Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Lol it's completely ridiculous. Then those same people patting him on the head for such a smart, "no-brainer" signing - after he doesn't have nearly the stats he had in 2015 and we miss the playoffs again - will be the first to pile on how stupid he was for forking over $12M+ when nobody else was offering more than $6-7M (if even that). Ok, they'd be the second one(s). Some of us would be in the earlier, first batch. :) 

sounds alot like you patting yourself on the back for predicting the future. you have no idea how fitzpatrick will play next year. keep preaching the sos, injuries, and nice weather on a record breaking offensive performance. you would think by listening to some around here, that fitzpatrick would have lead the jets to a 2-14 season with a tougher schedule and not so nice weather. give me a break.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, JiF said:

lol - fwiw I had the same issue and couldnt renew my tags when I needed to this year because they were unpaid. 

Damn, how'd you resolve things?  I have a callback coming (hopefully) from a supervisor in a couple days.

7 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Damn, how'd you resolve things?  I have a callback coming (hopefully) from a supervisor in a couple days.

Luckily mine didnt get escalated to 1k.  Mine were only like 20 for each violation.  About 6 of them all over the state of Florida.  I blow those things all the time if I'm in Central or South Florida because you need to use their tolls.  So I had to call around to all the toll companies and find out who I owed and just paid it all off and then I could renew once I was squared away.

37 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I think both sides are doing just what they should be doing.

The Jets are being patient and are not willing to go beyond a certain price point.

Fitz is waiting to try and squeeze out a few more dollars.

It's business and the way the NFL works, the Jets want Fitz and he wants to be here, if the money doesn't work the jets move on and fitz signs somewhere else probably for less or he retires (which is a very real possibility in my mind that never gets talked about.)

There will be some line in the sand point for the jets that we don't know yet, draft?  Off season workouts?  who knows.

personally, i dont think any "negotiations" are going on as we speak. i think it was left at "we would love to have you back at this much $$. go test the market and let us know"

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

At some point, the gap in what Fitz's agent wants compared to the market will create a situation where Fitz waits for another franchise's QB situation to have a major disaster, then sign a 1-year deal with that team. 

Just makes no sense from his end to keep his demands so high.  It's better for him that he gets $8-9M per on a 2-year deal than to sign a 1-year contract and test the waters again at 34.  The contract he's looking for is his last one, to finish off his career on.  He should be willing to take what the market is offering, no?

If he waits for an injury to a good starter, he's only getting $4m to "join the QB room" for the remainder of the year. The in-place backup would probably take over knowing the playbook and having participated in the full off-season program.

I'll be the first to acknowledge that this is part of the business of the NFL. However, he's overplaying his hand at this point... 

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

Luckily mine didnt get escalated to 1k.  Mine were only like 20 for each violation.  About 6 of them all over the state of Florida.  I blow those things all the time if I'm in Central or South Florida because you need to use their tolls.  So I had to call around to all the toll companies and find out who I owed and just paid it all off and then I could renew once I was squared away.

Got it.  Thanks for the info.  Good to know it could actually prevent registration.  Better to know now vs last minute at the DMV.

5 minutes ago, pointman said:

Too many pages so I open the last page. Glad to know we are talking about DMV issues. 

Ha, sorry just raised it as an example of how ridiculous Fitz's demands are.  

But hey, at least DMV info can be helpful.  Talk of paying Fitz 10mil+ is just a waste.

51 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Retirement or signing somewhere else sound like great options at the moment.  Wish he'd just do one of 'em already.  This situation is beyond annoying.

15mil is lunacy. 

As I type this I'm dealing with some EZ Pass violations from a couple years ago.  Like 10 of 'em totaling maybe 7 bucks or so.  I call and find out they want almost $1,200!  Insanity.  Had to laugh and hang up.

However that seems reasonable in comparison to paying Fitz 15mil.  Think Fitz may have taken one-too-many shots to his head.

So it went from 7 million to more than 7-8 million to 10 million and is now 15 million, can we hear 20 ,million?  anyone?  anyone bid 20 million?

Just now, Mike135 said:

Wouldn't doubt Fitz's agent already has.

Don't blame Fitz or his agent for doing what any player would do on probably his last contract after coming off a career year.

Blame the fools in Houston who just handed a totally unproven Qb 18 million a year or so and the idiots in Philly who handed Sam Bradford 17 million and chase daniel  7 mill a year.  Teams in this league set a perceived market and the smart teams like the jets laugh and say we are not going that far. 

Just now, Beerfish said:

Don't blame Fitz or his agent for doing what any player would do on probably his last contract after coming off a career year.

Blame the fools in Houston who just handed a totally unproven Qb 18 million a year or so and the idiots in Philly who handed Sam Bradford 17 million and chase daniel  7 mill a year.  Teams in this league set a perceived market and the smart teams like the jets laugh and say we are not going that far. 

With that said, the market has now rather loudly spoken:  Fitz is not worth that type of money to anyone.

Now is the time Fitz should be speaking with the Jets, and accepting their best offer.

Presuming a better offer has not been extended.  I see little gain for Fitz in waiting now.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

With that said, the market has now rather loudly spoken:  Fitz is not worth that type of money to anyone.

