parcells put together. We saw that this years O and D posted similiar stats(though no playoffs this year and that team won 12 and was close to a SB), but Bill P. said he improved the team quickly by addressing STs, which he stated was the easiest way to increase win totals by at least 2-3 games per year with the field position it provides. MAC and Bowles need to learn that and it cost us most of this year and in this final game as well.

We don't know the QB FA class. We don't know how the draft unfolds. And please don't throw Fitz stats at me. I think I established how great they were in my OP. He's journeyman that it not going to turn in to Gannon. Geno is a better pick than Fitz. He did outplay Fitz throughout the offseason and only got the starting gig due to IK. Outside of that, Geno would've won more games with this talent on the O.

So you want to fix something that isn't broken with an unknown solution because you're too lazy to see what 2016 NFL QBs will be free agents? It's not a good list and there isn't anyone on it that's worth investing into. 

And Geno Smith is done here. He might find a job as a third stringer somewhere. I doubt it, because he's awful. 

the bolded are the 2 biggest lies that the geno lovers run with. here is a little news flash for you. geno was gifted the job when mac and bowles took over, for the 3rd year in a row. was given the job even before those 3 met each other. it was predetermined that is was genos job. considering fitz was just coming off of crutches, yea, geno definetely outperformed fitz.lol.your statement that geno would win more games is debateable at best.

Problem also that we have not spoken enough about in this and other games is field position. When we got it on the 40 today we got a TD. Having such bad field position in this game due to no real Kick/punt returner and a JV punter is what really cost us this game. Everyone in other threads/posts talk about needs, and STs in these and other areas like later draft picks to fill in for coverage on kicks is a must and those few games we talk about that we lost to teams with losing records we would win. The proof is history with the 1998 team Parcells put together. We saw that this years O and D posted similiar stats(though no playoffs this year and that team won 12 and was close to a SB), but Bill P. said he improved the team quickly by addressing STs, which he stated was the easiest way to increase win totals by at least 2-3 games per year with the field position it provides. MAC and Bowles need to learn that and it cost us most of this year and in this final game as well.

This must have been a bottom 3 special teams unit in the NFL this year....Lockett would have been a gamechanger for us.

You sound smart, then you go with the Geno sh*t and you are exposed. Nice try.

So you want to fix something that isn't broken with an unknown solution because you're too lazy to see what 2016 NFL QBs will be free agents? It's not a good list and there isn't anyone on it that's worth investing into. 

And Geno Smith is done here. He might find a job as a third stringer somewhere. I doubt it, because he's awful. 

Not because Im lazy but because players get released and some would-be FAs sign new deals. Do I really have to spell it out?

We get it you don't like Geno no need to mention it in every thread.

Not because Im lazy but because players get released and some would-be FAs sign new deals. Do I really have to spell it out?

Nope. The names have been heavily discussed many times on this board. They aren't inspiring. Do a little research and come back with some pending free agents who you think might fit. There aren't many, if any, that are an upgrade and certainly not any worth investing real years or money into. It's a simple thing to do, but you know, don't offer solutions. Just point out problems that don't exist. 

Im smarter than those that think Fitz is the next Gannon. And Geno owned Fitz throughout the offseason. Its not a fair comparison when you take Geno without WRs against Fitz with two top15 WRs.

Please take off your green glasses when you read this. [\quote]

See, I didn't bother to read a lick of the rest of your post. I'm pretty certain it's a whole lot of Fitz sucks, Bowles sucks, etc... And a whole lot of words you feel are valid points to support why you think it all sucks. But you're not interested in a debate, because you clearly fire the shot across the bow that anyone who feels differently has green colored glasses. So really what's the point here? You just felt you're special and should have your own thread to bitch about everything you hate rather than participate in the 30 other threads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im smarter than those that think Fitz is the next Gannon. And Geno owned Fitz throughout the offseason. Its not a fair comparison when you take Geno without WRs against Fitz with two top15 WRs.

Please take off your green glasses when you read this. [\quote]

See, I didn't bother to read a lick of the rest of your post. I'm pretty certain it's a whole lot of Fitz sucks, Bowles sucks, etc... And a whole lot of words you feel are valid points to support why you think it all sucks. But you're not interested in a debate, because you clearly fire the shot across the bow that anyone who feels differently has green colored glasses. So really what's the point here? You just felt you're special and should have your own thread to bitch about everything you hate rather than participate in the 30 other threads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weren't you the guy singing Fitz's praises this morning?  Your opinion means nothing. You are dismissed. 

It's truly incredible. The lack of moral courage on this board is despicable.

I supported Fitzpatrick he was our QB I never anointed him a franchise QB. 

Sorry to say but one bad game, even one with an awful backbreaking pick, still leaves Fitz in another galaxy compared to your lover boy Geno.

Nope. The names have been heavily discussed many times on this board. They aren't inspiring. Do a little research and come back with some pending free agents who you think might fit. There aren't many, if any, that are an upgrade and certainly not any worth investing real years or money into. It's a simple thing to do, but you know, don't offer solutions. Just point out problems that don't exist. 

Seriously CrazyCarl? Fitz is the best option out there? He peaked. Its time to move on. I'd much rather draft a rookie and let him play it out than to waste another year on Fitz, hoping for a few miracles every year to make the playoffs. Do you know how many 4th quarter game winning drives Fitz has in his 11 year career. I don't wanna bash Fitz. He played his heart out this year for the team. I'd like him on the team as our #2, just not the starter. The way it should have been this year.

Think the major problem is Chan Gailey. Simply not nearly aggressive enough,even if Fitz is limited. Today's gameplan, perfect example; Rex Ryan is gonna take away the run. Spare 1 big play, he mostly did. Didn't seem to care about the wind at all. Doesn't seem this guy ever sizes up opponents, calls his plays, doesn't seem to care about the scoreboard. 

Seriously CrazyCarl? Fitz is the best option out there? He peaked. Its time to move on. I'd much rather draft a rookie and let him play it out than to waste another year on Fitz, hoping for a few miracles every year to make the playoffs. Do you know how many 4th quarter game winning drives Fitz has in his 11 year career. I don't wanna bash Fitz. He played his heart out this year for the team. I'd like him on the team as our #2, just not the starter. The way it should have been this year.

Of course we do that and start 1-4 everyone screams for another coach... :-)

Archived