Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

28 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

All true...  but IMO the rub is that FITZ wants to be paid for one good season. At $12 mil, he is WAY overpaid and yet that is his offer basically.

Well..Id  like him too  BUT he can go Fukk himself, he is delusional as to his worth.

That's how the sport works. Players cash in, when the opportunity presents itself.

It's really not relevant to worry about what they pay him. If he comes back next year, and we find ourselves winning in the playoffs, who the **** is going to care what they paid him for a 1-year contract?

Don't get me wrong, I know he's not a $12+ mil QB in principle, but really... who cares if they overpay him, if we make a run?

I'm more of the mindset that you determine if a player was worth his contract after seeing how well he plays under that contract, and how he augments the totality of what the team does. So, with that in mind, losing our collective sh*t over the notion that he's asking for what the market price is, and we as fans are insulted by the principle of a player trying to max his value ... seems ******* stupid.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I think, maybe, you missed the point.

not only did he miss the point but his comment is ridiculous. Fitz threw a lot of damn good TD passes last year ..... and as with ANY QB in the entire NFL WR's need to make plays now and then. This fan base has a totally warped view of the QB position in general.

Just now, Smashmouth said:

not only did he miss the point but his comment is ridiculous. Fitz threw a lot of damn good TD passes last year ..... and as with ANY QB in the entire NFL WR's need to make plays now and then. This fan base has a totally warped view of the QB position in general.

The majority of Jet fans get exactly what they deserve from this God-forsaken franchise... it's the small portion of decent fans that my heart goes out to.

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

That's how the sport works. Players cash in, when the opportunity presents itself.

It's really not relevant to worry about what they pay him. If he comes back next year, and we find ourselves winning in the playoffs, who the **** is going to care what they paid him for a 1-year contract?

Don't get me wrong, I know he's not a $12+ mil QB in principle, but really... who cares if they overpay him, if we make a run?

I'm more of the mindset that you determine if a player was worth his contract after seeing how well he plays under that contract, and how he augments the totality of what the team does. So, with that in mind, losing our collective sh*t over the notion that he's asking for what the market price is, and we as fans are insulted by the principle of a player trying to max his value ... seems ******* stupid.

Really?  How has that worked out for the JETS?  Revis? Over paid.   Holmes? Overpaid.  Sanchez?   Overpaid.

there is nothing about FITZ that tells me he can do better than Geno that warrants tying up cash like that.  Id rather start geno, devlop Hack.  

A run you claim? (all due respect)..like 2007 where we got blown away by the PATS and Chad?    No one remembers the eagles 4 NFC Championship runs.  We need a team that can be built for a REAL run and FITZ aint part of that team.

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Really?  How has that worked out for the JETS?  Revis? Over paid.   Holmes? Overpaid.  Sanchez?   Overpaid.

there is nothing about FITZ that tells me he can do better than Geno that warrants tying up cash like that.  Id rather start geno, devlop Hack.  

A run you claim? (all due respect)..like 2007 where we got blown away by the PATS and Chad?    No one remembers the eagles 4 NFC Championship runs.  We need a team that can be built for a REAL run and FITZ aint part of that team.

Did you even read my post?

11 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Might as well use those runway flashlights to point to his target before throwing it. Not that Geno has been any better, but Fitz has such tunnel vision. 

Looking again now because it's on a loop. Jesus, could he have thrown a more perfect pass to the defender? Bounced off 2 hands. 

And this was my point. If it's not dropped, and comes back the other way for 6, was it really any worse of a pass? Is doing a better job passing defined by a defender missing an opportunity served up on a silver platter? The stats that people say "don't lie" mark up this potential game/season-blowing choke job of a throw the same as intentionally spiking it to kill the clock. 

But by all means pay him $12M for this season alone, like he's requesting as an alleged cave-in. I'm sure there will be excuses galore as we face non-depleted top 5 defense after top 5 defense in Sept-Oct, because the defense will now also have to face a bunch of good offenses as well. I'm sure we'll run the table if only we bring him back to start, and it'll be money well spent.

Exactly, he's locked onto his receiver from the moment the ball is snapped. assumes the LB is following the crossing route and ends up throwing the ball right into his hands, he never sees him coming because he's staring down his target the whole time. that to me is the most limited part of fitzpatrick's game, even more so than the feeble arm strength

Manny-Lawson-drop.png

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We know what we have in Geno.  And he's f*cking terrible.  Start him if you want to not watch the season and get a nice draft pick.  That's all you'll get.

The thing is, you dont.  Why you dont accept that is really strange but whatevs.  Keep doing your thing. 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

The thing is, you dont.  Why you dont accept that is really strange but whatevs.  Keep doing your thing. 

Every single thing this regime has done has suggested a complete distrust in Geno Smith.  Actions speak louder than words.  They see this guy every day.  You and I do not.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Every single thing this regime has done has suggested a complete distrust in Geno Smith.  Actions speak louder than words.  They see this guy every day.  You and I do not.

Like the fact he's been the #1 since Fitz blew week 17?  While Fitz is still unsigned.

There are no bigger actions than those.

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But wait, don't they know they have a veteran QB in Geno Smith?  DON'T THEY  KNOW HE'S SECRETLY GOOD???

Besides all of that noise, my biggest fear is that Petty gets cut for some vet, Hackenberg never turns out, and Petty figures it out with someone we all hate. Because that's the feeling I'm getting right now. Petty has gotten better since last year from all reports.