Now is the time Fitz should be speaking with the Jets, and accepting their best offer.

Presuming a better offer has not been extended.  I see little gain for Fitz in waiting now.

Maybe he thinks that it's unlikely the Jets are able to move up from 20 to get one of the top QB prospects.  In which case, in his mind, we'd be kind of left with our d*cks in our hands and be forced to more closely meet his demands. 

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I agree though Denver is still a bit of a wildcard here.  It may even be as some people speculate, that they have a deal in place and are just not ready to finalize it.  I really can't get a gauge on just how stubborn Fitz is or how willing he is to do something on principle. (such as retire)

I think the Jets should bring in Hoyer for a visit to turn the pressure up on Fitz (even if they don't have any interest in signing Hoyer). Fitz needs to realize this is a buyer's market at this stage, he's like a jackass trying to sell his home for 250k when it appraises for 150k. 

18 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I think the Jets should bring in Hoyer for a visit to turn the pressure up on Fitz (even if they don't have any interest in signing Hoyer). Fitz needs to realize this is a buyer's market at this stage, he's like a jackass trying to sell his home for 250k when it appraises for 150k. 

Hoyer is still with houston I believe and has not been cut thus they can't do that.  Fitz is well aware of his competition and I don't think a visit is going to jump start things.  I think we will know one way or the other what is going to happen close to the draft.

32 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Wouldn't doubt Fitz's agent already has.

but the way things are spoken around here, you would think there are a buncha guys claiming fitz to be joe montana and we should pay him 15m-18m a year. when in reallity, all we hear is how fitz will never have another year like 2015, his season ONLY  was acheived due to the easiest shcedule in nfl history, the greatest offensive coordinator that ever lived, 2 super human wide receivers making nothing but bail out catches, and i almost forgot the most important one. the lovely weather. then go onto explain why fitz cost the jets the playoffs, geno never got a fair shot, brian hoyer would be just as affective, if not better, blah,blah,blah. lets not forget about the holy grail proof that fitz sucks. th blog some clown wrote trying to prove that fitz sucks. mostly of excellent play calls, passes, and reads. you cant make this sh*t up

2 hours ago, kelly said:

As the Jets get closer to the start of their offseason program, they’re no closer to having their starting quarterback back under contract.Chris Carlin of SiriusXM Mad Dog Radio reports, citing a source familiar with the negotiations, that the Jets and quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick are still “not close” on a new deal.It’s unclear how much the Jets have offered. At one point, the prevailing sense was that the Jets had maxed out in the range of $7 million. More recently, Rich Cimini of ESPN.com reported that the pending offer is “better than” the perceived range of $7 million to $8 million. It’s also unclear what Fitzpatrick specifically wants; some have suggested he’s at or above $15 million per year in his expectations.

Regardless, a major gap still exists. And while the Jets have other options (last month, coach Todd Bowles said that the team has plans B, C, and D in place), Fitzpatrick apparently continues to be the team’s plan A.

The real question is whether Fitzpatrick has other options. For now, he apparently doesn’t, at least not at the kind of number he’d accept. At some point, the question becomes whether Fitzpatrick will do what left tackle D’Brickashaw Ferguson did. Indeed, if the Jets won’t increase their offer and if no one else will offer Fitzpatrick more and if he’s not willing to play for what the Jets are offering, retirement for the 33-year-old quarterback becomes a viable potential outcome.

Or maybe Fitzpatrick will just sit and wait for the Jets or someone else to realize that a team has needs at the position, that Fitzpatrick has the skills to fill those needs, and that the team is willing to pay him what we wants. Unless and until Fitzpatrick agrees to play for a lot less than he currently wants, not playing until he gets what he wants could be the only real option.

And if he never gets what he wants, not playing again becomes a real option, too.

>        http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/13/jets-fitzpatrick-still-not-close/

If the Jets are offering 9-10 million/year and that's too low for him, I'd rather start geno/petty/whoever and give up this season, than re-sign Fitz, overpay, and give up the next few seasons. 

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

If the Jets are offering 9-10 million/year and that's too low for him, I'd rather start geno/petty/whoever and give up this season, than re-sign Fitz, overpay, and give up the next few seasons. 

notice how there are no real offers known to fitz? just ball parks and alot of guessing. this is new york. they need a story. problem is that they dont have one so the speculation continues. all be settled come draft time

6 minutes ago, ylekram said:

notice how there are no real offers known to fitz? just ball parks and alot of guessing. this is new york. they need a story. problem is that they dont have one so the speculation continues. all be settled come draft time

I can only hope that this is the case. I'd love to have Fitz back for a year two, without strapping us for cash while we look for the Franchise guy. 

