Interesting tweet from Prisco about Leonard Floyd

AFJF

Says the more film he watches, the more he thinks he's closer to being Jamie Collins than exclusively a pass rusher.

A lot of people view Collins as the best player on Pats defense.  First time I've heard somebody refer to him as more than a pass rusher.

15 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Says the more film he watches, the more he thinks he's closer to being Jamie Collins than exclusively a pass rusher.

A lot of people view Collins as the best player on Pats defense.  First time I've heard somebody refer to him as more than a pass rusher.

Always thought that was his knock. He doesn't put up the big sack numbers. Athletic, can drop and play in space. 

No idea who Prisco is, but Floyd will go top 10 and sack a lot of QBs.

When we play the Pats they run the ball maybe 10 times a game, Floyd would never come off the field, because he'll either be chasing Brady, athletic enough to chase down the underneath garbage and long enough to run with Gronk.

Let's face it, Gronk is uncoverable but a 6'6" Floyd if he is not pass rushing, would be nice to have trailing Gronk.

2 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

Let's face it, Gronk is uncoverable but a 6'6" Floyd if he is not pass rushing, would be nice to have trailing Gronk.

Gronk has a good 50lbs on Floyd.... Gronk runs over people, Floyd would get eaten for lunch(Mozzarella stick appetizer at that)

Can someone please explain why Floyd won't be the 2nd coming of Barkevious Mingo - who has been nothing short of unspectacular with Cleveland the last 2 seasons? Both have 6'4" frames at a weight of 230 lbs. with exceptional pass rushing speed. 

The nay-sayers on Mingo back in '13 have been proven correct thus far - his frame is slight for NFL play and he's  a one-trick pony. I do know Mingo recently beefed up to 240 lbs. Will Floyd be similar? I don't know much about Floyd, but he's seems eerily similar to Mingo

7 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Gronk has a good 50lbs on Floyd.... Gronk runs over people, Floyd would get eaten for lunch(Mozzarella stick appetizer at that)

What does 50 lbs have anything do with the effect of coverage ability?

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

Georgia played him inside as well and he was effective.  

30 minutes ago, NYDreamer said:

www.profootballtalk.com has it rumored that the Giants have taken Myles Jack off their board and won't select him if there with the 10th pick.  They are rumored to want Leonard Floyd out of Georgia with the 10th pick

And Josh Norris said on his podcast yesterday that the Giants had cleared Jack and will take him if he's there. This is the kind of thing that is always made up.

7 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

This is pretty much how I feel about Floyd. 

Think Dion Jordan. Way too light for the NFL.

8 hours ago, NYJCAP2 said:

What does 50 lbs have anything do with the effect of coverage ability?

Ever see a Safety trying to tackle Gronk? 

Gronk is going to get his receptions..... what kills teams is the YAC. Floyd will also be exposed in the run game.\ trying to set the edge.

Ever see a Safety trying to tackle Gronk? 

Gronk is going to get his receptions..... what kills teams is the YAC. Floyd will also be exposed in the run game.\ trying to set the edge.

I think you're missing the point I made when I said Gronk is uncoverable. If Gronk has made the catch you've already lost the battle.

The best teams defense against him is to slow his release and then have someone over top and underneath.

Archived