No Melt Down Over Chip Kelly?

New York Mick

Great move by the niners.  They can keep Kaepernick now.  Kelly was great until they gave him control of personell.  Then he screwed it up.  He will just be coach in san fran.  No personell control.  Good job by niners.

giants r the team id worry about.  Macadoo and philbin???  Hahahahahaha.

Great move by the niners.  They can keep Kaepernick now.  Kelly was great until they gave him control of personell.  Then he screwed it up.  He will just be coach in san fran.  No personell control.  Good job by niners.

I laughed a lot at the Philbin move.  2 of my co-workers are big Giants fans and I couildn't help but drop knowledge and laugh at their expense.

I'm not sure Ben Mac can hold that team together as a HC, but if J Reese does his job, and fixes the defense, maybe draft Henry rd 2 to go with Vereen then the Giants are not far from being contenders considering they would win the division by default if they don't self destruct again.

I laughed a lot at the Philbin move.  2 of my co-workers are big Giants fans and I couildn't help but drop knowledge and laugh at their expense.

He was a really good OC for GB.  He worked Mac in GB.  It's a smart move that makes perfect sense, not really laughable

Good gamble by the niners in my mind.  I knew 100% that Tomasula was going to be a short term regret choice.

Kelly is smart and innovative, he causes DC's in the this league a LOT of headaches.  I share his philosophy on many things.  Will be interesting that is for sure.

Giants promoted QB coach Mike Sullivan to OC.  Philbin will have a different role.

I know.  But Philbin was the OC in GB when the fins signed him.  All I was trying to say is he was a good OC, wasnt a good HC.  He isnt being asked to do heavy duty, dont see how funny it is that he was hired as some kind of coach for Macs offense.

I know.  But Philbin was the OC in GB when the fins signed him.  All I was trying to say is he was a good OC, wasnt a good HC.  He isnt being asked to do heavy duty, dont see how funny it is that he was hired as some kind of coach for Macs offense.

Gotcha.

He was a pretty good OC.  His role now will be interesting but if anything he can also advise the coach on some of the unexpected challenges a new coach may face.   

I'm sure some Jets fans are shocked they didn't give Mangini the Great the HC job..:) 

Mangini was a genius and Pettine was the real brains behind the 2009/2010 Jets...or so I'm told.  I wonder which job openings they'll be landing in the coming days.

Gotcha.

He was a pretty good OC.  His role now will be interesting but if anything he can also advise the coach on some of the unexpected challenges a new coach may face.   

Granted he had Rodgers in GB but Eli makes the Giants a passing team and he's played well in Macs offense, which was Philbins offense before he left for the Phins.  Cant hold too much against Philbin for what he cant do when Tannehill is your QB

It may work out but it's still an odd hiring.  You dumped Harbaugh because he was an abrasive A-hole, and one year later you bring in a guy who's just as bad if not worse.

... and full of himself. At least Harbaugh was improving the team. I envision Chip to be a disaster in SF. 

they let a good coach go b/c he was difficult to deal with, they had an easy guy to deal w/ this year and they sucked.  Chip isn't Harbaugh but he's a good coach.

He was a good college coach...won a few games with Andy Reid's team before demanding full control, dumping his talent and going in the toilet and then insisting he didn't have full control.

I guess the 49ers are trying to resurrect the career of Kaepernick  

I think the move is very much about this.  They saw so much promise in Kaep...and I don't think they're ready to give up on him....Chip's system is ideal for a guy like him.  I think you'll see the 49er's have a very good offense next year.

Good move for them..

Archived