2016 Free Agency Thread

BroadwayJets

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, section314 said:

If true, wonder if they had any talks with Pats about Chandler Jones? Guess Pats wouldn't risk trading to an AFC team.

This is likely why they resigned Hali for 3 years. Also, heard a questionable report this morning about Chandler Jones punching someone a day or two before the trade. He may have not been on the trade block when they resigned Hali.

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Too bad KC seems to be pretty stingy with draft picks and has very little cap room.  Would have been a good trading partner re mo wilk.

what about the bears?  they could use mo, and i would love it if the jets traded up for wentz.  not lynch.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

what about the bears?  they could use mo, and i would love it if the jets traded up for wentz.  not lynch.

I for sure put Wentz and Goff well ahead of Lynch but trade ups are just too cost prohibitive in most cases.

Just now, Beerfish said:

I for sure put Wentz and Goff well ahead of Lynch but trade ups are just too cost prohibitive in most cases.

i would do mo and #20 to move up for a good qb prospect, maybe even get a pick back in a later round.  you have to wonder at this point if mccags has had conversations with gms about this.  

55 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i would do mo and #20 to move up for a good qb prospect, maybe even get a pick back in a later round.  you have to wonder at this point if mccags has had conversations with gms about this.  

I don't think any of these qb's are worth that.  Now that we lost snacks and probably also Fitz we have to keep mo

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Browns are drafting Wentz.  I don't  think goff or lynch are worth moving up for especially when there's a decent chance one slides to 20 or just take Cardale Jones in round 3 or 4

Just now, drdetroit said:

I don't think any of these qb's are worth that.  Now that we lost snacks and probably also Fitz we have to keep Mo

Even though most of the tracks are laid heading toward the HOF Mo will have to fast track from another team I think..:) Unless no team will take him at his current asking price..

1 minute ago, drdetroit said:

Browns are drafting Wentz.  I don't  think goff or lynch are worth moving up for especially when there's a decent chance one slides to 20 or just take Cardale Jones in round 3 or 4

None of the top 3 QBs are worth mortgaging the future for. Cardale Jones sucks and is the next Tory Woodbury.

Draft Kevin Hogan from Stanford in either the 3rd or 4th round and select Chad Kelly from Mississippi NEXT YEAR.

3 hours ago, BroadwayJets said:

It's official. Benson Mayowa @bensonmayowa10 is now a Cowboy!

No idea who this is but he's a cowboy

He was De for the Raiders , who the Raiders tender the lowest amount as restricted Fa.   The Cowboys signed him to offer sheet, and the Raiders decline to match it.   

On March 17, 2016 at 6:08 PM, HessStation said:

That's totally not why. I thought he made a few pro bowls already as a pro?

edit oh wait I just saw the cheeseburger LOL. 

Has his production seriously fallen off that much due to weight gain?

He's been ok not great past few years

More from Florida pro-day where word is the NY Jets are shopping & listening to offers for Muhammad Wilkerson

29 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

More from Florida pro-day where word is the NY Jets are shopping & listening to offers for Muhammad Wilkerson

Everyone seems to think that the Pats only getting a low 2nd for Jones stipulates that we cannot get a 1st for Wilkerson. I disagree.... I think a few teams will

be bidding and I think we can get a 1st rd. pick. Pats were going hush-hush with Jones. Jets are at the owners meeting making it known to all.

2 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Everyone seems to think that the Pats only getting a low 2nd for Jones stipulates that we cannot get a 1st for Wilkerson. I disagree.... I think a few teams will

be bidding and I think we can get a 1st rd. pick. Pats were going hush-hush with Jones. Jets are at the owners meeting making it known to all.

If you gave me an over under on a second round pick for Mo right now, I'd say later.  Last year we would have had a better shot, imo.

4 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

How do you know they weren't talking to any other teams?? Jones has a year left on his contract at 7 million and they got a bust player and a 2nd rd pick.. No team in their right mind is going to give up a 1st rd pick and pay Mo 16+ a year..

10 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

We've literally done this twice already with the team's best player. Each time they weren't supposed to get a first, each time they did. It's a waste of time not to.

2 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

How do you know they weren't talking to any other teams?? Jones has a year left on his contract at 7 million and they got a bust player and a 2nd rd pick.. No team in their right mind is going to give up a 1st rd pick and pay Mo 16+ a year..

I'm thinking a combo of picks this year and next. 

