Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

Fitz has gotta see what's happening around him right?

All other legit FA/trade QB options have been done.  

Fitz remains jobless.

Now QB needed teams see Fitz @10mil+ and instead decide to give up their 2016 and '17 drafts in exchange for a rookie QB most don't consider that great of a prospect.

The Jets tried as well.

Not one single team can stomach the thought of Fitz starting.  Even if Fitz doesn't see this, I really hope Macc n Bowles do.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Fitz has gotta see what's happening around him right?

All other legit FA/trade QB options have been done.  

Fitz remains jobless.

Now QB needed teams see Fitz @10mil+ and instead decide to give up their 2016 and '17 drafts in exchange for a rookie QB most don't consider that great of a prospect.

The Jets tried as well.

Not one single team can stomach the thought of Fitz starting.  Even if Fitz doesn't see this, I really hope Macc n Bowles do.

Broncos have a look til their heard 18 million. He is coming back for a symbolic yearly number. 10 per average but the last couple years will be voidable funny funny so it will basically be a two year 18 -19 million dollar deal 

36 minutes ago, jgb said:

Broncos have a look til their heard 18 million. He is coming back for a symbolic yearly number. 10 per average but the last couple years will be voidable funny funny so it will basically be a two year 18 -19 million dollar deal 

Really hope Macc sticks to 7 or just moves on w/o him, but I guess that's not the worst deal ever either.

cimini_rich_m.jpg

Rich CiminiESPN Staff Writer 

Jets owner Woody Johnson said there's nothing new to report on unsigned QB Ryan Fitzpatrick. Asked if its "imperative" they re-sign Fitzpatrick, Johnson said, "No, no. I think this is a big team. We've made our statements regarding Ryan Fitzpatrick well-known, and I'll stick with those that we've made."

>       http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

36 minutes ago, kelly said:
cimini_rich_m.jpg

Rich CiminiESPN Staff Writer 

Jets owner Woody Johnson said there's nothing new to report on unsigned QB Ryan Fitzpatrick. Asked if its "imperative" they re-sign Fitzpatrick, Johnson said, "No, no. I think this is a big team. We've made our statements regarding Ryan Fitzpatrick well-known, and I'll stick with those that we've made."

>       http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

Cheers Woody!!!

4fd0d1ed4b0778707d780f9e302f89a9.jpg

19 minutes ago, flgreen said:

IDK if a cyril smith fan shoud be happy with what Woody said if Fitz doesn't come back.

Woody asked if he would be OK with Geno being the starter if Fitz does not sign: "The coaching staff and Mike would look at alternatives."

Well he can't hand Geno the job.  Guy has gotta earn it (which I think he will).

19 minutes ago, flgreen said:

IDK if a cyril smith fan shoud be happy with what Woody said if Fitz doesn't come back.

Woody asked if he would be OK with Geno being the starter if Fitz does not sign: "The coaching staff and Mike would look at alternatives."

Woof! Not exactly a ringing endorsement there.

But seriously, whether it's this or the prior comment about the Fitz negotiations, Woody really needs to shut his yapper. He isn't nearly savvy enough to use the media to do his bidding (without getting repeated warnings from Goodell), helps nothing by talking, and might even hurt.

What does he think he's gaining by saying anything at all? So we go on to trade up and draft a QB in round 1, and cut Geno 5 seconds later (if it takes that long). I think people will then be able to figure out how much they valued Geno at that time. Plus, if I'm remembering correctly, he's contradicting his GM from like 2 weeks ago, who at least wants to feed that phony-baloney option to the media until the situation is resolved. 

Next time he opens his mouth someone needs to put a doody in it.

19 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Exactly thanks Fitzpatrick for a great last season,not good enough to make the playoffs but thanks. 

Time for the Jets to move on and not overpay this guy. 

Agreed. If he decides to retire, good riddance. Would rather continue to rebuild. I think a retirement in the court of Public Opinion would rule in favor of the Jets

7 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Woof! Not exactly a ringing endorsement there.

But seriously, whether it's this or the prior comment about the Fitz negotiations, Woody really needs to shut his yapper. He isn't nearly savvy enough to use the media to do his bidding (without getting repeated warnings from Goodell), helps nothing by talking, and might even hurt.

What does he think he's gaining by saying anything at all? So we go on to trade up and draft a QB in round 1, and cut Geno 5 seconds later (if it takes that long). I think people will then be able to figure out how much they valued Geno at that time. Plus, if I'm remembering correctly, he's contradicting his GM from like 2 weeks ago, who at least wants to feed that phony-baloney option to the media until the situation is resolved. 

Next time he opens his mouth someone needs to put a doody in it.

He can't say nothing. To me, this is as close to no comment as you can get

13 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

He can't say nothing. To me, this is as close to no comment as you can get

One can always say nothing if one wants to. Woody likes looking like he's in charge so he can't help it.

How many other team owners get quoted about ongoing player negotiations?

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

One can always say nothing if one wants to. Woody likes looking like he's in charge so he can't help it.

How many other team owners get quoted about ongoing player negotiations?

I know other teams have been charged for tampering although this wouldn't be tampering. Usually, damage is on a case by case basis. 

17 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

What does this have to do with tampering? What are you even talking about?

Because usually when Woody is criticized for talking, it is done in a tampering claim. I don't see how this does any damage to the situation without maintaining the status quo

11 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Because usually when Woody is criticized for talking, it is done in a tampering claim. I don't see how this does any damage to the situation without maintaining the status quo

He should shut up. Nothing he says can help, and he can only hurt. Whether by tone or words, he is giving people a view into what the team really thinks. 