32 minutes ago, ylekram said:

but the way things are spoken around here, you would think there are a buncha guys claiming fitz to be joe montana and we should pay him 15m-18m a year. when in reallity, all we hear is how fitz will never have another year like 2015, his season ONLY  was acheived due to the easiest shcedule in nfl history, the greatest offensive coordinator that ever lived, 2 super human wide receivers making nothing but bail out catches, and i almost forgot the most important one. the lovely weather. then go onto explain why fitz cost the jets the playoffs, geno never got a fair shot, brian hoyer would be just as affective, if not better, blah,blah,blah. lets not forget about the holy grail proof that fitz sucks. th blog some clown wrote trying to prove that fitz sucks. mostly of excellent play calls, passes, and reads. you cant make this sh*t up

So are you saying Fitz is worth over or under 5mil?

If <= 5mil:  well said.  Cheers!

If over 5mil:  Geno Rules!

44 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Hoyer is still with houston I believe and has not been cut thus they can't do that.  Fitz is well aware of his competition and I don't think a visit is going to jump start things.  I think we will know one way or the other what is going to happen close to the draft.

Agree on both points.  The logic of Fitz's position is that for the time being he can afford to wait until perhaps the Jets get nervous and offer more or some other team does something that raises his own leverage some.  As for what the Jets could do to change the perception that Fitz remains their preferred option going forward, there are limits to what can be done then.  Because they have to make sense. 

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I think both sides are doing just what they should be doing.

The Jets are being patient and are not willing to go beyond a certain price point.

Fitz is waiting to try and squeeze out a few more dollars.

It's business and the way the NFL works, the Jets want Fitz and he wants to be here, if the money doesn't work the jets move on and fitz signs somewhere else probably for less or he retires (which is a very real possibility in my mind that never gets talked about.)

There will be some line in the sand point for the jets that we don't know yet, draft?  Off season workouts?  who knows.

Mostly agree with you

no way a wife this hot let's him pass up 10 mil to retire though.

the agent Fitz is using has a track record of waiting until the last possible moment unless he gets the extra high numbers he's trying for.

what possible incentive do they have to agree to 10 (easy ballpark guess) up to a couple days before the draft?

i can see a fear of us making a move for one of the top QB's immediately around the draft ... But they certainly can wait 7-10 more days with no repercussions 

image.jpeg

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I agree though Denver is still a bit of a wildcard here.  It may even be as some people speculate, that they have a deal in place and are just not ready to finalize it.  I really can't get a gauge on just how stubborn Fitz is or how willing he is to do something on principle. (such as retire)

So now Fitz is potentially "insulted" with an offer of $8 to $10 Million dollars when Brady makes $9 Million. 

The Jets are "insulting" a guy who won ten games for the first time in his career for whatever reason by making it possible for him to make that kind of money. Insulting him  

Retire then.   

Cause you won't easily see that "insult" in money terms after you leave the NFL I can garantree him that.   

You'd think that the Jets were paying him food stamps the way some out here act   

Good Grief 

10 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

So now Fitz is potentially "insulted" with an offer of $8 to $10 Million dollars when Brady makes $9 Million. 

The Jets are "insulting" a guy who won ten games for the first time in his career for whatever reason by making it possible for him to make that kind of money. Insulting him  

Retire then.   

Cause you won't easily see that "insult" in money terms after you leave the NFL I can garantree him that.   

You'd think that the Jets were paying him food stamps the way some out here act   

Good Grief 

Exactly thanks Fitzpatrick for a great last season,not good enough to make the playoffs but thanks. 

Time for the Jets to move on and not overpay this guy. 

6 hours ago, ylekram said:

sounds alot like you patting yourself on the back for predicting the future. you have no idea how fitzpatrick will play next year. keep preaching the sos, injuries, and nice weather on a record breaking offensive performance. you would think by listening to some around here, that fitzpatrick would have lead the jets to a 2-14 season with a tougher schedule and not so nice weather. give me a break.

If you say so. 

14 hours ago, drdetroit said:

The Bradford deal and later on the RG3 contract with the Browns really screwed us.

The Jets were trying to lock him up for 3 months before those deals were signed. 

Once they were signed it certainly didn't help any, but extending him would have been done well before those contracts were announced if they were truly the root/only obstacles. 

46 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The Jets need to watch that tape again and let him remain an ex-Jet.

I don't want to overpay Fitz either and am ready to let him walk if he doesn't take what we're offering, but the whole team played like dog sh!t up in Buffalo. Drops balls, wiffed punts, soul-less defense, penalities, lack of run game, etc. Just bad overall, with Fitz self-destructing. The irony is if Thompkins wasn't shook and catches a ball that should have been caught, a lot of people here would have said, "Fitz is a fighter and winner, a clutch QB who never quits..." 

14 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I don't want to overpay Fitz either and am ready to let him walk if he doesn't take what we're offering, but the whole team played like dog sh!t up in Buffalo. Drops balls, wiffed punts, soul-less defense, penalities, lack of run game, etc. Just bad overall, with Fitz self-destructing. The irony is if Thompkins wasn't shook and catches a ball that should have been caught, a lot of people here would have said, "Fitz is a fighter and winner, a clutch QB who never quits..." 

all lies!! it was 100% fitzpatricks fault.

6 hours ago, ylekram said:

righttt. then you can send them tapes of 2 years of geno and bam! instant starter. problem solved

the most popular player on the team to the casual fan is the backup QB even when the same player flamed out when he was the starter

Archived