NY Jets: 2016 CUTS

Integrity28

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You need to stop buying jerseys from the bargain bin.

I bought a nice Abe jersey at a rural gas and shop in Virginia.  thing was all sewn letters and nice as could be.  $27.  Four years after heleft the Jets. Scoooooore!!!!!!

21 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I bought a nice Abe jersey at a rural gas and shop in Virginia.  thing was all sewn letters and nice as could be.  $27.  Four years after heleft the Jets. Scoooooore!!!!!!

When Abe was hungover for the raiders playoff game, I took my 6-7? year old (at the time)Daughters Abraham jersey to the kitchen garbage. My daughter looked on teary-eyed as my wife looked on in horror.

i immediately drove my daughter to local store to buy a Pennington jersey. I gave her a long, passionate speech about what it mean s to be a quitter and that's why I  threw out the Abraham jersey. I also gave a long passionate speech about what it means to play with leadership and guts, regardless of ability. And that was why we were going to buy a Pennington jersey.

She's a HS honors student now. All she remembers is that I threw out her jersey once and she was upset. She doesn't remember sh*t about the passionate speeches.  

I only buy hoodies now.

4 minutes ago, Shadetree said:

When Abe was hungover for the raiders playoff game, I took my 6-7? year old (at the time)Daughters Abraham jersey to the kitchen garbage. My daughter looked on teary-eyed as my wife looked on in horror.

i immediately drove my daughter to local store to buy a Pennington jersey. I gave her a long, passionate speech about what it mean s to be a quitter and that's why I  threw out the Abraham jersey. I also gave a long passionate speech about what it means to play with leadership and guts, regardless of ability. And that was why we were going to buy a Pennington jersey.

She's a HS honors student now. All she remembers is that I threw out her jersey once and she was upset. She doesn't remember sh*t about the passionate speeches.  

I only buy hoodies now.

OMG that is so awesome.  Thanks for sharing. 

44 minutes ago, Shadetree said:

I only buy hoodies now.

So, based on that lesson, has she perhaps had any tendency to tell her fellow students what an honor and privilege it is for them to talk to her?

I kid, I kid...

.... but seriously.

1 hour ago, Shadetree said:

I only buy hoodies now.

Love this post.

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I put my Glen Foley jersey to good use as well.

2 hours ago, Shadetree said:

I only buy hoodies now.

Should have gone Namath.

Jets released WR Jeremy Kerley.

This was a no-brainer move after Kerley fell out of favor under the new Jets regime. The move saves the Jets $1.3 million against the cap. Ex-GM Mike Tannenbaum handed Kerley a four-year, $16 million deal in October 2014.

Source: The LACK OF JOURNALISTIC SKILLS: Manish Mehta on Twitter 
Mar 9 - 4:09 PM

2 hours ago, Shadetree said:

I only buy hoodies now.

Should have bought her some pasta along with the Chad Jersey.

A few years back I stumbled on my great wish, a Ricky Ray game worn Jets jersey, I thought it was going to be a piece of cake to get, no one is going to care about a Ricky Ray jersey, the bids kept on going up like a Ryan Fitzpatrick contract watch.  Finally i was out of the bidding.  Later on I find out it was an acquaintance of mine from the Edmonton Eskimos fan forums that out bid me, the freaking jerk.

Easiest Cap savings of 2016 should (and likely will) be:

Kerly (WR):  saves $1.3 million

Folk (K):  saves $2.156 million

Cumberland (TE):  saves $1.9 million

Giacomini (RT):  saves $4.375 million

Total savings:  $9.731 million

16 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Damn I liked Kerley watch him go to the Patriots

Why do you always like JAGs like Kerley or even worse, terrible players like Geno Smith?

I hope Kerley does go to the Patas and fair catches every damned punt in 2016 and has a league low YAC for every pass attempt his way.

Archived