51 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Who though? Prior to FA we were talking about the Giants, Jags, Raiders, etc. Giants can't afford him/shouldn't at this point, Jags just shelled out a lot of $ to a slightly worse Mo, and the Raiders still possibly can. Bears are a common team brought up... but so far Pace doesn't seem like the type of GM to be on the other side of the Marshall trade (trading picks for players), he seems to like his cap space and picks. This is year 2 for him, so we'll see, but it doesn't seem like it. Again, they still can but I doubt it. 

Possible trade partners IMO:

Colts

Browns

Bears

Raiders

Every other team doesn't need him/can't afford him.

I think we should hope for Grigson to continue being an idiot. But I don't think we'll get anything better than overall pick 40 or so.

2 hours ago, Savage69 said:

There wasn't even a whisper among the NFL, ESPN, Fox Sports, Beat writers etc.

Everyone was totally caught off guard about it. Don't even know who contacted who 1st?

Jets are at a meeting in Fla with all the GM's talking deals....

Everyone knows Jets are open to trading Mo at the right price. I'm sure many are checking in with Mac to see if a deal can get done.

59 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

Who though? Prior to FA we were talking about the Giants, Jags, Raiders, etc. Giants can't afford him/shouldn't at this point, Jags just shelled out a lot of $ to a slightly worse Mo, and the Raiders still possibly can. Bears are a common team brought up... but so far Pace doesn't seem like the type of GM to be on the other side of the Marshall trade (trading picks for players), he seems to like his cap space and picks. This is year 2 for him, so we'll see, but it doesn't seem like it. Again, they still can but I doubt it. 

Possible trade partners IMO:

Colts

Browns

Bears

Raiders

Every other team doesn't need him/can't afford him.

I think we should hope for Grigson to continue being an idiot. But I don't think we'll get anything better than overall pick 40 or so.

Jmo I would put the Jaguars on that list of trade partners.( have to be the favorites)    They were in on Oliveri Vernon . ( lost out to the Giants)  They still have the most money , and can easily afford Muhammad Wilkerson contract.

Reggie Mckenize hates giving up draft picks, and the Raiders still plan on bringing back Aldon Smith. https://vid.me/Bxy6 ( Here K Mack hanging out with Aldon Smith .  Just going to wait till he reinstated before signing him.  I say it's very unlikely the Raiders trade for Muhammad Wilkerson. 

The Browns do you really see Muhammad Wilkerson signing a long term contract with them.   Without that , what they give back to the Jets isn't going to be much.

I think there are four teams possible trade partners for Muhammad Wilkerson 1. Jaguars 2. Bears 3. 49ers 4. Colts ( don't know their cap situation).  

10 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Jmo I would put the Jaguars on that list of trade partners.( have to be the favorites)    They were in on Oliveri Vernon . ( lost out to the Giants)  They still have the most money , and can easily afford Muhammad Wilkerson contract.

Reggie Mckenize hates giving up draft picks, and the Raiders still plan on bringing back Aldon Smith. https://vid.me/Bxy6 ( Here K Mack hanging out with Aldon Smith .  Just going to wait till he reinstated before signing him.  I say it's very unlikely the Raiders trade for Muhammad Wilkerson. 

The Browns do you really see Muhammad Wilkerson signing a long term contract with them.   Without that , what they give back to the Jets isn't going to be much.

I think there are four teams possible trade partners for Muhammad Wilkerson 1. Jaguars 2. Bears 3. 49ers 4. Colts ( don't know their cap situation).  

Colts can afford him, same with the 9ers. I just don't really think the 9ers would go for it, even though he'd be a good fit.

I see the Browns as likely as the Jaguars, aka as likely as the Raiders, aka not likely. 

had very real interest in Wilkerson & were very disappointed when he got tagged. Rumor only RD2 to trade him

Didn't want to make a new thread for this.

I guess this may be what the Jets are asking for Mo. Sounds about right.

25 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

had very real interest in Wilkerson & were very disappointed when he got tagged. Rumor only RD2 to trade him

Didn't want to make a new thread for this.

I guess this may be what the Jets are asking for Mo. Sounds about right.

The one team with a cap situation worse than ours.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The one team with a cap situation worse than ours.

True, but they are working on extending Brees to reduce his cap number.  Keep an eye

on that, if they open up space maybe we have a trade partner

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

SUre let's go to the store and pick one up off the shelf.

Isn't this the 2nd time you've said the same thing in a quote?

If your point is that you would rather not look for a true edge rusher and favor a slower, larger, set the edge but can't rush the passer at all player just say it.  The Jets have had about 10 years to 'pick one off the shelf'.  They actually tried to 'pick one off the shelf' last year and he got 4 sacks as as rookie playing limited snaps.

Archived