Per Evan Silva on Twitter regarding Fitz

SR24

7 hours ago, SR24 said:

"From @AdamSchefter: Ryan Fitzpatrick has told people he would "Rather not play football" than play for the #Jets at their contract offer"   

Obviously it is posturing but how incredibly insane it sounds when a moron acts insulted at a $24M offer to play QB in NY.  He is going to force the Jets to go in a different direction and in doing so, he will have thrown what was left of his career away.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's life other than football. If the guy doesn't want to continue his NFL career then like a lot of guys like Barry Sanders there's other avenues in life. And where are we getting these salary figures from. If you have one that has been verified how's about a link. And I'm not talking about guesses or speculation. 

I'm not a fan of Geno at ALL.. but after reading about this tweet I don't care for Fitz anymore.. let's trade for Glennon or sign Hoyer let's move on from both and if Geno is the only option so be it.  Let Fitzpatrick lose millions of dollars and hold a clipboard somewhere else.

Heck let's just go with Petty and see what we have..

http://www.newyorkjets.com/videos/videos/Road-to-the-Jets-QB-Bryce-Petty/cadf00dc-e1c0-4695-b3e3-08b54aa88d9f

BrycePetty.jpg

I think it's pretty funny that people think the Jets have any leverage here whatsoever.  The Jets are about to run Geno Smith out there behind a porous Oline.  

What's sad is that the Wilkerson situation has been mishandled so poorly that we don't even have the cap space to do anything.

15 minutes ago, Pcola said:

I think it's pretty funny that people think the Jets have any leverage here whatsoever.  The Jets are about to run Geno Smith out there behind a porous Oline.  

What's sad is that the Wilkerson situation has been mishandled so poorly that we don't even have the cap space to do anything.

Jets have all the leverage, don't know how you define leverage.  Fits retires or sits out and the Jets will play games in 2016.  They will have a QB and will move on.  Fitz will stay home, out of work as an NFL QB.

Mo has nothing to do with this.  Nor does his contract situation 

8 hours ago, Mike135 said:

May be an awful post but he did meet my expectations.  Had a chance to exceed 'em, but failed miserably.  Then proceeded to blow my f@ckin' mind with his insane salary demands.

Did you enjoy the season?  Did you enjoy 10 wins and being in the playoff hunt until week 17? 

Then stop whining about where we're drafting.

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Did you enjoy the season?  Did you enjoy 10 wins and being in the playoff hunt until week 17? 

Fitz was a good player and they didn't not qualify for the playoffs because of him or the 3 picks in the Buff game. They wouldn't have been there if he wasn't on the team. As for his salary demands I'm kind of tired of fans making claims based on rumors. That it's "speculated" that he wants Osweiler money. We don't know the facts on this and Mac is tight lipped about everything thank God. Who knew they were going to draft Lee yesterday. His name never came up in the conversation. Hey, if Fitz wants to quit it's his business. Not everyone wants to play in the NFL just because we do. 

This report is no surprise at all, it is what a lot of people expected.  He might just retire and if he holds the line on his demands the jets are not going to cave to any extent and he will be out of football until maybe some team has a bunch of injuries.

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Fitz was a good player and they didn't not qualify for the playoffs because of him or the 3 picks in the Buff game. They wouldn't have been there if he wasn't on the team. As for his salary demands I'm kind of tired of fans making claims based on rumors. That it's "speculated" that he wants Osweiler money. We don't know the facts on this and Mac is tight lipped about everything thank God. Who knew they were going to draft Lee yesterday. His name never came up in the conversation. Hey, if Fitz wants to quit it's his business. Not everyone wants to play in the NFL just because we do. 

You're making excuses for your guy.  

With the season on the line he shlt the bed.  We were inside the 20, 1st down, 6 to go.  A TD or a FG puts us up and that's all that counts for the QB.  He made a horrid throw and gave away at least 3.  No matter the excuse, no matter the defense "was torched" for 180 or so passing yards. 

Its more than a casual guess what he's asking for.  It will take at least teen money to sign him.  Macc doesn't think he's worth that kind of money.  Neither to do I.  I see a fall from last year and there is no future for him here like you expect out of a teen time QB.  

