Combine thread?

Matt39

4 hours ago, JiF said:

Those hands are small....and he's skinny.  

Wentz on the other hand.  Has the size, weight and the hands. 

I'm not saying that Goff cant play or anything but small hands in bad weather (he played in Cali), scares the sh*t out of me 

For what it's worth bill polian said that goffs hand size doesn't concern him at all. He said 9" is the base line level he's comfortable with and even though it's the smallest size in his scale it still fits the criteria.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Cal RB Daniel Lasco:

41.5" vertical.

11'3" broad.

4.44s 40.

23 reps.

Adding more information on this kid as he was projected for 4th or 5th rd.

Highlight video:

Quick blurb on him:

Daniel Lasco: Lasco made a timely junior leap to become Cal's number one running back. He's become very slippery in space and knows how to execute within the confines of a system. He can catch passes in the backfield and is going to do some good work. He's still got some developing to do, but he is starting to look like the last viable link in the Ron Gould chain of successful running backs who might make it in the pros.

Anyone actually watch him or a fan that knows more?  He looks pretty damn good.

Looks a little to "Gritty" to be an NFL Running back.

10 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

We kind of knew he was going to miss this season already but his draft stock will surely plummet after the doctors have taken a look.  If he fell to us in the 2nd would you take a chance?

Ian RapoportVerified account
‏@RapSheet
Difficult day for #NotreDame LB Jaylon Smith, who had his medicals. Ankle & knee nerve issues, teams believe he's out for 2016 -- at least

Two points here: the player himself said no nerve damage. Take it how you will, but even if he misses 2016 and is able to come back in full in 2017, still worth the investment. That's how good he could be. 

That said, my second point is that you may now see players getting ready for the draft to not play in bowl games. Luckily for Jaylon, he was smart enough to get an insurance policy on himself. A lot of the players are risking a ton to play in meaningless bowl games. This may change the landscape of the "bowl season" as we know it. 

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Two points here: the player himself said no nerve damage. Take it how you will, but even if he misses 2016 and is able to come back in full in 2017, still worth the investment. That's how good he could be. 

That said, my second point is that you may now see players getting ready for the draft to not play in bowl games. Luckily for Jaylon, he was smart enough to get an insurance policy on himself. A lot of the players are risking a ton to play in meaningless bowl games. This may change the landscape of the "bowl season" as we know it. 

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ talks. Bowls arent going away.

Jets cant risk another 1st round or even 2nd rounder not being effective immediately. Need a player with immediate impact

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ talks. Bowls arent going away.

Jets cant risk another 1st round or even 2nd rounder not being effective immediately. Need a player with immediate impact

Did I say bowls are going away? All I said is players may opt out of playing. Especially those with high round grades. 

And the Jets most certainly can take a player with Smith's talent in the 2nd round if he falls that far. It's not like many 2nd rounders for the Jets recently have set the world on fire. It'd be worth the risk. 

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Did I say bowls are going away? All I said is players may opt out of playing. Especially those with high round grades. 

And the Jets most certainly can take a player with Smith's talent in the 2nd round if he falls that far. It's not like many 2nd rounders for the Jets recently have set the world on fire. It'd be worth the risk. 

it really is so hard to say.  Nerve damage reported by doctors has me extremely iffy.  Marcus Lattimore was never the same after his injury too.  I think I would play it safe and skip out.  I'm also suspicious that his extreme athleticism was just an entire level above the competition he was playing and that caused him to only need speed.  Really have no idea if he even comes back at 80% of what he was, can he do more then just use his speed at the NFL level.  (This is my really amateur observation from some youtube highlights)

1 hour ago, JETSfaninNE said:

We kind of knew he was going to miss this season already but his draft stock will surely plummet after the doctors have taken a look.  If he fell to us in the 2nd would you take a chance?

Ian RapoportVerified account
‏@RapSheet
Difficult day for #NotreDame LB Jaylon Smith, who had his medicals. Ankle & knee nerve issues, teams believe he's out for 2016 -- at least

Nope

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Next year's class is even meh-ier. Doom

Next year's class will be better simply off the strength of Deshaun Watson being in it. Kid is gonna be special in the pros, just wait and see. Plus Brad Kaaya and Chad Kelly, who both have the potential to be really good

Just now, King P said:

Next year's class will be better simply off the strength of Deshaun Watson being in it. Kid is gonna be special in the pros, just wait and see. Plus Brad Kaaya and Chad Kelly, who both have the potential to be really good

I'm not a big believer in the mobile QB, but I'm interested to see if he improves as a passer. 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Next year's class is even meh-ier. Doom

Disagree.  Brad Kaaya from Miami and DeShaun Watson. Assuming both do declare,  these guys are sure fire studs, especially Kaaya. Came in as a true freshman with a terrible team and performed exceptionally well. Watson we know is good as well. Both are going to be high picks however, but worth trading up for. 

1 hour ago, King P said:

I didn't even see this before I quoted him. I think Kaaya is going to be the number 1 overall pick next year. He's going he a stud. 

8 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Wentz scares me because of the lack of experience, but to be honest I'm not crazy about any of the QBs in this class.

I actually like a bunch of the second/third tier QBs in this draft. I think 1 or 2 out of Hackenberg, Cook, Prescott, Hogan, Jones or Brissett  are going to have really good pro careers. 

I like the first tier guys too actually. 

11 hours ago, JiF said:

Those hands are small....and he's skinny.  

Wentz on the other hand.  Has the size, weight and the hands. 

I'm not saying that Goff cant play or anything but small hands in bad weather (he played in Cali), scares the sh*t out of me 

They said the same thing about Joe Montana.  Short, skinny, slow, and gets picked late in round 3 by Walsh.  Rest is history, steal of the century.  I would be doing cartwheels if we could land Goff. He reminds me of Montana in so many ways. Trade Mo and our 20 pick to move up and grab Goff.  

15 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Max can we keep this in the main forum?

Derrick Henry just notched a 37 inch vert at 250lbs. Jeeze.

Yes. I had made a thread that was pinned but this thread can be used instead.

Glenn flew out to Indy last night. 

14 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Jaylon Smith is not the first high profile draft pick to get injured in a bowl game,

Curious, with that news, still think he goes 1st? 

19 minutes ago, JiF said:

Jaylon Smith is not the first high profile draft pick to get injured in a bowl game,

Curious, with that news, still think he goes 1st? 

He will be lucky to be grabbed in the 3rd rd, if the tackle from Lswho went undrafted, there is a possibility here

Archived