7 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Like the fact he's been the #1 since Fitz blew week 17?  While Fitz is still unsigned.

There are no bigger actions than those.

That's really logical. He never played a game. The only way Geno could ever win a job. 

Damn Macc, could've had Hoyer for 2mil as backup, learning this entire time through OTAs.  

Do something already.  Otherwise we're going into 2016 with two QBs in Petty and Hack who are currently 3rd stringers at best, and some low-end newly signed vet rushing to learn the system as backup.

I don't get it.  It's like Macc is purposely making this worse.  Screw Fitz and move on.

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Besides all of that noise, my biggest fear is that Petty gets cut for some vet, Hackenberg never turns out, and Petty figures it out with someone we all hate. Because that's the feeling I'm getting right now. Petty has gotten better since last year from all reports.

Meh.  A 4th round pick used on what we knew was a "project QB" is a fairly significant investment to just throw away a year later.  Don't see it happening.  If absolutely needed, we can carry 4 QB's.

7 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Damn Macc, could've had Hoyer for 2mil as backup, learning this entire time through OTAs.  

Do something already.  Otherwise we're going into 2016 with two QBs in Petty and Hack who are currently 3rd stringers at best, and some low-end newly signed vet rushing to learn the system as backup.

I don't get it.  It's like Macc is purposely making this worse.  Screw Fitz and move on.

Hoyer is garbage I'd rather see what Petty has and I'm not even a Petty guy

9 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

If you like Petty, guess that's a legit fear.  But one that exists if Fitz signs as well.

Unless Petty or Hack can prove to be backup quality, we're keeping 4 or dropping Petty.  It's his 2nd season in a good system with weapons.  Dude should be getting close to being ready for a backup role.

6 hours ago, Big Blocker said:

Figures a Smith Fan like you would not understand the argument.

The point is that Fitzpatrick does not have to be Tom Brady to be much better than the alternative of starting a qb like Smith.  Who sucks.

What part of that do you not get? 

(that is a rhetorical question)

6 hours ago, Big Blocker said:

Figures a Smith Fan like you would not understand the argument.

The point is that Fitzpatrick does not have to be Tom Brady to be much better than the alternative of starting a qb like Smith.  Who sucks.

What part of that do you not get? 

(that is a rhetorical question)

Horsebleep. It is an opinion. And neither you or me..actually know that Fitz is better...period. 

15 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Not necessarily true that Hoyer would have signed here for the 2 mil. I know he has some incentives, too. If he came here he might not be just a backup. There's a good chance he would have played.. In Chicago a straight backup to Cutler with no chance to play unless there is an injury. That Hoyer salary is unusually low you would think he could have gotten more money.

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Not necessarily true that Hoyer would have signed here for the 2 mil. I know he has some incentives, too. If he came here he might not be just a backup. There's a good chance he would have played.. In Chicago a straight backup to Cutler with no chance to play unless there is an injury. That Hoyer salary is unusually low you would think he could have gotten more money.

Kinda agree.  We may have had to pay a bit more for Hoyer considering he would certainly have more likelihood of starting here.  So even at a 50% markup.  3mil wouldn't have been bad.

33 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Meh.  A 4th round pick used on what we knew was a "project QB" is a fairly significant investment to just throw away a year later.  Don't see it happening.  If absolutely needed, we can carry 4 QB's.

Or they could sign a vet Qb and cut Smith.

10 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Horsebleep. It is an opinion. And neither you or me..actually know that Fitz is better...period. 

Smith's stats are facts, and the fact is they show he sucked.  Did he get better?  Maybe.  But that he did is not a fact that is available to us as proof.  So until further notice he sucks.

9 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Kinda agree.  We may have had to pay a bit more for Hoyer considering he would certainly have more likelihood of starting here.  So even at a 50% markup.  3mil wouldn't have been bad.

I was thinking 5 because he has the resume and isn't a bad Qb,. I don't  think the Texans really know what they're doing. O'Brien is supposed to be such a great Qb expert. But I don't see it. 

9 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

Smith's stats are facts, and the fact is they show he sucked.  Did he get better?  Maybe.  But that he did is not a fact that is available to us as proof.  So until further notice he sucks.

when did he play with 2015 Jets talent? and it's good to know we can evaluate a players career after 1 full season and parts of 2 others.

7 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

when did he play with 2015 Jets talent? and it's good to know we can evaluate a players career after 1 full season and parts of 2 others.

You're  way overrating our talent on offense last year. Basically Marshall. And under rating the O talent on the Bills who had a lot and good production from their Qb. And btw not every Qb has to have Pro Bowl players to succeed. Geno had 29 starts and he could have led the team and had these guys playing good Jets football. A good Qb gets more out of his players than a bad Qb. Last year we had a good Qb. The guys played real well under him. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

Ypu're way overrating our talent on offense last year. Basically Marshall. And under rating the O talent on the Bills who had a lot and good production from their Qb. And btw not every Qb has to have Pro Bowl players to succeed. Geno had 29 starts and he could have led the team and had these guys playing good Jets football. A good Qb gets more out of his players than a bad Qb. Last year we had a good Qb. They guys played real well under him. 

hahaha, the best talent we have had around a QB since the 80s but yeah I'm overrating it.

in one full year we won 8 games w/ Geno, it took Fitz how many years before a team won as many as 8 games w/ him? and he still gagged when his team needed him most.

Archived