Fitz is a likable character, if any other player was holding out for this kind of money, if he were threatening retirement this fanbase would be throwing "fu[k him" out in every post.  Hell, Mo whose worth what he's asking for gets killed for asking. 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

You're making excuses for your guy.  

With the season on the line he shlt the bed.  We were inside the 20, 1st down, 6 to go.  A TD or a FG puts us up and that's all that counts for the QB.  He made a horrid throw and gave away at least 3.  No matter the excuse, no matter the defense "was torched" for 180 or so passing yards. 

Its more than a casual guess what he's asking for.  It will take at least teen money to sign him.  Macc doesn't think he's worth that kind of money.  Neither to do I.  I see a fall from last year and there is no future for him here like you expect out of a teen time QB.  

Fitz is a likable character, if any other player was holding out for this kind of money, if he were threatening retirement this fanbase would be throwing "fu[k him" out in every post.  Hell, Mo whose worth what he's asking for gets killed for asking. 

Look name me one player who didn't have a bad game and this includes Brady. And he again put us in a position to win that game. All 3 picks were later in that game. One great catch and it's a W.If we had Jerry Rice instead of Thompkins on the other end of that pass it might have been a W. You expect your receivers to make clutch plays, too.  He didn't s the bed. Even Willie Colon said it wasn't all his fault. The team was flat and the Bills weren't. And Willie isn't a guy who minces his words.

9 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look name me one player who didn't have a bad game and this includes Brady. And he again put us in a position to win that game. All 3 picks were later in that game. One great catch and it's a W.If we had Jerry Rice instead of Thompkins on the other end of that pass it might have been a W. You expect your receivers to make clutch plays, too.  He didn't s the bed. Even Willie Colon said it wasn't all his fault. The team was flat and the Bills weren't. And Willie isn't a guy who minces his words.

I'm not making any points on why or what it means in the big picture.  I'm saying the people like fish who tell me Fitz didn't cost them the game, it's on Revis or Bowles are making excuses.  The pass to Thomkins, wasn't a miss. Mil was a pass that was knocked away.  Rice or any other HOF only make that catch by luck, perfect example.  The if Thomkins were a better WR he makes the catch and we win.  Yeah, making an unreal catch by changing or removing what the defender did is a reason we lost.  But that Fitz threw a pick from the 14, down 2 isn't. You can blame anyone for that loss.  Still, after all the mistakes, the game was on him at the 14 and he threw an interception instead of coming through with the lead.

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I'm not making any points on why or what it means in the big picture.  I'm saying the people like fish who tell me Fitz didn't cost them the game, it's on Revis or Bowles are making excuses.  The pass to Thomkins, wasn't a miss. Mil was a pass that was knocked away.  Rice or any other HOF only make that catch by luck, perfect example.  The if Thomkins were a better WR he makes the catch and we win.  Yeah, making an unreal catch by changing or removing what the defender did is a reason we lost.  But that Fitz threw a pick from the 14, down 2 isn't. You can blame anyone for that loss.  Still, after all the mistakes, the game was on him at the 14 and he threw an interception instead of coming through with the lead.

I'm not blaming Thompkins. Like you say it would have been an unreal catch. But that's what receivers make: unbelievable plays. We saw a lot of them all season long esp coming from Marshall who was only doing his job. It's in his job description: making great plays. Look on paper the Bills match up well with the Jets and talent wise they might even have the edge. Losing to them esp with no pressure on them was not a big upset. They were more than capable of beating us.

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

I'm not blaming Thompkins. Like you say it would have been an unreal catch. But that's what receivers make: unbelievable plays. We saw a lot of them all season long esp coming from Marshall who was only doing his job. It's in his job description: making great plays. Look on paper the Bills match up well with the Jets and talent wise they might even have the edge. Losing to them esp with no pressure on them was not a big upset. They were more than capable of beating us.

losing to the bills was CRIMINAL-they had nothing to play for and on top of that a NUMBER of their stars were hurt

Fitz sh*t the bed -it is 100000000% on him

13 minutes ago, kmnj said:

losing to the bills was CRIMINAL-they had nothing to play for and on top of that a NUMBER of their stars were hurt

Fitz sh*t the bed -it is 100000000% on him

Yeah he was the only Jets player on the field that day. Irrational?.

