Eagles will listen to offers for DeMarco Murray

joewilly12

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Eagles will listen to trade offers for DeMarco Murray.

Trading Murray won't be easy given his exorbitant salary (he carries a $7 million base salary for 2016), but that won't stop the Eagles from trying. Murray remains unhappy in Philadelphia and reportedly still has "an affinity" for Dallas. Murray's rushing total last year was his lowest since 2012. Ryan Mathews would take over as the lead back if the Eagles are able to swing a trade for Murray this offseason.

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Give the Jets the Eagles 2nd rounder, and then maybe I'd consider taking Murray off their hands.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

I would say a 2nd rounder should do the trick.

Give us Murray and a 2nd rounder. :)

The Ol' Thomas Jones 2007 Reach Around, eh? Sounds like a reasonably HEDGED trade that has upside for both teams. I'd be willing to bite if it were congruent to what Tanny pulled off in 2007:

If you are trying to figure out the Thomas Jones trade, it's pretty simple. The Bears moved up 26 spots in the second round, getting a Jets pick at No. 37. That's a prime position to get a borderline rookie starter or a quality prospect, writes John Clayton. . . Filling their need for a No. 1 ball carrier, the Jets agreed to a trade with the NFC champion Chicago Bears that landed them Thomas Jones and the 63rd overall pick in the upcoming draft in exchange for the 37th overall pick . . . Despite his age, . . he shared the workload early in his career. So, wear and tear isn't a concern to the Jets. . . . Jones agreed to a $20 million, four-year contract with the Jets, $12 million of which is guaranteed. Jones will be paid $13.1 million in the first two years of the deal. . . .I'll be 29 years old this year, but I haven't had a lot of carries for a 29-year-old back and I'm a workout warrior." Link.

If Jets were to SWAP our 2nd rounder (#51) for their 3rd(#77 -initially wanted their 2nd, but LA has Philly's #43) and be willing to absorb the salary (that's the MAJOR caveat IMO) and they throw in another Late Round pick to sweeten the pot it's worth the Short Term gamble; that said, STILL need to DRAFT a RB. SJS'Tyler Ervin PLEASE.

21 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Two years removed from a 400 touch season, high price tag, questionable durability? 

All valid points, but if he restructures (plausible if he's that miserable in Philly and truly wants out) and that permits us to dedicate/focus the remainder of draft on OL depth, a late-round scatback (Tyler Ervin PLEASE!), and Defensive depth then he's worth the 2-3 year rental until he breaks down acquiescing for the next young RB (drafted in '16 or as @JiF states better crop in '17) to take over. Thomas Jones scenario redux.

Remember, Fitzy & the passing game was MAINLY effective because Defenses were focused/concerned about Ivory busting into the 2nd level and STEAMROLLING DBs. If we lose Ivory, the Jets NEED an effective RB BRUISER to keep opposing defenses humble and prevent them from jumping Fitzy's pop-gun quick outs & slants in ChanChan's NFL spread offense. 

FWIW since the offense needs synergy as one facet alleviates pressure off the other: I like OTs Spriggs and Conklin more than Decker. RBs Elliot or Henry are worth our 2nd. I LOVE QB HOGAN as an apprentice  

this trashing of demarco murray is a thousand times more confusing then the trashing for kaepernick.

murray was severely misused last year by Philly, and still had 700+ yards.  he's a much better RB then Ivory, at least Murray can catch the ball out of the backfield. as for his durability concerns, we had the same wonder with Ivory.  seems that ivory worked out pretty well for us the past 2 seasons.  and how does he not fit into the offense?  Ivory was given  247 carries last season.  i'd be confident to say that with that amount of carries Murray would have much better production then Ivory.  

all this being said, i think he's a great talent but his price is too high and would imagine philly would have a decent price tag on him.

2 minutes ago, heymangold said:

this trashing of demarco murray is a thousand times more confusing then the trashing for kaepernick.

murray was severely misused last year by Philly, and still had 700+ yards.  he's a much better RB then Ivory, at least Murray can catch the ball out of the backfield. as for his durability concerns, we had the same wonder with Ivory.  seems that ivory worked out pretty well for us the past 2 seasons.  and how does he not fit into the offense?  Ivory was given  247 carries last season.  i'd be confident to say that with that amount of carries Murray would have much better production then Ivory.  

all this being said, i think he's a great talent but his price is too high and would imagine philly would have a decent price tag on him.

I agree 100% with you.  When I saw the Eagles were entertaining offers, it intrigued me very much. He could be the play maker in this offense.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Ridley is the only RB on the roster as we speak. I thought we were in the market to upgrade the position. What was I thinking sign Fitzpatrick and that fixes everything. 

I hear the Broncos are listening to offers for Peyton

7 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

All valid points, but if he restructures (plausible if he's that miserable in Philly and truly wants out) and that permits us to dedicate/focus the remainder of draft on OL depth, a late-round scatback (Tyler Ervin PLEASE!), and Defensive depth then he's worth the 2-3 year rental until he breaks down acquiescing for the next young RB (drafted in '16 or as @JiF states better crop in '17) to take over. Thomas Jones scenario redux.

Remember, Fitzy & the passing game was MAINLY effective because Defenses were focused/concerned about Ivory busting into the 2nd level and STEAMROLLING DBs. If we lose Ivory, the Jets NEED an effective RB BRUISER to keep opposing defenses humble and prevent them from jumping Fitzy's pop-gun quick outs & slants in ChanChan's NFL spread offense. 

FWIW since the offense needs synergy as one facet alleviates pressure off the other: I like OTs Spriggs and Conklin more than Decker. RBs Elliot or Henry are worth our 2nd. I LOVE QB HOGAN as an apprentice  

The 400 touches is what makes me think he's not worth it.  Every great back I can recall that had a 400 touch season falls off a cliff after that.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Ridley is the only RB on the roster as we speak. I thought we were in the market to upgrade the position. What was I thinking sign Fitzpatrick and that fixes everything. 

Ridley is a free agent. Zac Stacy is the only running back (except Dri Archer now I suppose) on the roster. 

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Ridley is a free agent. Zac Stacy is the only running back (except Dri Archer now I suppose) on the roster. 

Yes you are correct heres the list of NY Jets free agents  http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/new-york-jets/

I would like Ridley back feel as if he has something to prove after his injury. 

Archived