And not for nothing, but he contradicted the public position taken by his own GM.

So I revert to my prior sentiment, that the next time he opens his mouth someone should put a doody in it. 

24 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Bwahhhhhhhhhhh Santonio Holmes........

Yeah Santonio Holmes.   In two years with the great Mark  Sanchez as QB Holmes had 103 receptions,out of 196 targets, 53% with 14 TD's

In two years with smith, Holmes had 43 receptions out of 100 targets 43% and  2TD's

I know it's not fair to compare the stats with a future HOF'er in Mark Sanchez, but still what a drop off 

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

Yeah Santonio Holmes.   In two years with the great Mark  Sanchez as QB Holmes had 103 receptions,out of 196 targets, 53% with 14 TD's

In two years with smith, Holmes had 43 receptions out of 100 targets 43% and  2TD's

I know it's not fair to compare the stats with a future HOF'er in Mark Sanchez, but still what a drop off 

Not defending either of those 2 stiffs, or that dirtbag Holmes, but wasn't there kind of a difference with Holmes pre-injury and post-injury? As in night and day difference?

How did Holmes do after getting cut by the Jets? If his career bounced right back that would be a better argument.

22 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Not defending either of those 2 stiffs, or that dirtbag Holmes, but wasn't there kind of a difference with Holmes pre-injury and post-injury? As in night and day difference?

How did Holmes do after getting cut by the Jets? If his career bounced right back that would be a better argument.

It's pretty clear his spirit was broken after being subjected to smith for two years.  :)

4 hours ago, flgreen said:

Holmes play diminished after the LanFrance sp? injury and so did his attitude. 

How does the schedule, in particular the crazy start, affect the decision on Fitz and the QB in general?

My view is that it's hardly ideal to throw a rookie into a run of matches like that. Even if they decide to go with Geno and not bother with Fitz it would be crazy to trade up in the draft now wouldn't it? Especially as there's a good chance that any 2017 picks they give away are potentially likely to be quite high ones.

Apologies if this post is a load of rubbish, I'm still learning about the game 

Aside from the New York Jets discussing a potential deal with quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, no other team is "remotely interested" in Fitzpatrick at his current asking price, Newsday's Bob Glauber said, according to Pro Football Talk's Rob Guerrera.

The Jets have offered Fitzpatrick a deal worth more than $7-8 million, however are still not close to a deal. Fitzpatrick, 33, wants a deal with a salary figure comparable to what free agent Brock Osweiler received (four years, $72 million). 

Head coach Todd Bowles said in March that he understands where both sides stand and that "everyone has a right to be stubborn" regarding contract talks.The Jets had previously shown interest in several other quarterbacks this offseason, including Colin KaepernickMike Glennon and Robert Griffin III.

Fitzpatrick threw for 3,905 yards, 31 touchdowns and 15 interceptions with the Jets last season.

>       https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/report-no-other-teams-remotely-interested-in-fitzpatrick-at-current-pricetag/172263800

8 hours ago, kelly said:

Aside from the New York Jets discussing a potential deal with quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, no other team is "remotely interested" in Fitzpatrick at his current asking price, Newsday's Bob Glauber said, according to Pro Football Talk's Rob Guerrera.

The Jets have offered Fitzpatrick a deal worth more than $7-8 million, however are still not close to a deal. Fitzpatrick, 33, wants a deal with a salary figure comparable to what free agent Brock Osweiler received (four years, $72 million). 

Head coach Todd Bowles said in March that he understands where both sides stand and that "everyone has a right to be stubborn" regarding contract talks.The Jets had previously shown interest in several other quarterbacks this offseason, including Colin KaepernickMike Glennon and Robert Griffin III.

Fitzpatrick threw for 3,905 yards, 31 touchdowns and 15 interceptions with the Jets last season.

>       https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/report-no-other-teams-remotely-interested-in-fitzpatrick-at-current-pricetag/172263800

:rl: 

8 hours ago, kelly said:

giphy.gif

The drama is building. We're only 12 days away from the NFL draft, and there are two major storylines with the New York Jets -- Ryan Fitzpatrick andMuhammad Wilkerson. This week's mailbag question addresses both (kind of).

@RichCimini if the jets trade up for Goff or Wentz (assuming Mo part of package), chances they still sign fitz? #jetsmail

I have no doubts that Fitz wants to come back to the Jets and isn't bent out of shape about negotiations. Trying to figure him out is another thing. He could be waiting on another team who said they were interested but were waiting to see moves from other teams. I really doubt the Jets are the only team he's presently talking to. Or it just could be he has the same mindset as Brick. He will play at his price and if not retire healthy. It's just not worth it to play cheap esp health wise. No matter what some of you think he's worth he's made his own bottom line.

43 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I have no doubts that Fitz wants to come back to the Jets and isn't bent out of shape about negotiations. Trying to figure him out is another thing. He could be waiting on another team who said they were interested but were waiting to see moves from other teams. I really doubt the Jets are the only team he's presently talking to. Or it just could be he has the same mindset as Brick. He will play at his price and if not retire healthy. It's just not worth it to play cheap esp health wise. No matter what some of you think he's worth he's made his own bottom line.

Who else wants him......everyone in the NFL had a chance to sign him last year and only the Jets did. 

Archived