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So agree.

We won 10 games.   We were a good team.

We beat the Pats, we beat the Giants.   It was a fun year.

56 minutes ago, chirorob said:

So agree.

We won 10 games.   We were a good team.

We beat the Pats, we beat the Giants.   It was a fun year.

it was a colossal disappointment not to make the playoffs.  we had fun moments but ruined by the last week.

Just now, nyjunc said:

it was a colossal disappointment not to make the playoffs.  we had fun moments but ruined by the last week.

It was.  It was a kick in the nuts at the end. 

I'd still rather have that then sit though a 5-11 season.

11 minutes ago, chirorob said:

It was.  It was a kick in the nuts at the end. 

I'd still rather have that then sit though a 5-11 season.

absolutely, the better you are the more painful the final loss is but I'd rather have a shot than the season ending in october.

4 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

No, you're missing the point.  No one makes that catch, the defender knocked it away because the pass wasn't out front where Thompkins would be the only able to catch it.  It was just another of a long list of inaccurate passes by Fitz.

might match up well is a lame excuse, that the game had no benefit to them is lamer.  The season, playoff were on the line and Fitz was flat and sucked. 

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No, you're missing the point.  No one makes that catch, the defender knocked it away because the pass wasn't out front where Thompkins would be the only able to catch it.  It was just another of a long list of inaccurate passes by Fitz.

might match up well is a lame excuse, that the game had no benefit to them is lamer.  The season, playoff were on the line and Fitz was flat and sucked. 

On that pass to Thompkins: I've seen better plays than that one. The bottom line is that as Qb he put them in a position to win that game. The blame game doesn't work when the entire team came out flat. And again the Bills are capable of beating anybody in the NFL. 

9 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

On that pass to Thompkins: I've seen better plays than that one. The bottom line is that as Qb he put them in a position to win that game. The blame game doesn't work when the entire team came out flat. And again the Bills are capable of beating anybody in the NFL. 

stop it, he prevented them from winning.  it would have taken a miracle of all miracles for Enunwa to catch that pass and go the distance.  the blame isn't all on Fitz but he was terrible and played scared.

12 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

stop it, he prevented them from winning.  it would have taken a miracle of all miracles for Enunwa to catch that pass and go the distance.  the blame isn't all on Fitz but he was terrible and played scared.

It was Thompkins not Emunwa. Agreed a miracle catch but how many miracle catches have you seen over the years. Did you ever hear of Jerry Rice. SBs and all kinds of victories are decided on plays like that. 

7 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

It was Thompkins not Emunwa. Agreed a miracle catch but how many miracle catches have you seen over the years. Did you ever hear of Jerry Rice. SBs and all kinds of victories are decided on plays like that. 

when did jerry Rice make a catch like that in a SB?  when has any big game ever been decided bya crazy catch like that would have been?

9 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

when did jerry Rice make a catch like that in a SB?  when has any big game ever been decided bya crazy catch like that would have been?

I'm giving an example of a great receiver who throughout his career bailed out his Qb and won games making great plays. This is the history of sports. Miracle catches unbelievable plays. As for Fitz he much like the team didn't have a good game. But Fitz did put his team in a position to win that game. That's a key phrase among coaches and players etc. You've done your job if your team has a chance to win it. 

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I'm giving an example of a great receiver who throughout his career bailed out his Qb and won games making great plays. This is the history of sports. Miracle catches unbelievable plays. As for Fitz he much like the team didn't have a good game. But Fitz did put his team in a position to win that game. That's a key phrase among coaches and players etc. You've done your job if your team has a chance to win it. 

how did he put the team in a position to win?  he led the O to 17 pots and threw 3 INts w/ one in the EZ.  he did  not do enough to help his team win, he dragged his team down.  He did not do his job that day.

Archived