Enunwa Tops Jets Performance-Based pay List

JetNation

Enunwa led all Jets Wide Receivers with a 14.3 yards per reception average.

By Glenn Naughton

The NFL released its list of players who received performance-based bonuses today, and Jets Wide Receiver/H-Back Quincy Enunwa was at the top of the list for Gang Green (9th in the NFL), pocketing an extra $297,00 while guard Brian Winters picked up an extra $204,000.

Of those who received bonus money, cornerback Dee Milliner got the smallest payout at $2,677 according to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
7vm9XlDvdaA

Click here to read the full story...

21 minutes ago, chirorob said:

What did Milliner get a bonus for?  Not dying?

He finally graduated from the school of "How to Hold a Clipboard Without Getting a Paper Cut." They would've given him a trophy, in lieu of money, but he hasn't yet passed the class "How to Successfully Hold a Blunt Object Without Inadvertently Bludgeoning Your Nose."

I expect big things from Milliner if he keeps it up. Big things!

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Quincy is a guy I think who can only get better. If the 2014 draft were today he would go much much higher. Maybe even in the bottom of the 1st round or round 2. 

Uh, what? 

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Quincy is a guy I think who can only get better. If the 2014 draft were today he would go much much higher. Maybe even in the bottom of the 1st round or round 2. 

WHHHAAAA?!! Dude, you can't say stuff like that. I just about fell out of my chair AND my head nearly exploded at the same time. Enunwa is the definition of a player who saw 8000 more snaps than he should have last year. A honeybear is a more natural pass catcher than Q.E... I don't mind having a project or two on the roster, but he's so far from an every down player.

He makes Brad Smith look like Jerry Rice. 

24 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Uh, what? 

Look I thought that Quincy's learning curve went up a lot last year. He came from nowhere on the depth chart and was a contributor. I think if you compared him to guys drafted way ahead him in 2014 he would be up there. I can see him being a more complete player in '16, yeah sure I'm optimistic about him. I like his blocking and his skill set. We'll see,  he could have the talent to have a ten year career and be a starter.

17 minutes ago, Paradis said:

WHHHAAAA?!! Dude, you can't say stuff like that. I just about fell out of my chair AND my head nearly exploded at the same time. Enunwa is the definition of a player who saw 8000 more snaps than he should have last year. A honeybear is a more natural pass catcher than Q.E... I don't mind having a project or two on the roster, but he's so far from an every down player.

Totally off topic, but was watching "path to the draft" tonight. Jeremiah has a new mock out....has Lynch going #29 to Cardinals. Thought that would get you going.B) Interestingly, they mentioned 6 or 7 teams that might draft a QB in rd one, Jets not one of them. 

Totally off topic, but was watching "path to the draft" tonight. Jeremiah has a new mock out....has Lynch going #29 to Cardinals. Thought that would get you going.B) Interestingly, they mentioned 6 or 7 teams that might draft a QB in rd one, Jets not one of them. 

Funny, I saw that today and tweeted DJ about it. He and Bucky/C. Davis occasional reply to my pseudo- Joe Kane persona. Got into a lynch squabble with them. Lol.

There's actually few picks he made in that draft that I liked. The lynch one, not so much. That team of analysts are not high on him, tho Bucky was pretty fair. They all also don't seem to know/get/remember how much scouting Mac has been doing QBs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Look nobody is saying that Quincy is Rice. But he had a good season. Good enough to be featured and have a role in Gailey's offense. And he has plenty of room for improvement. Jerry Rice dropped plenty of balls his first season. Some of our fans don't like anyone. Fitz had a good year and they want him out. A good team is a collection of players who fit in to a scheme and who can make plays. Their individual talent level does not have to be star quality. Most of the 53 aren't stars. 

Look nobody is saying that Quincy is Rice. But he had a good season. Good enough to be featured and have a role in Gailey's offense. And he has plenty of room for improvement. Jerry Rice dropped plenty of balls his first season. Some of our fans don't like anyone. Fitz had a good year and they want him out. A good team is a collection of players who fit in to a scheme and who can make plays. Their individual talent level does not have to be star quality. Most of the 53 aren't stars. 

Most of what you say is true. The roster needs a couple Quincys to step in and make plays from time to time... But featured? No. He's contributor that can be relied on here and there, but we should be looking for his replacement yearly. He can stay for as long as he can hold off the next man up. He's an athlete for sure, but he's not a natural receiver. He can make plays at or around the line and comes with decent YAC ability. Thompkinz a slightly better version of enunwa. Why do you think NE cut him. Not a great WR. Kind of an important part of the position.

Do your job. That's the MO I subscribe to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Quincy is better than you're giving him credit for. Gailey basically de-emphasized the tight end position in 2015 when he saw the kind of talent Quincy has. But 2016 could be different. We'll see how Amaro fits into the offense and who else they could acquire. For me I was impressed with the guy. But I won't go crazy over him, either. What I really like was the combo of pass catching and blocking. He isn't a one trick pony.

I like Q and what he brings to the table . He's needed on this team for such a time as this . When the talent pool improves, hopefully we won't have a need for such a player. The object is to continue to get better  and as of this time, we have nothing better .

3 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Quincy is a guy I think who can only get better. If the 2014 draft were today he would go much much higher. Maybe even in the bottom of the 1st round or round 2

I'm a Husker fan and even I think that's crazy talk...

3 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

There's optimism and then there's this. What in the world are some fans smoking? Keep it away from the players 

17 minutes ago, peebag said:

I'm a Husker fan and even I think that's crazy talk...

Well, just look at some of the players drafted in the bottom 1st and 2nd and 3rd rounds. Q was taken in round 6. You don't think he's better than a lot of those guys. Look, I'm not going to make an ass out of myself and say that Q is going to the Pro Bowl ever. But imo I think he has the potential to be an above average starter and maybe even more. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Well, just look at some of the players drafted in the bottom 1st and 2nd and 3rd rounds. Q was taken in round 6. You don't think he's better than a lot of those guys. Look, I'm not going to make an ass out of myself and say that Q is going to the Pro Bowl ever/ But imo I think he has the potential to be an above average starter and maybe even more. 

This is way more reasonable than what you said before. If you had started with this, then no one would have laughed at you. I agree, he has the potential. But he in no way would be selected first or second round at this point and time. 

9 hours ago, JetNation said:

Enunwa led all Jets Wide Receivers with a 14.3 yards per reception average.

By Glenn Naughton

The NFL released its list of players who received performance-based bonuses today, and Jets Wide Receiver/H-Back Quincy Enunwa was at the top of the list for Gang Green (9th in the NFL), pocketing an extra $297,00 while guard Brian Winters picked up an extra $204,000.

Of those who received bonus money, cornerback Dee Milliner got the smallest payout at $2,677 according to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

7vm9XlDvdaA

Click here to read the full story...

******* Milliner should be giving money back never mind bonuses

I always had high hopes for Enunwa & I think he's just scratching the surface. Watch him beast a little bit next year now that LBs have to follow Forte. Quincy gets CBs & Safeties. He's gonna come into camp very confident. 

Archived