Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

3 hours ago, kelly said:

The drama is building. We're only 12 days away from the NFL draft, and there are two major storylines with the New York Jets -- Ryan Fitzpatrick andMuhammad Wilkerson. This week's mailbag question addresses both (kind of).

@RichCimini if the jets trade up for Goff or Wentz (assuming Mo part of package), chances they still sign fitz? #jetsmail

Don't know many babysitters who get $7mm/year.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

He was a free agent last year? Whadduyaknow? You sure know your Jets football you sexy thang

He's a free agent right now is what I meant.....does this mean you dont want to meet for coffee..........good thing because I'm not and never will be interested you mean old man. 

32 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He's a free agent right now is what I meant.....does this mean you dont want to meet for coffee..........good thing because I'm not and never will be interested you mean old man. 

Woh cuz! I am just trying to be a gentleman taking you out for coffee first.... I will buy? 

On April 14, 2016 at 4:07 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

He should shut up. Nothing he says can help, and he can only hurt. Whether by tone or words, he is giving people a view into what the team really thinks. 

And not for nothing, but he contradicted the public position taken by his own GM.

So I revert to my prior sentiment, that the next time he opens his mouth someone should put a doody in it. 

While I don't dislike Woody as much as many others do, I completely agree with this. (especially the doody part) 

A good example of your point is Sonny from the Godfather. One comment during a negotiation meeting is what led to the hit on his father and ultimately his own death. One comment that showed the wrong people what he was thinking. It really is important to keep your trap shut and only let the necessary information out. Allowing your negotiators to negotiate would be the order of the day I think. 

8 hours ago, section314 said:

Don't know many babysitters who get $7mm/year.

Ya know what though? I actually like this plan. Like was said, it's basically getting the two QB's for 11 mil or so. One to keep continuity and the team competitive while giving the rookie a year to prepare, learn and mature from an intelligent albeit limited QB in Fitz. Adding that Fitz is great guy to help teach this particular system.

Having Petty who has been in the system for a year as well would make a position group with some true potential. It would be the strongest QB situation we've had in many many years if ever. It looks like sound and patient thinking from my point of view at the moment.  

4 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Ya know what though? I actually like this plan. Like was said, it's basically getting the two QB's for 11 mil or so. One to keep continuity and the team competitive while giving the rookie a year to prepare, learn and mature from an intelligent albeit limited QB in Fitz. Adding that Fitz is great guy to help teach this particular system.

Having Petty who has been in the system for a year as well would make a position group with some true potential. It would be the strongest QB situation we've had in many many years if ever. It looks like sound and patient thinking from my point of view at the moment.  

This is a well thought out position and quite logical plan but unfortunately it has no place in this forum.? Due to the intelligence of the of said plan.

8 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

We are not going up to get Wentz, or Goff. If we did he would start at some point this year. That would make Fitz signing unlikely.

Your plan would work with Lynch, Cook, or a later round QB. It's already happening with Petty(Can't wait to see him in preseason). 

Hopefully Geno has a great camp so we can sucker some team out of something for him...if Woody keeps his mouth shut.

On 4/14/2016 at 4:07 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

He should shut up. Nothing he says can help, and he can only hurt. Whether by tone or words, he is giving people a view into what the team really thinks. 

And not for nothing, but he contradicted the public position taken by his own GM.

So I revert to my prior sentiment, that the next time he opens his mouth someone should put a doody in it. 

Of course Woody doesn't help anyone by talking, but Idk if he has any inside info on how Mac and Bowles feel about Geno starting. 

Anyone other than a few people on this site can guess that Geno is on no ones list of prefered starters. 

53 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Of course Woody doesn't help anyone by talking, but Idk if he has any inside info on how Mac and Bowles feel about Geno starting. 

Anyone other than a few people on this site can guess that Geno is on no ones list of prefered starters. 

It is presumed that he either has spoken to them about it, and even if he hasn't, he overrules them anyway as their boss. So he should just zip it, but his ego won't let himself look like someone else is in charge of putting together, and managing, the Jets. 

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It is presumed that he either has spoken to them about it, and even if he hasn't, he overrules them anyway as their boss. So he should just zip it, but his ego won't let himself look like someone else is in charge of putting together, and managing, the Jets. 

If Woody asked you how you felt about Geno starting, how would you react? Would you discuss it?

10 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

If Woody asked you how you felt about Geno starting, how would you react? Would you discuss it?

I know you didn't ask me, but I would tell him that JoeWilly12 thinks Geno would be awesome, and JoeWilly12 knows more football than most GMs, and I would also tell him that 47 years is too long!! And this is the year, so put Geno in and make it happen!!

3 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

I know you didn't ask me, but I would tell him that JoeWilly12 thinks Geno would be awesome, and JoeWilly12 knows more football than most GMs, and I would also tell him that 47 years is too long!! And this is the year, so put Geno in and make it happen!!

JoeWilly is a QB whisperer as in pssst Todd put my guy Geno in..:)

20 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

16 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

JoeWilly is a QB whisperer as in pssst Todd put my guy Geno in..:)

joewilly12 is a fan with opinions just like you 2 clowns. Whats been going on here for 47 years obviously hasn't worked. I saw a lot of positives in Geno Smith and a lot of negatives as with any NFL QB except the elite few. 

Geno Smith had in my opinion the worst OC in MM in the league and the worst WRs corp in the league with Gates and Nelson. 

Chan Gailey did wonders with Fitzpatrick id like to see if he could do the same with Geno Smith. 

No whispering here my opinions are out there for all to see. 

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

joewilly12 is a fan with opinions just like you 2 clowns. Whats been going on here for 47 years obviously hasn't worked. I saw a lot of positives in Geno Smith and a lot of negatives as with any NFL QB except the elite few. 

Geno Smith had in my opinion the worst OC in MM in the league and the worst WRs corp in the league with Gates and Nelson. 

Chan Gailey did wonders with Fitzpatrick id like to see if he could do the same with Geno Smith. 

No whispering here my opinions are out there for all to see. 

Hey, if your into clowns, Id be happy to role play? Wig, white face paint, red nose, you name it, you got it!

Just now, BowlesMovement said:

Hey, if your into clowns, Id be happy to role play? Wig, white face paint, red nose, you name it, you got it!

No thanks straight 8 here with no desire to help you carry out any sick deranged demented minded fantasy. 

Are you a registered sex offender? 

1 minute ago, BowlesMovement said:

I like the way your thinking outside the box, and I don't want to discourage that, but, me and JW12 are building some chemistry here.

I've noticed.  And for the sanity of the board, I was trying to break up that "chemistry" a bit.

Kap isn't off the board yet. Do I think he's the answer? No. But he'd be a veteran who could come in and compete for a starting spot at much cheaper than Fitz.

Ideally, I'd like to steal Kap, and go after a QB in the higher rounds.

3 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

What does it matter how I would react? I'm not the owner of the Jets, nor am I a member of the Jets' FO, nor do I represent the team in any way. It is totally different to compare that to how any fan would respond.

2 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Guys who make this claim are usually gayer than a $3 bill.

Just saying.

The only reason I can figure you are here on a Jets board is because you might swing that way and you are too scared to come out of closet with your Patriots posse. 

Just saying. 

Archived